You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Bastards on Ebay!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva
Default Bastards on Ebay!

I bought 3 gamming posters about almost 2 weeks ago on ebay. (Death by Degrees, Thief 3 & Kill Switch) And this guy had loads of good feedback so I thought I was safe.

The prick takes my £15 and leaves ebay. After I emailed him like 5 times without reply I knew something was wrong, but now I cant do jack.

Needed to get that out...

Ebay Pricks.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 03-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
merely human

(((((Dasilva)))))

Is there any way to have eBay do something about this?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Super Moderator

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter...me=home:f:f:US
Old 03-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
OUATIJ Creator

That definitely sucks Dasilva. Try having your seller disappear when the item for sale is a $5,000 camera. That was back in 2002, but I'll NEVER forget it... Hope my misfortune makes you feel a little better. :-)
Old 03-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #5

Has the seller gotten a lot of recent negative feedbacks? I ask because if it has been only two weeks then there's still a chance that the seller might have a good reason not to be responsive at the moment. I had this happen to me once. After not responding at all for almost a month, the seller contacted me later and explained that he had health probelms and couldn't complete the deal or get on the internet. He ended up refunding my money to appologize and allowed me to keep the stuff anyway.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 AM   #6
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akane_t View Post
Has the seller gotten a lot of recent negative feedbacks? I ask because if it has been only two weeks then there's still a chance that the seller might have a good reason not to be responsive at the moment. I had this happen to me once. After not responding at all for almost a month, the seller contacted me later and explained that he had health probelms and couldn't complete the deal or get on the internet. He ended up refunding my money to appologize and allowed me to keep the stuff anyway.
But ebay says these guy is nolonger registered on ebay. So I doubt his got the flu or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once A Villain View Post
That definitely sucks Dasilva. Try having your seller disappear when the item for sale is a $5,000 camera. That was back in 2002, but I'll NEVER forget it... Hope my misfortune makes you feel a little better. :-)
No insult to you, but I would never spend more thn £100 on ebay, purely because of the risk. But I feel your pain, I would of been devastated if I lost that much money.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #7

I once bought a copy of Donkey Kong Country for the GBA on ebay to play on my DS. Turned out to be an obvious fake. Badly printed manual with only text inside, the box hadn't even been folded (!) and you couldn't save the game - guess they forgot to turn off "Read Only" when they copied it. In hindsight I should have noticed the auction imaged showed only a jpeg of the boxart instead of a photo of all components being sold....

I couldn't be asked to go through the hassle of getting my money back, but after several emails back and forth with him insisting it was a legitimate copy I decided to leave to some negative feedback: "timely delivery, but game appears to be an illegal copy"

To which he replied: "I sell USA imported legal games ! maybe next time contact before give negative."

Jackass.

That said, this has been my only negative experience with Ebay so far. I've bought several games in the past that arrived quickly and in good condition.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:03 AM   #8

Once A Villian: Same thing happened in '05 with a friend of mine at Uni. She tried to buy an expensive DV camera only to get ripped off. Man, she was pissed!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #9
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I once won an auction for the FM Towns version of LOOM, by an italian seller. I can't remember for how much, but it was a bargain for an FM Towns version.

Then the seller contacted us to ask if it's alright that it's a pirated copy - he asked because he had previously gotten a complaint about that. I said it wasn't, and he got all angry (because he didn't understand what the fuss about not wanting pirated copies was about - and for a pirated copy, the price would have been much too high anyway. )

In the end we agreed to something, and did not accept the game, and he did not get his money either.

Still, this annoyed me to no end.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

if you pay by paypal you are protected that way and this is the best way to ensure that you dont get rippe off. i aint had any probs but my dad did and coz of pay pal he was fine. here are a simple few rules

if you are unsure about something then:

check to see if they is selling dups or has sold the same thing before.
if new and only accepts pay pal be weary but remember it will be fine as you are protected.
paying by pay pal is free safe and quicker than cheques and our great mail service. choose to pay insurance and if not offered on expensive items ask for and state your reasons why. (say bad post service recently in your area is a good one), if they continue to say no then think twice. complain it costs nothing to send a email to ebay and the person in question.

i'm sure other people will either agree with me or add what i forgot but all together enjoy using ebay

Marise-Chiko
Old 03-15-2007, 04:13 AM   #11
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

That's really too bad. I've always had decent Ebay experiences, but I rarely purchase anything very expensive. Take for instance the perfectly respectable binoculars which cost only $1.60....but there's always someone out there who will try to cheat you. It's really a damn shame and it makes me feel resentful because I want to be able to just relax and not worry so much about being taken for a ride...too bad.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
I bought 3 gamming posters about almost 2 weeks ago on ebay. (Death by Degrees, Thief 3 & Kill Switch) And this guy had loads of good feedback so I thought I was safe.

The prick takes my £15 and leaves ebay. After I emailed him like 5 times without reply I knew something was wrong, but now I cant do jack.

Needed to get that out...

Ebay Pricks.
were they signed? A lot of fraudulent signed movie poster sellers are getting whacked off eBay one by one recently. Be careful!

If you ARE going to buy something expensive, ask if you can contact the seller directly via phone/email. A really good seller should always be willing to go out of their way to move the transaction along - especially if it's authetic merchandise.

You can always buy from me! eBay id : ERIQSTUDIO (I sometimes sell games and movie stuff.)
Old 03-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #13
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

My worst eBay experience was trying to acquire a copy of Tombi!. After paying, I got sent a completely different game. I politely made note of this, and the seller apologised profusely and said he must have mixed up addresses - and I should send it back, and he would see what he could do. So I sent it back, and it got acknowledged that it got back, but that he hadn't managed to get in touch with the person who had Tombi!, and would refund me. Except that never happened.

All of this took so long that I couldn't even leave negative feedback.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been, because I'm sure he just ended up forgetting it, rather than intentionally ignoring it, and I simply stopped bothering with the pointlessly tedious thing, and he was polite... but it was still frustrating.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 AM   #14
Hitch-Hiker

Oh how lovely I won SplinterCell Double Agent for the PS2 for £10, and pop another guy left ebay. And I paid £20 for excite truck with someone who has less than 10 positive feedback (my stupidity) through paypal and It looks like Im not getting that item either.

_

Old 03-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva View Post
Oh how lovely I won SplinterCell Double Agent for the PS2 for £10, and pop another guy left ebay. And I paid £20 for excite truck with someone who has less than 10 positive feedback (my stupidity) through paypal and It looks like Im not getting that item either.

I just have to say as an ebayer, just because someone has thousands of positive feedback does not mean that you will necessarily get better service than someone just starting out, although I am not defending the guy/gal that did this to you.

But if you paid via paypal just open a dispute, in time you should receive your money back. All hope is not lost.

Last edited by jelly3; 03-26-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: grammar