Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Corrupt-A-Wish! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/18727-corrupt-wish.html)

SSH 02-01-2007 10:25 AM

^^ *kazum* you discover this after much experimentation and then die of diabetes-related complications

^ the joysticks are made, but are incompatible with every computer known to man except the Radio Shack TRS-80

I wish that George W Bush would explode

akane_t 02-01-2007 10:28 AM

Boy, reading through this thread is like watching an Ingmar Bergmann film, which often depresses me and puts me in a pensive mood. Basically, people have been killing each other in a variety of horrible ways and have each other's life screwed up (morbidly obese!). I wonder if someone will be creative enough to screw up a wish in a positive way?

undeaf 02-01-2007 10:29 AM

Hey, I'm going easy on people.

Hammerite 02-01-2007 10:30 AM

george bush DOES explode but the guts mess up the expensive coat you bought, and then a scientist steals your coat and puts george bush's brain in the body of a robot.

i wish i was bulletproof.

Intrepid Homoludens 02-01-2007 10:38 AM

*alakazam!!!* You turn into solid stainless steel. However, your family and friends can no longer hug you and feel warmth, thus abandoning you forever.

I wish I were depressed.

SSH 02-01-2007 10:40 AM

PCHING! you get depressed, but then become so happy on the medication your doctor gives you that you are even more happy than you are now...

I wish that people would stop using the cop out of saying "You get your wish but then die"

undeaf 02-01-2007 10:43 AM

All metal bullets are confiscated and destroyed, from now on only only bullets made out of wood or weaker materials are legal, and the ever busy team of unscrupulous scientists manage to make your skin three times as hard.

The new cop out will be "you get your wish, but SSH dies".

I wish esso, time warner, microsoft and thermaltake collapsed.

Hammerite 02-01-2007 10:45 AM

all the companies collapse, but fall on SSH's head and he dies.

I wish I was less shy. :)

Squinky 02-01-2007 10:45 AM

^^ *bzoink!* Said companies collapse... under the rule of Starbucks.

^ *bzzit!* You become extremely obnoxious and everyone hates you.

I wish someone would give me a hug.

bulldog 02-01-2007 10:51 AM

Granted..... someone gave you a hug so hard that it made your eyes pop out

I wish for a new puppy

Squinky 02-01-2007 10:58 AM

*poof* Your new puppy pees all over your carpet.

I wish I had more time to play video games.

Hammerite 02-01-2007 11:00 AM

You have the time but only because everyone you know is killed in a horrible accident and you are fired from your job.

I wish I had a girlfriend.

bulldog 02-01-2007 11:01 AM

Granted..... You have a beautiful girlfriend that can't stop kissing you

I wish for a new car

undeaf 02-01-2007 11:06 AM

^^^^You receive a wolf puppy.

^^^The internet is taken down by terrorists.

^You receive a solar powered car.

I wish I could think up wishes better. I've noticed Wikipedia has no disambiguation page for other meanings of hug. It also has no page for shakespearean english. I wish it had a page on shakespearean english.

bulldog 02-01-2007 11:14 AM

Poof - you now have a page of Shakespearean English. You like it so much that you write a book that take 50 years to complete.

I wish more people liked me.

SoccerDude28 02-01-2007 11:22 AM

Poof - SO many people now like you that you have 10 male stalkers following you everywhere, and Paparazzi are taking pictures of you in pretty embarrassing scenarios.

I wish there was world peace

undeaf 02-01-2007 11:30 AM

An alien spaceship crashes into my backyard, enabling me to try to take over the world, and succeed. Fuel will be taxes extremely heavily, measures against hazardous waste and power consumption become far more stringent. Expect major changes to many other aspects of life.

I wish for a telescope on the moon.

Squinky 02-01-2007 12:56 PM

*poof* There's a telescope on the moon, but no one's allowed to use it.

I wish adventure games weren't dead.

stepurhan 02-01-2007 01:10 PM

OOOeeeOOOeee... Adventure games are suddenly thriving again. All the greats of the past start writing new games and LucasArts ditches its current output and returns to work of yesteryear. Unfortunately every country in the world simultaneously passes a law forbidding you (Squinky) to buy, borrow, download or play AGs on other people's computers on pain of death.

I wish I wasn't an insomniac.

Lee in Limbo 02-01-2007 01:29 PM

Presto! You are no longer an insomniac. Sadly, you soon give up wearing ugly shirts in favour of wearing pyjamas all day long.

I wish I could get focussed on my work more often than I do.