Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Tintin Lives (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/19151-tintin-lives.html)

SoccerDude28 03-08-2007 12:10 PM

Tintin Lives

Dreamworks bringing Tintin to the big screen

I have been a huge fan of Tintin for the longest time. A Tintin movie is awesome :)

makini 03-08-2007 01:28 PM

Now that's incredibly good news! I've been a Tintin fan all my life, and own all the books and soundtapes, reading and lÃ*stening to them from time to time, even now that I'm grown up. I can't wait to see the trailer :)

ATMachine 03-08-2007 06:17 PM

Hopefully this time it'll go through. Spielberg's been wanting to do a Tintin film since the 1980's.

Anyone have suggestions on which albums they should adapt? I've always been partial to the Secret de la Licorne/Tresor de Rackham le Rouge pair myself, and it's free of the mid-20th century political intrigues which date lots of the other albums.

If they do it in live-action, though, how are they going to replicate that impossible hair? ;)

SoccerDude28 03-08-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATMachine (Post 396910)
Hopefully this time it'll go through. Spielberg's been wanting to do a Tintin film since the 1980's.

Anyone have suggestions on which albums they should adapt? I've always been partial to the Secret de la Licorne/Tresor de Rackham le Rouge pair myself, and it's free of the mid-20th century political intrigues which date lots of the other albums.

I myself would love to see the cigars of the pharaoh.

Quote:

If they do it in live-action, though, how are they going to replicate that impossible hair? ;)

How about a dog that looks like snowy, and is as smart :)

jacog 03-08-2007 08:32 PM

They have a stage musical of Tempe de Soleil (sp?) in Belgium. Their performers look the part. Good sets too.

Crunchy in milk 03-08-2007 09:07 PM

I would like to see Broken Ear or Seven Crystal Balls & Prisoners of the Sun with the hope they change the solar eclipse finale.

jacog 03-08-2007 09:17 PM

And the very un-pc references to 'Indians'.

makini 03-09-2007 12:35 AM

I'd like the Broken Ear most, it's always been close at heart to me. Another would be The Crab with the Golden Claws (is that i's name in english?), or the crystal balls/prisoners of the sun pair. Any one of them with jungle and indians in it would turn out great, I believe.

RLacey 03-09-2007 03:46 AM

They should so go and insult everyone by filming Tintin in the Congo or Tintin in Russia :P.

Trumgottist 03-09-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Hopefully, they wouldn't. I haven't seen the blue oranges, but I think that looks silly. If they do it live-action I'd prefer it to be more realistic. Some of the recent Marvel movies do that well.