Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Gun Owners? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/20150-gun-owners.html)

PILMAN 06-19-2007 03:56 PM

Gun Owners?

Anyone here into firearms? If so, post up some pictures of what you own :).

I own a H&K USP .45 ACP handgun (12 round magazines +1 in tube)

http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i249/PILMAN/USP.jpg

and a Israeli made Galil in .223 caliber (35 round magazines)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...N/DSC00825.jpg

I will probably buy a FN FAL for my next rifle and probably a small concealable gun when I get my concealment permit, maybe a Jericho 941 compact.

Giligan 06-19-2007 04:04 PM

Those are some nice bits of work, there. Do you live in the U.S.? If so,do you have a class III FFL? (well, I suppose, you must, really :P )

All I own is a single-shot bolt-action .22 I inherited. Family heirloom, something like that. I'll post pictures soon.

PILMAN 06-19-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 419996)
Those are some nice bits of work, there. Do you live in the U.S.? If so,do you have a class III FFL? (well, I suppose, you must, really :P )

All I own is a single-shot bolt-action .22 I inherited. Family heirloom, something like that. I'll post pictures soon.

I do not have a class III. The Galil I own is a semi-automatic variant so not capable of full auto ;). But to answer your question, yes I live in the US. Only about 2000 Galils were imported into the US and they are very expensive (2000 dollars or more), so I am sure full automatic ones are even more rare.

Squinky 06-19-2007 04:28 PM

Guns make ugly baby Squinky cry.

Once A Villain 06-19-2007 05:46 PM

I have a Glock .40 caliber, a Japanese WW2 "Arisaka" rifle, and some kind of AK-47 that doesn't work. It's the non-automatic version of the AK-47. I think it has a different name, and is semi-automatic.

Before he died, my great uncle actually had an underground area at his ranch with all sorts of insane guns. I swear, it was like that scene in Terminator 2. Heh. I'm not really into that.

Spiwak 06-19-2007 06:52 PM

Uh, no.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 06-19-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILMAN (Post 419997)
I do not have a class III. The Galil I own is a semi-automatic variant so not capable of full auto

Unless you, um, happen to have a certain spare part in your vest that could swap out to enable full auto (until you see a dust trial coming up the mountain, at which point, you switch it back!).

Speck

ps: I know guns, but own none.

Hammerite 06-19-2007 11:36 PM

I really hope you NEVER get pissed off.

Jazhara7 06-20-2007 01:04 AM

My firearm is much more pretty than your firearm! :P

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6172/costume3qu0.jpg

That's just my hungarian composite bow. I also have a sports bow, but I'll have to take a picture of that one first.

And recently at training, I actually got to pull one of those bows with pulleys. They really are hard to pull up to a point, from which on you could tie them back with a piece of string.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jelena 06-20-2007 01:19 AM

What exactly do you gun owners do with your guns and whatnot?
Compete in shooting? Collect them?

Jatsie 06-20-2007 01:26 AM

I'm sure they duel with them, to settle their disputes like gentlemen.

SSH 06-20-2007 04:10 AM

As a wise man once said:

Got an AK-47, well you know it makes me feel alright
Got an Uzi by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night
There's no feeling any greater
Than to shoot first and ask questions later
Now I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

Well, you can't take my guns away, I got a constitutional right
Yeah, I gotta be ready if the Commies attack us tonight
I'll blow their brains out with my Smith and Wesson
That ought to teach them all a darn good lesson
Now I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

(Oh yeah, I'm)trigger, trigger happy
Yes I'm trigger, trigger happy
(Oh baby, I'm)trigger, trigger happy
(Oh I'm so)trigger, trigger happy
Better watch out, punk, or I'm gonna have to blow you away

Oh, I accidentally shot daddy last night in the den
I mistook him in the dark for a drug-crazed Nazi again
Now why'd you have to get so mad?
It was just a lousy flesh wound, Dad
You know, I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

Oh, I still haven't figured out the safety on my rifle yet
Little Fluffy took a round, better take him to the vet
I filled that kitty cat so full of lead
We'll have to use him for a pencil instead
Well, I'm so trigger happy, trigger happy every day

Come on and grab your ammo
What have you got to lose?
We'll get all liquored up
And shoot at anything that moves

Got a brand new semi-automatic weapon with a laser sight
Oh, I'm prayin' somebody tries to break in here tonight
I always keep a Magnum in my trunk
You better ask yourself, do you feel lucky, punk?
Because I'm trigger happy, trigger happy every day

Catbert 06-20-2007 04:29 AM

In my family men have penises, we don't need guns.

