You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Ninja Movies! NINJAS, I say!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2004, 04:38 AM   #1
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune
Default Ninja Movies! NINJAS, I say!

This weekend I had little "movie marathon", everyonce in a while, I have either a movie or game (adventure game) one...

I just got a DVD Box Set of Hollywood Martial Arts movies... 12 movies!!

With names Ninja The Protector, The Ultimate Ninja, Ninja Terminator, Ninja Dragon, The Ninja Sqaud, etc, etc... I thought I would have a "ninjarrific" weekend....

I eved cooked oriental food for the occasion...

But the "ninjaness" of the movies was way too little... I must admit I have never seen ninja movies before, but these were not too good, and I usually LOVE B movies!

They all seems to have a theme going in them...

The red ninja and the black ninjas are enemies and they fight for the "Golden Ninja Warrior" statue, which BTW look like a samurai shougn....

Here comes the worst part... They seem to be two different movies blended, very badly, into one... Most of the "ninjas" wear a banadana that says NINJA just so you can tell that there are ninjas...

BTW, all the ninjas are american and seem to fight each other for no reason....

In one movie a young kid trains to be ninja and returns home, as an adult and obviosly a totally different person... His homeland is overrun by a band of thugs... Who kill his family obviously...

Then a BAD ninja appears and kills a good ninja, both americans... why? Because he is bad ninja of course....

The kids, who is supposed to be a ninja, fights the thugs with guns and machine guns! MACHINE GUNS!!!!

The ninja who is supposed to be the kids master fights the bad ninja, he wins.... Duh...

The american ninjas and the kid never appear together... so obviosly the US bought a fight flick and added some bad ninja action into it....

The rest of the movies aren't much better.... Same good ninja, and you never see the americans and the asians in the same scene...

The non-ninja movies in the pack seem better, I haven't seen them all yet...

Are there any "decent" ninja movies out there? If I ever see Richard Harrison as a ninja in a movies again I'll go bonkers!

Oh, well back to the marathon...
Old 02-08-2004, 04:47 AM   #2
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Well I've watched the Karate Kid movies from tv during the last couple of weekends

Go Ralph Macchio!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:05 AM   #3
ACK!

Today I learnt a valuable lesson...
U.S. should stick to B horror and scifi movies and leave the B martial arts movies to the asians....
Old 02-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #4
gin soaked boy

sounds peachy to me

not as peachy as this, though..
Old 02-08-2004, 09:06 AM   #5
ACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
sounds peachy to me

not as peachy as this, though..
How I have a sudden urge to watch "Nazi Surfers Must Die!"...

BTW, is that Bone as your avatar? I always wanted to read that comic...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:59 AM   #6
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanukitsune
BTW, is that Bone as your avatar? I always wanted to read that comic...
yes, that's fone bone and that little green thingy is ted the bug, one terrific fella
the last bone issue should be out in a few months so you're just in time to catch up.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #7
ACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
yes, that's fone bone and that little green thingy is ted the bug, one terrific fella
the last bone issue should be out in a few months so you're just in time to catch up.
Hmm, tempting...
But I buy way too many comics already...
Old 02-08-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanukitsune
Are there any "decent" ninja movies out there?
Nothing comes to mind. It's kind of sad, really. Ninjas are a really cool concept to base a movie on too. But during the 80's Hollywood had to go and beat the concept into the ground. Now we can never have another ninja movie ever again. Thanks a lot, 80's!

Anyway, if you want ninjas I'd stick with video games. They seem to have a slightly better track record with ninjas.

mag
Old 02-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #9
ACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
Nothing comes to mind. It's kind of sad, really. Ninjas are a really cool concept to base a movie on too. But during the 80's Hollywood had to go and beat the concept into the ground. Now we can never have another ninja movie ever again. Thanks a lot, 80's!

Anyway, if you want ninjas I'd stick with video games. They seem to have a slightly better track record with ninjas.

mag
Curse you Hollywood!

The Princess Blade is kinda like a ninja movie, it IS about a secret society of assasins, and it is made in Japan...

But still, I guess there is no such thing as a decent ninja movie...

Speaking of games, I-Ninja should be our soon!
Old 02-08-2004, 01:11 PM   #10
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Ninja Academy? ¬

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 02-11-2004, 05:54 AM   #11
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Hmm, this isn't actually about ninjas, but I'm too lazy to create a new thread for this...

I'm just watching Half Past Dead from the year 2002.

It has Steven Seagal, and "actor talent" Ja Rule starring it.

In supporting roles are Claudia Christian (Babylon 5's Susan Ivanova) and Tony Plana (MANUEL CALAVERA from GRIM FANDANGO)

At first I did not notice Tony when I checked info from imdb before I waatched this movie, but immediately when Tony walked to the screen and said some words, I noticed that "hey, that's MANNY!!!". He has just the exact voice in this movie, it's like Manny has come to the big screen.

And I think that Mr Plana just raised the quality of this movie.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

« Movies | Nucomix 15 »