Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Choices ... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/18707-choices.html)

Jelena 06-22-2009 12:25 PM

Just an observation:
If making your dream come true by going on a vacation means you'll loose your significant other, then there's something wrong somewhere.

I'm just saying.

tsa 06-22-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 514088)
Yes, I saw you have written some books that have been published! Good for you, I didn't know that!! lol

Unfortunately it isn't like that. I publish them myself at Lulu, where you can order a book that is then specially printed for you. That costs me nothing and if I sell a lot I get a tiny amount of money from Lulu. Lulu has a cooperation with Amazon and therefore my books are now also on Amazon.

Squinky 06-22-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 514091)
If making your dream come true by going on a vacation means you'll loose your significant other, then there's something wrong somewhere.

Or something loose somewhere, rather. ;)

So, getting back to the point of the thread... traditional publishing or self-publishing?

tsa 06-22-2009 01:08 PM

Self-publishing. My stories would have been read by noone if I hadn't the opportunity to publish them myself.

Television or toilet?

Squinky 06-22-2009 01:49 PM

Well, I pretty much need a toilet. I don't even want to imagine how bad my apartment would smell if I didn't have one.

Sonnets or text messaging?

MikeLXXXVIII 06-22-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 514088)

Well, being a college student (which I love bringing up) means I'm extra broke, but ever since I was small and in elementary school (okay, maybe a little exaggeration), I've been saving up money to go to my dream place...England! Everyone knows how much I love England, and I've saved up $3,000 for when I go over there. I wantedto buy things over there, though, not spend it all on the travelling and rooming. But to travel England, to see Cornwall, etc, is my dream. :)

Hmm...I don't like fruit, but I'll have to pick the ice cream.

Go to your dream place (England for me), or not go, because your significant other is sad that you will be leaving for so long, and you don't want to loose him/her?

Woah college students exist! ;)!

Well thats good I had a feeling you were already saving up for England! thats great! (you live up to your name!). Not that students here don't have limited amount of money in their own way ,but the student loans and scholarships are fairly generous plus it costs circa 100 dollars to study one semester here. So you made a good point of course since I know its pretty expensive to study there. *The same to be said with the England or elsewhere but Scandinavia*

Hmm text messages! smileys are awesome! plus you can get incontact in an instant compared to a sonnet? :p

Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse?

Fantasysci5 06-22-2009 05:02 PM

Donald Duck. I've never liked main characters in anything. It's all about the supporting! Seriously, almost anything, I always love the supporting character, never the main. Hmm...

Staying inside away from the elements, or playing outside?

Trunkyo 06-22-2009 08:49 PM

Well it's summer, so I'd rather be outside working on my Chaco tan. ;)

Angel food cake or devil's food cake?

bulldog 06-23-2009 08:40 AM

devil's food cake

chocolate chip cookies OR macadamia nut cookies ?

Trunkyo 06-24-2009 11:42 AM

I'll pick macadamia nut cookies, haven't had too many of those. :9

Chaise longue or "chaise lounge"? (If you pick the wrong choice, I will personally :pan: you. :()

tsa 06-24-2009 11:51 AM

Chaise longue. But actually I'd rather have a chair or a couch.

In the train: audiobook or dead tree book?

Jelena 06-24-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 514337)
In the train: audiobook or dead tree book?

Dead tree book

Get up early or sleep in?

Trunkyo 06-26-2009 05:39 AM

Sleep in... but only on weekends! ;)

Now, which game should I play next: Overclocked, Culpa Innata, Dracula 3 or RHEM 3?

Squinky 06-26-2009 09:18 AM

You should play Chivalry is Not Dead next.

Starting or finishing?

Not A Speck Of Cereal 06-27-2009 07:25 PM

Starting. I'm still trying to finish RHEM 2. Okay, that's not true--I've given up... but I started, and that's something!

Summer or Winter?

bulldog 06-28-2009 03:53 AM

Winter

Book or Movie

Trunkyo 06-28-2009 05:44 AM

Book! (As my younger cousin used to say, reading is like watching movies in one's head. :D And if it's a choice between a book and the movie based on the book... I'd still choose the book!

Good Families Don't, or The Paper Bag Princess? ;)

Squinky 06-28-2009 10:47 AM

Paper Bag Princess, because I have more childhood nostalgia memories of it.

Old Deirdra Kiai Productions design or new Deirdra Kiai Productions design?

tsa 06-28-2009 10:09 PM

The new design! It looks much more professional and is easier on the eyes than the old one.

BTW Squinky, yesterday my random AG database pick was a very old adventure you made which is not on your website. Me being me, I immediately forgot the title, but according to the AG database you wrote it in 2001. Can you put that one on your website too?

When We Were Kids
, or The Little Girl Nobody Liked?

Squinky 07-07-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 514828)
BTW Squinky, yesterday my random AG database pick was a very old adventure you made which is not on your website. Me being me, I immediately forgot the title, but according to the AG database you wrote it in 2001. Can you put that one on your website too?

Thought I'd set the record straight: if you're thinking of the Pirate Fry games, those were not made by me, but by someone else who used the Squinky moniker on the AGS forums. (This is why I'm called The Inquisitive Stranger over there.) I can assure you that every finished game that I myself have written is up on my website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 514828)

I'm not entirely happy with Kids, mostly due to the limitations of the Lassie engine I used at the time, but I still like what I did, story-wise. I'm happy about Little Girl for what it is, particularly since I finished the whole thing in a couple of evenings one weekend. Definitely not one of my most ambitious projects. Still, I'm glad I managed to put in voiceovers and real guitar playing this time around.

:7 or :kiss:?