You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Anyone here own a Plasma HD TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #1

Default Anyone here own a Plasma HD TV?

I recently bought a 42 inch Plasma HD TV

I connected up my DVD to the TV and I'm having trouble with the sound whenever I play a DVD, I have to put the volume up all the way up to 50 to actual hear what they're saying, watching TV is clear enough and sound is only up to 15. Anything I can buy to improve the sound, that isn't too expensive?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Nah, but I do have a 21" crt Fintec.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
merely human

Congrats on your new TV. I don't know how to fix that, why not call the dealership you got it from and ask them?

I have little bitty Magnavox LCD HDTV myself. Tiny, like me.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #4

Plasma - bah, what a waste of electricity. I wish they'd hurry the hell up with SED.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
merely human

I specifically avoided plasma screens because they seriously suck up a lot of energy, are more expensive, unnecessarily heavy, and have a much shorter lifespan than LCD. I also prefer that the LCD has a wider viewing angle.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #6

They also run so hot they require fans and are vulnerable to image burn it.