You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat I'm ?, formerly known as ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #21
Lovable rogue

You can't beat a bit of Bully!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
A Servicable Villain

Come to think of it, I am still trying to find a nickname that's more suitable to me. For the record, I haven't used Flux on other forums in years. Throughout the internet I'm known simply for my real name; Roderick. Which is fine, but I lament not having a really awesome nickname that's not either lame or random or whatever. But I can't find anything! I mean I like Roderick fine, but it's, you know, my REAL name.

Anyone a suggestion? I tried something like Marduk, but for some reason it's not... me. Doctor Jesus? Jormungand? Captain August? Rodi? Checkmate? Regardless? Anubarak? Indubitably? Inquisitor? Mal Content? Starnuch? Leto? Scienceboy?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #23
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob

That’s cute Jatsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
Anyone a suggestion? I tried something like Marduk, but for some reason it's not... me. Doctor Jesus? Jormungand? Captain August? Rodi? Checkmate? Regardless? Anubarak? Indubitably? Inquisitor? Mal Content? Starnuch? Leto? Scienceboy?
How about ....Murdock, I kind of like checkmate, what about instead of “Science boy” how about” Science dude”, “Science man”, “Chemistry maker”. My vote is for checkmate.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #24
A Servicable Villain

I seem like a Murdock to you?! Checkmate is nice, but also generation X supervillain. ,,Look out, it's Checkmate; and he's castling!"

Scienceman is funny and awesome. Note that I only really like science, I don't practice it myself. There's already a website called that though, but that shouldn't stop me. Lacks a little 'personal' touch, however.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #25
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post

But yo can beat bullyin'!
Yo speak up aganis' them bullies and but dem 'pon de teacher's list of students to be put to expulsion, yeh man i'm a mega rapper.
[/uk-related satirical comment]
Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 AM   #26
A Servicable Villain

Not that you lot will give a damn, but I've narrowed it down! Most of the above weren't personal enough. I was nudging towards Starnuch, because it's a character from my webcomic Captain August (see sig) and it's quite original and feels comfortable. However, then I thought of 'Starflux', as a sort of extension of my current name. And where Flux feels too broad and general, the inclusion of Star kind of makes it more unique. It's at the same time very spacey and sciencey, personal because Flux has over the years served me well, and it's still catchy without being overtly pretentious. It also has lots of potential for a cool graphic that may serve as a signature underneath my comics.

I'll let it sink in for a few days, and then I'll report back and request a name change if possible. I'm very excited with this, because I've been breaking my head over a suitable nickname for well over a year now.

(Addendum: if pretentiousness wasn't a qualm I'd just go for God Emperor of course. Of course.)
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #27
The Russian Tzar

Who you callin' pretentious there, Nutch?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Not that you lot will give a damn, but I've narrowed it down! Most of the above weren't personal enough. I was nudging towards Starnuch, because it's a character from my webcomic Captain August (see sig) and it's quite original and feels comfortable. However, then I thought of 'Starflux', as a sort of extension of my current name. And where Flux feels too broad and general, the inclusion of Star kind of makes it more unique. It's at the same time very spacey and sciencey, personal because Flux has over the years served me well, and it's still catchy without being overtly pretentious. It also has lots of potential for a cool graphic that may serve as a signature underneath my comics.

I'll let it sink in for a few days, and then I'll report back and request a name change if possible. I'm very excited with this, because I've been breaking my head over a suitable nickname for well over a year now.

(Addendum: if pretentiousness wasn't a qualm I'd just go for God Emperor of course. Of course.)
I think that either one "Starnuch" or "Starflux" sound great.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #29
A Servicable Villain

Thankyees. Still have to let it sink in though Not a decision to be taken lightly!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #30
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:

Is that a Dalek?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #31
A Servicable Villain

You know; he may have been inspired by them, come to think of it. Good catch. But no; he is a megalomaniacal robot bent on taking over the world. He knows the answer to every question. Go ahead, ask him a question.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #32
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Thankyees. Still have to let it sink in though Not a decision to be taken lightly!
Oh yes I understand...I can't wait to see what you decided

Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #33

Quote:
You know; he may have been inspired by them, come to think of it. Good catch. But no; he is a megalomaniacal robot bent on taking over the world. He knows the answer to every question. Go ahead, ask him a question.

Well, that sounds pretty much like a Dalek. Except that additionally to the world domination thing, they also want to wipe out all other races.

And they probably won't answer questions.

A question you say, eh? Well, let's think.

Dear robot: Why?

-

Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #34
A Servicable Villain

,,Ha, you insult my intelligence with your human feelings. There is no 'why' to this all. Only the frail mortal mind would waste its time with such emotional flim-flam. There simply is, without reason."
*ZZZAP*

(Bonus update: I'm 85% sure I'll be going for Starflux. Stand by.)
Old 07-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #35
Lovable rogue

Quote:
(Bonus update: I'm 85% sure I'll be going for Starflux. Stand by.)
I support than decision.

Anything ending in "nuch" makes me think of "eunuch" and that's not something you want to be associated with.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
I support than decision.

Anything ending in "nuch" makes me think of "eunuch" and that's not something you want to be associated with.

I second that. For the same reason.

-

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #37
A Servicable Villain

So, whenever you read Nuch in my comic (you do read, don't you all? Don't you all?!) you think of eunuch? Wow, that's a shock. I thought everyone knew the name was obviously based on the Klingon word for 'worm'.

But that settles it. Starflux it is. Where can I change my name? Who do I speak to? Who runs this two-bit operation?! WHO?! Daleks, KILL THEM! Kill them all now before they have the chance to recuperate!
Old 07-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #38

Quote:
So, whenever you read Nuch in my comic (you do read, don't you all? Don't you all?!) you think of eunuch? Wow, that's a shock. I thought everyone knew the name was obviously based on the Klingon word for 'worm'.

But that settles it. Starflux it is. Where can I change my name? Who do I speak to? Who runs this two-bit operation?! WHO?! Daleks, KILL THEM! Kill them all now before they have the chance to recuperate!

I read your comic!

And I don't speak Klingon. I think it's unfair there's actually dictionaries for that, but not for draconic.

Oh, and I think you have to talk to Marek about that. Good luck getting him to respond any time soon, though. He seems to be quite busy at any point in time.

-

Old 07-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #39
A Servicable Villain

Hehe, sorry about the current sleepy status of August... I'm busy getting my Masters degree.

And I'll send my Daleks to Marek then. Aren't there other administrators around here that have that power?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:39 PM   #40
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Basically, anyone with a bold, italicized username is fair game. Not sure if plain vanilla moderators (e.g. Mel and Step) have that power, but they might be able to help you as well.

Ooh, Doug seems to be around right now. Why don't you ask him?