You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Star Trek TNG : last episode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #41
Citizen of Bizarro World

For another dark twist on Trek, check out the next animated series.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 12-15-2006, 02:17 AM   #42
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Wow! I can't wait. And Jeff Parker is involved? Wowee! For those who don't know, Jeff Parker wrote the first four fantastic issues of Marvel Adventures: The Avengers! as well as the marvelous mini-series Agents of ATLAS. Apparently he's on here as an artist, but any sort of involvement is cause for excitement. He's the sort of cartoonist whose work is just plain fun. He's also a bit retro in writing style (sort of a throwback to the glory days of Stan Lee), so it makes sense that he'd be working on this more retro interpretation of Trek.

But wait- what's this?
Quote:
Currently the project is in a holding pattern and may remain so until the release of Star Trek XI in 2008.
WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

By the way, that Mike Okuda supports the show should surprise no one. My impression is, he's willing to support or even work for anyone with a Star Trek project who bothers to ask. He did the art design for TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise (if I'm not greatly mistaken), the movies, and a Star Trek friggin' MMORPG. He's a real dedicated Trek guy, that one. It's just a shame he isn't actually working with them.

Getting back to the actual project, it seems to be made up of only the fun and cool bits of Star Trek. Doesn't look like this is going to have a lot of philosophical stories (their implied comparison with BSG notwithstanding). But fun and cool I can deal with. Seems to be inspired by the work done by Genndy Tartakovsky with cartoons, given the references to Star Wars Clone Wars. Personally, I love Clone Wars as well as Samurai Jack (I've seen all of both), so I can't complain. Obviously they intend for this to be a part of continuity, what with their references to the Vulcan-Romulan reunification, and since it's set so far in the future the Romulan conquest of the Klingons might just be payback for the future we saw in "All Good Things...". Or not. Anyway, it doesn't matter- the majority of Trekkies are not going to accept such a huge leap of time and events without seeing the time in between. Nonetheless, they (and I) will still probably enjoy it. I can't wait for 2008!