Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   New Indy Film = New Indy Adventure game? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/18296-new-indy-film-%3D-new-indy-adventure-game.html)

eriq 12-29-2006 11:44 PM

New Indy Film = New Indy Adventure game?

WOOOO! I can't WAIT!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16397418/

let's hope they make an adventure game!

Kolzig 12-30-2006 12:25 AM

It's good that they have the movie finally dated.
I can't wait to see it, even though every one is so old now. Only Sean Connery as Henry Jones Sr. would look exactly the same as before if he is in the movie. :)

I think they won't be making an adventure game as everyone propably already knows, but a fist fighting action adventure (personally not interested in that), now that seems much more likely.

CrimsonBlue 12-30-2006 02:31 AM

There's already an Indy game in the making, and the plot hasn't been revealed in that yet. It's still called Indiana Jones 2007. And if you think they're going to make another adventure game, you're in for a dissapointment. I guess you haven't played the Infernal Machine or the Emperor's Tomb. Only around 20% of the Indy games have been adventures.

Iv4n 12-30-2006 03:21 AM

I think Lucas shouldn't filming the next Indy and Ford isn't appropriate anymore for such character. They should find other actors, like they are doing in the James Bond series.

CrimsonBlue 12-30-2006 03:29 AM

An Indiana Jones film isn't complete without at least Indy (er, Harrison Ford). As for age and looks, that's what special effects are for. They can make very young person look very old, why not the other way around?

jacog 12-30-2006 03:29 AM

i read that Atlantis was to be the subject of the new film. we already have an adventure game, so let's be happy with that at least. the film won't have Nur Ab Sal though i am sure. different plot entirely.

Iv4n 12-30-2006 03:34 AM

CrimsonBlue when we are talking about Harrison Ford, would you be really happy to know that in the whole movie you are seeing a CGI character instead of a real actor? I wouldn't.

CrimsonBlue 12-30-2006 03:37 AM

Who said anything about CGI??

Iv4n 12-30-2006 03:42 AM

Well tell me how exactly will you make Harrison Ford to look younger without CGI effects?

Lucien21 12-30-2006 03:44 AM

They made Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellam younger with CGI in Xmen 3.

Looked Naff and vagely creepy.

CrimsonBlue 12-30-2006 03:52 AM

If could tell you how, I'd be in the movie industry myself. But I'm not. Can you tell me how to program a robot?

Orange Brat 12-30-2006 04:39 AM

They aren't going to make anybody look younger. It's going to take place in the late 1950s or 1960s, so Indy will be older. And, the article makes it sound like Lucas is directing it. He's not, Spielberg will be the one, and he's only mentioned in passing for whatever reason in the article.

It would be foolish and ridiculous to use another actor for adult Indy. It isn't the same as James Bond, and once Ford is too old or dead, there should never be another outside of the digital realm. That role and personality will forever be tied to him.

CrimsonBlue 12-30-2006 05:09 AM

Nobody knows anything about the movie yet, so we don't know for sure when the plot is taking place. There's been a couple of alternative scripts leaked, but these have been turned down. But yes, having the plot take place in the 50s and 60s would help with the aging thing. But then there would be no nazis, and personally, I think the Nazis are a big element for the Indy series. Infernal Machine just wasn't the same without them, and the lack of Nazis was also some of the reason why Temple of Doom was inferior to the other two films.

Jobabob 12-30-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacog (Post 377033)
the film won't have Nur Ab Sal though i am sure.

yes it will, george will insist on him as the jar jar binks hapless sidekick

Solid Snake 12-30-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriq (Post 377001)
let's hope they make an adventure game!

Not a chance in hell.

Giligan 12-30-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 377023)
There's already an Indy game in the making, and the plot hasn't been revealed in that yet. It's still called Indiana Jones 2007. And if you think they're going to make another adventure game, you're in for a dissapointment. I guess you haven't played the Infernal Machine or the Emperor's Tomb. Only around 20% of the Indy games have been adventures.

No, it's not an adventure game. If the screenshots are any indication, it will be much like Emperors Tomb, Action/Adventure. The plot is about some Biblical artifact.

There's several screenshots and a trailer on the Lucasarts site.

Hammerite 12-30-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobabob (Post 377081)
yes it will, george will insist on him as the jar jar binks hapless sidekick

no that will be sean connery in stupid ears, methinks.

lumi 12-30-2006 09:03 AM

I hope they don't go with the UFO idea I last heard about.

Kolzig 12-30-2006 10:11 AM

The UFO idea was Frank Darabont's script and that's not happening.

Iv4n 12-30-2006 10:18 AM

I hope for the UFOs being nazi idea though lol. Anyway, the childish phrase “I think it’s going to be really cool,” doesn't touch my heart at all :).