You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Game companies in Finland

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #1

Default Game companies in Finland

A thought for the future that I have right now is to move back to Finland and get a job. I'd be applying for an art job at a game company, but right now I don't know any game companies from there. I know there's a few Finnish people here, so I wanted to ask them what's out there. Is the industry doing well? Do you happen to know if artists are in demand?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Here's a list of companies but hopefully others can give you more info on them as to reputation, etc. That list may not be complete either.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #3
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

The biggest Finnish companies are Remedy (Max Payne/Alan Wake) and Housemarque (several snowboarding games about 5 years ago), though Housemarque hasn't done anything remarkable in a long time. PS3 Super Stardust minigame doesn't count as remarkable.

Other companies that I know are for example Frozenbyte (Shadowgrounds) and Bugbear (Rally Trophy, Flatout franchise).

Those are propably the biggest, then there are several smaller companies and a ton of mobile game companies, or at least there used to be those.

Ahh there's a "black horse" company called Recoil Games, they are going a bit of the same way as Remedy, their first big game is in development right now and 3D Realms is producing it, just like they did with Remedy and Max Payne. It isn't a surprise actually, because one of the former key members of the Max Payne project is leading the development at Recoil Games. Samuli Syvähuoko is his name.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 07-09-2007 at 05:39 AM.