Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Who should be George Stobbart? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/19885-who-should-george-stobbart.html)

Rayvielle 05-25-2007 10:14 AM

Who should be George Stobbart?

Man ... I can't express how much this acutally excites me.

This has potential to be a real champion at the cinema, as the game has a good solid story, and a protagonist that can be endearing to all types of audiences.

But it does beg the inevitable question ...

Just WHO do you think is fit to play Mr Stobbart?

I'm going to take some time to think on this and come back with an answer.

But ... I'm getting good vibes from this deal. Shadow of the Templars brings in a lot of elements that have proven successful on the big screen in the past, and if done right, could make for a real enjoyable romp!!

I feel both this, and the Prince of Persia series, could really change the way people view game - movie adaptions...

Panthera 05-25-2007 10:33 AM

David Spade!
http://www.nndb.com/people/704/00002...ubshot-med.jpg

I know he's not who people first would think of, but I want a quirky Stobbart, who isn't overly handsome or buff..

Don't really know about the others, but I don't want the girl from The Da Vinci code, it was so fake!

and then there is the museums quarator, and the police inspector..

Aj_ 05-25-2007 11:24 AM

Josh Holloway from Lost kind of looks like George, and seeing him work out the puzzle in the cage could have been George.

Michael Shanks from SG-1 can play someone with the same temperament as George. Perhaps some of MacGyver (RDA) brushed off on him.

The best person I can think of to play George from the period of Shadow of the Templars is Jesse Spencer from House, just has to gain an American accent like Hugh Laurie.

Jazhara7 05-25-2007 12:48 PM

Does that mean...can it be? *checks news at the top of page*

OH MY GOD, IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!!

I think David Spade is a good choice, though Jesse Spencer sounds good too. But I'll go for Spade, as when I saw that picture, I thought he looks incredibly like George. And if he's quirky, that's good.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Lucien21 05-25-2007 01:09 PM

Josh Holloway ws kinda who I was thinking of.

It must be the floppy hair.

And if it wasn't for that crappy Da Vinci Code I would have said Audrey Tatou was perfect for Nico.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-25-2007 04:07 PM

Mmm, I think Eva Green should be Nico. She's both intelligent and sultry.

David actually sounds kind good for George, imagine the awesome dynamics between him and Green.

beat!the!champ! 05-25-2007 04:18 PM

David Spade is too David Spadey. And it'd be known as another David Spade movie, rather than The Broken Sword movie.

Spencer looks like a good fit, but you're right about the accent. Eva Green sounds good too.

Aj_ 05-25-2007 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens

Oh yes, definitely.
Quote:

Originally Posted by beat!the!champ!
David Spade is too David Spadey.

I don't know who he is, so I have no idea what it means, but the word "Spadey" made me laugh. I don't know why.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21
It must be the floppy hair.

All the actors mentioned so far at some point have, I think it's a requirement.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-25-2007 05:39 PM

I was gonna say Owen Wilson but perhaps not.

Still, he could be a great bumbling compliment to Eva Green.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 05-25-2007 07:52 PM

Being the champion of ignorants here, can someone please explain who George Stobbart is?

Intrepid Homoludens 05-25-2007 08:04 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Sword

Quote:

George Stobbart is an American tourist on holiday in Paris in the autumn. The story opens with George's quiet coffee at a cafe rudely interrupted by the explosion of a bomb planted by a man dressed up as a clown. He sets off investigating the explosion and, gradually, he and photo-journalist Nico Collard are drawn into a globe-trotting adventure involving conspiracies, cults and murder, all revolving around the Knights Templar.
Specksie

THAT is for being a lazy doofus and not looking it up yourself.

Maquisard 05-25-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal (Post 414278)
Being the champion of ignorants here, can someone please explain who George Stobbart is?

The main character in the Broken Sword series of adventure games which, like you, I've never played.

EDIT: trep beat me to it. :D

Jelena 05-25-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 414262)
I was gonna say Owen Wilson but perhaps not.

Still, he could be a great bumbling compliment to Eva Green.

Noooooo! I don't get what people see in Own Wilson and he talks really funny/strange too. He would ruin the cute George Stobbart.

Hammerite 05-26-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens (Post 414243)

I agree :D [/HORNY TEENAGER]

Catbert 05-26-2007 11:32 AM

Bill Pullman.

Not A Speck Of Cereal 05-26-2007 07:52 PM

Okay, sorry, I've played BS3.

How about Ron Pearlman, or Mickey Rourke?

Intrepid Homoludens 05-26-2007 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specksie (Post 414469)
How about Ron Pearlman, or Mickey Rourke?

Erm..... http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/corky/corkysm79.gif

Specksie

Not A Speck Of Cereal 05-26-2007 08:09 PM

Ron Pearlman is great. He's a diverse actor with the appropriate physique. I think he would do a fine job.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-26-2007 08:32 PM

You have to be realistic, though, Specksie. Though personally I like his unique look and his talent, Pearlman will never have the classic handsome guy face to merit the box office sales of a leading man. That's how the industry works. *shrug*

Jatsie 05-26-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 414303)
Noooooo! I don't get what people see in Owen Wilson and he talks really funnily/strangely too. He would ruin the cute George Stobbart.

Maybe people with an elbow fetish are attracted to that thing in the middle of his face, he calls a nose. ;)