Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   What do you collect (besides games)? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/19907-what-do-you-collect-besides-games.html)

Trader 05-31-2007 05:06 PM

I have all the Terry Pratchett's books but I read them so often that they are falling apart,so I dont think they are classified as collectables. But I do collect the [very boring] stamps and coins, usually to do with horses or star signs or Australian themes that I like.

pinkgothic 06-01-2007 10:15 AM

I collect people. :D

Jazhara7 06-01-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trader (Post 415511)
I have all the Terry Pratchett's books but I read them so often that they are falling apart,so I dont think they are classified as collectables. But I do collect the [very boring] stamps and coins, usually to do with horses or star signs or Australian themes that I like.

I have all of Terry Pratchett's books...I own them together with my sister. Too bad my sister took most of them with her to Berlin. :(

Oh, and Australian stamps are awesome. I got some of them, and they're much more pretty than our German ones.

I also kind of collect stamps, because someone in my family seems to have started a collection of them in the past, but without actually putting them into albums. So I have to do that now.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Giligan 06-01-2007 12:20 PM

One of my dresser drawers is filled with Exofficio shirts, Columbia nylon pants, shorts, raincoats, jackets, etc. etc. All never worn. Soon to be joined by a pair of army issue liner socks sitting next to me. I guess you could call it a collection.

Melanie68 06-01-2007 12:26 PM

Old Salt and Pepper shakers (although I haven't added to the collection in a while).

Jazhara7 06-01-2007 12:53 PM

I collect dust.

Someone had to say that.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Not A Speck Of Cereal 06-01-2007 08:27 PM

I bet that I have more vintage dust than you.

tsa 06-01-2007 11:15 PM

Sheesh, a fight about who has the most dust in his/her house! :D

I thought I didn't collect anything, but recently I sort of started a collection of adventure game music.

samIamsad 06-01-2007 11:27 PM

I don't really collect games. I finish what I buy. I am not RLacey. :D For some weird reason, I end up selling most of them again, even the ones I liked. Safe for a couple of selected few...

I collect scars however. Oh, and records. Oh, and memories. Really bad habit, since past is past and what's over is over... :frown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic
I collect people. :D

Cut in half, put in bodybags or in a more... social sense? :devil:

Jelena 06-01-2007 11:30 PM

I don't collect anything I guess. I try not to get too attached to things (except for gold then.......;)).
I do collect experiences though, if that counts.

AFGNCAAP 06-02-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad (Post 415836)

These are not mutually exclusive, you know.

pinkgothic 06-02-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

That depends entirely on the person being collected. ;)

RLacey 06-02-2007 06:25 AM

Quote:

I don't really collect games. I finish what I buy. I am not RLacey. :D

samIamsad

SnorkleCat 06-04-2007 03:16 AM

Not a damn thing. I like my surfaces uncluttered and clean. I dislike figurines, knick knacks, commemorative plates, novelty spoons, thimbles, dolls, and anything else commonly acquired and perched on shelves.
As for books, I never considered those "collectible." To me, a "collectible" item is one that serves little or no purpose. Books, games, DVDs, etc don't fall into that category for me. I love antique items, but again, I wouldn't buy them if I couldn't use them somehow.

tsa 06-04-2007 11:22 AM

I actually like small things on display. I keep a lot of stuff on my shelves, and spend quite some time cleaning them when they're dirty :)
I also seem to collect Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels. I bought three of them yesterday. I have almost all of them now.

GhostPirateLechuck 06-04-2007 11:39 AM

I recently sold my 45K vintage, carded action figure collection. I had 67carded Star Wars figures, 45 Gi Joe carded figures, 13 Thundercats carded figures, 17 Indiana Jones Carded figures. Those going with approx. 80 boxed vehicles and sets. The figures dated from 1977-1989.

I still collect vintage pop culture board games, weapons dating from 1345 on as well as pieces of armor. I sold my action figure collection to support my weapon phase.

zach 06-04-2007 02:39 PM

I collect records (as in "vinyl"). I've probably got somewhere near 1100 currently, but I haven't bought many in the last year or so. Nothing too valuable, since $35 is the most I've ever paid for one record, but I do have several worth over $100, which is kinda neat.

Henke 06-04-2007 05:32 PM

Well besides adventuregames I do have a very large amount of movies (mostly horror) and music (mostly metal). So I guess I should be classified as a collector in those areas too. :P

lumi 06-04-2007 07:51 PM

It looks like I'm starting to collect colognes. I like thinking about what I'm going to wear, and fragrances are a natural extension from that. Just one more thing to think about coordinating with the day's activities.

Jatsie 06-05-2007 10:58 AM

I want to start a kneecap collection.