Giligan 06-20-2007 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PILMAN (Post 419997)
I do not have a class III. The Galil I own is a semi-automatic variant so not capable of full auto ;). But to answer your question, yes I live in the US. Only about 2000 Galils were imported into the US and they are very expensive (2000 dollars or more), so I am sure full automatic ones are even more rare.

I see. Still a nice firearm, though. I've always been a fan of the Galil, in asthetic terms. Supposed to be a pretty good assault rifle otherwise, too, except it isn't quite as robust as the Kalashnikov, its competion in that region of the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 420050)

I target shoot with mine; I'm not into hunting at all. And I certainly don't have the funds to collect. If I did, I'd have a Martini-Henry and a Garand. :D

Most people just collect, though. We gun owners love our steel and polymer babies in a way that would put car owner and hot-rod relationships to shame.

bulldog 06-20-2007 05:03 AM

I personally don't own a gun, my husband has a sawed off shot gun and I would like to get a glock for me. I don't hunt all thought I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

I collect knives....they are not as cool as guns but I have a Machete, Gerber Hunting knife with a fixed blade and gator grip and finally my newest addition Gerber knife with gut hook.
http://www.doba.com/site/images.products/7/8465.jpg

I'm hoping that my next knife will be a butterfly knife.

Giligan 06-20-2007 05:15 AM

Glock 17?

Those were all the rage a short time ago. Mammoth ammo capacity, etc. etc. Big with the cops. They've been eclipsed by the Beretta 92 now, or so I understand.

PILMAN 06-20-2007 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbert (Post 420071)
In my family men have penises, we don't need guns.

Unfortunately, a penis does not have the stopping power nor the firepower to take down a bad guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 420050)

handguns for concealment, nightstand gun and protection so I'm not lugging around a large shotgun in the middle of the night if I hear a crash at 3 AM. My rifles are for the range and collection, I love collecting military arms from around the world. I will probably start a world war II collection soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 420084)
Glock 17?

Those were all the rage a short time ago. Mammoth ammo capacity, etc. etc. Big with the cops. They've been eclipsed by the Beretta 92 now, or so I understand.

Glock are still the rage. They are light weight due to the polymer frame, strong and durable, high capacity (17 rounds for fullsize, 15 rounds for compact model in 9mm), easy to operate and the only way that gun will go off is if you pull the trigger. They are very common sidearms for security/police as well as for concealment and home protection. They are also considered pretty inexpensive (400-500 dollars).

bulldog 06-20-2007 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giligan (Post 420084)
Glock 17?

Really, a glock 17, I never thought about it. I have always looked at glock 9's. But then again I really don't know a whole lot about guns I guess it is time to start reading up. :D Thanks for the tip. :)

Jelena 06-20-2007 05:29 AM

Reading about the weapons you keep at home makes me realize what huge differencies there are between the US and northen Europe anyway. (I don't know about the rest of Europe.) This whole thread makes me uneasy.
Owning weapons over here is almost always connected to hunting or membership in a (sports) shooting club (expr?). Anyone that keeps shotguns or guns in numbers for other reasons would be looked upon with suspicion.
I'm not even sure you can get a firearm permit just like that without a valid reason for owning a weapon.

PILMAN 06-20-2007 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 420090)
Really, a glock 17, I never thought about it. I have always looked at glock 9's. But then again I really don't know a whole lot about guns I guess it is time to start reading up. :D Thanks for the tip. :)

No such thing as a Glock 9. The models go from Glock 17 to Glock 39. The Glock 18 is banned for sale in the US and the Glock 25 and 28 are banned for import as they use a .380 round so they do not follow under the 'sporting purposes' regulations.