Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The Sims® movie, you heard that right! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/19879-sims%C2%AE-movie-you-heard-right.html)

samIamsad 05-25-2007 03:40 AM

The Sims® movie, you heard that right!

Quote:

20th Century Fox has acquired feature rights to the life simulation computer game "The SIMS" from Electronic Arts, and has set project up with Fox-based John Davis.
(http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2562)

:D

Quote:

"'The SIMS has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it," said Humble. "Given that that's an old story, you can imagine how easily that would translate to traditional story telling."
The appeal of these games is that people get to tell their *own* stories, with their own characters inhabiting Worlds they've built themselves, and the prospect of some sort of traditional cinema narrative carrying the "The Sims" name, well, that's just LOLz?! Does everything need to be turned into a movie these days? But since it's the best selling PC game of all time, it was about, uh, time... I guess?! Very hilarious news indeed. :)

(I'm waiting for Jean-Pierre Jeunet to announce his next masterpiece "Tetris". Fingers crossed and everything. )

Hammerite 05-25-2007 03:50 AM

Ooo-whaaht??

Jatsie 05-25-2007 03:58 AM

Somehow I doubt this film will be anything like my Sims game, which mostly involves setting fire to babies, and drowning old people in the swimming pool. ;)

samIamsad 05-25-2007 03:59 AM

You and me buddy.. :D

Intrepid Homoludens 05-25-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jatsie (Post 414081)
Somehow I doubt this film will be anything like my Sims game, which mostly involves setting fire to babies, and drowning old people in the swimming pool. ;)

Are you sure that's The Sims you're playing and not Postal 2?

Crunchy in milk 05-25-2007 06:37 AM

"Honey I Shrunk The Kids" meets "Tron". Just you wait and see.

The Sims is an electronic doll house. I don't care how exciting the version/expansion is named. Its a doll house.

If they had he-man, teela and battle-cat sims, i'd play it.

Intrepid Homoludens 05-25-2007 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 414124)
The Sims is an electronic doll house. I don't care how exciting the version/expansion is named. Its a doll house.

That's precisely what I've always thought.

Of course, I've also always thought that RPGs are like very complicated Barbie/G.I. Joe dolls myself. Complete with full wardrobe, accessories, home, friends, and even pets.

samIamsad 05-25-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk

What the heck are you waiting for? :7

jacog 05-25-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Davis' most recent projects include "Norbit," "When A Stranger Calls," and "Eragon."

Lynch scripted and helmed upcoming "Big Helium Dog," and penned "Scary Movie 3," and is managed by Benderspink.
Okie... I was going to harp on about how ludicrous it is to make a movie out of a life simulator... but I think it's a moot point...

Norbit - Ewww
When a Stranger Calls - bleurgh
Eragon - don't get me started... stinky stinky stinky
Scary Movie 3 - *farrrrrrt*

The world truly has gone mad. But it's ok if they make stinky movie adaptations of thigns I don't care much about... thing is, they keep doing it to things I do care about.

Jazhara7 05-25-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 414124)

Is that a promise? I'm sure I can find you some in a jiffy.

EDIT: Nevermind, Samsie was faster. But I'm sure I can find you some for the Sims 2, too.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lucien21 05-25-2007 11:27 AM

Is all the dialogue going to be in little speech bubbles above their head?

beat!the!champ! 05-25-2007 09:35 PM

I hope it'll be entirely in Simlish.

I wonder if it'll have a Toy Story-esque premise along the lines of inanimate objects coming to life, each with unique personalities, but only when nobody's looking. I often suspect that of all the stuff I've got. And the characters in the games I play.

Hysteria 05-26-2007 12:24 AM

Lol, this is impossible :D

Zanthia 05-26-2007 02:28 PM

The last game I expected to be turned into movie. It has no scenario at all.

Panthera 05-26-2007 04:31 PM

Maybe they'll make a "make your own movie" thing.. An FMV version of the game.
"What should Robert do next?"
a) Invite Susan home
b) Make out with her right there in the restaurant
c) make a romantic sausage meal on the grill
d) go to the toilet

"Pick up your chooser NOW!"

MoriartyL 05-27-2007 01:51 AM

This is truly pathetic. I wish I was shocked, but I'm too cynical. This is how it always works. The Sims makes lots of money, some leeching businessmen want to get that money. And it could work, too. If they could sell little girls on Barbie movies, they can sell little girls on The Sims movies.