You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Chit Chat Scene of the Day - April 12th

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #1

Default Chit Chat Scene of the Day - April 12th

Here are pictures I took from a trip to Japan last summer. Every location is in Tokyo, with the exception of Mount Fuji.

My hair's getting this long again, and it's time to cut it.

You might recognize this famous intersection from Shibuya in the movie Lost in Translation.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #2

Looks like a scary place. Just how do these people avoid coliding into each other like pool balls? (though it doesn't seem as scarry as the cities in a previous scene of the day thread)
Old 04-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
The Major Grubert.

I'm actually attracted to places like that and am looking forward to visiting there myself. Lumi, what's 'Shibuya'? I thought that intersection was in Tokyo? Is Shibuya a district?

I still haven't been to New York, but I've been to other huge metros and found them fascinating. I love Rome and Madrid. Munich was interesting as well, though not as much.

I've flown through Heathrow many times, but still have never visited London proper.

Anyway, thanks for the pics Lumi!
Old 04-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
Looks like a scary place. Just how do these people avoid coliding into each other like pool balls? (though it doesn't seem as scarry as the cities in a previous scene of the day thread)
It's not really that bad walking the streets, although I did most of the walking during weekdays when people were working. In the US people are used to a larger personal space, but in Tokyo you're going to be bumping into people. I thought it was a very nice change of pace, because I'm not a big fan of US cities, at least not the ones I've been to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I'm actually attracted to places like that and am looking forward to visiting there myself. Lumi, what's 'Shibuya'? I thought that intersection was in Tokyo? Is Shibuya a district?

I still haven't been to New York, but I've been to other huge metros and found them fascinating. I love Rome and Madrid. Munich was interesting as well, though not as much.
Shibuya is a special ward of Tokyo, which is their way of diving the city. It's probably akin to the burroughs of New York City.

I also like the metro system in Tokyo. It's much funner than driving around in a car and looking for parking.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 AM   #5
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Very nice but ugh...too many people.

I've survived travelling on a public bus in China once (all the way from about Tiananmen Square to the last station) in Beijing. On the way back we took the bus too, but left to switch to the Underground at the first chance (which still took pretty long. But since we got on the bus where it started, we actually managed to get seats then. Not that you could really fall over in the bus, as full as it was.).

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #6

I wonder what the rural Japanese think of this?

I bet that some history buffs in Japan are really pissed that the Russians didn't try to sell at least part of Alaska to them.