Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   I'm selling adventures on ebay (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/18117-im-selling-adventures-ebay.html)

Fien 12-12-2006 10:31 AM

I'm selling adventures on ebay

I've put a few older adventures on American ebay:

- GAG (reserve price)
- Blue Ice
- 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
- A.D. 2044 (reserve price)
- Reah on DVD (reserve price)
- Chewy: Escape from F5
- Backpacker: The Lost Florence Gold Mine (reserve price)
- Orion Burger (reserve price)
- The Gene Machine

On British ebay:

- Amber
- Duckman

On Dutch ebay:

- Moment of Silence
- Full Throttle
- The Dig

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfienepienQQhtZ-1

AFGNCAAP 12-12-2006 02:29 PM

Fienepien, I moved the thread to Chit Chat, where all the eBay topics land. :)

At risk of sounding totally stupid: what does "reserve price" mean?

Squinky 12-12-2006 03:20 PM

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer-reserve.html

Fien 12-12-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP (Post 372808)
Fienepien, I moved the thread to Chit Chat, where all the eBay topics land. :)

Well... where's the harm? People are just gonna read the thread. I don't think a topic about adventure games belongs in chitchat, and I've seen other people* post their ebay auctions in the adventure forum.

Quote:

At risk of sounding totally stupid: what does "reserve price" mean?
It's the minimum price sellers want for a specific game/object, to be determined by the seller before the auction starts. For a fee, of course. Ebay gets rich offering those nice little features to sellers. If my reserve price for a game is $100 and the highest bid is $85, I'm not obliged to sell the game to the highest bidder.

*jelly3 aka lightwand, for instance.

AFGNCAAP 12-12-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fienepien (Post 372832)
Well... where's the harm? People are just gonna read the thread. I don't think a topic about adventure games belongs in chitchat, and I've seen other people post their ebay auctions in the adventure forum.

Actually, we have been trying to consistently move all ebay threads to Chit Chat (the rationale being that they're not really about games, because they're not intended to generate discussion) for several months now. If you've seen any recent ones not moved, it must have been our oversight.

(For the record: I'm informing you - not criticising you for posting in Adventure.)
Quote:

It's the minimum price sellers want for a specific game/object, to be determined by the seller before the auction starts. For a fee, of course. Ebay gets rich offering those nice little features to sellers. If my reserve price for a game is $100 and the highest bid is $85, I'm not obliged to sell the game to the highest bidder.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 372823)

D'oh. Thanks. I didn't know that's what this feature is caled, but I should have figured it out anyway.

Fien 12-12-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP (Post 372850)
Actually, we have been trying to consistently move all ebay threads to Chit Chat (the rationale being that they're not really about games, because they're not intended to generate discussion) for several months now.

I see... :crazy:

Look, AFGNCAAP, I'm not stupid. My giveaways were not really about games either and they didn't generate any discussion.

Quote:

If you've seen any recent ones not moved, it must have been our oversight.
No, I have not.

Quote:

(For the record: I'm informing you - not criticising you for posting in Adventure.)
Hey, I'm just selling these fine adventures leather jackets. :D

AFGNCAAP 12-13-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fienepien (Post 372865)
Look, AFGNCAAP, I'm not stupid. My giveaways were not really about games either and they didn't generate any discussion.

Ah, but those were acts of benevolence, and this is advertising. ;)

Fien 12-14-2006 04:51 PM

That's what I said, isn't it... :P

Fien 12-16-2006 09:08 AM

Put up a few more for auction:

- Louis Cat Orze
- Private Eye: Philip Marlowe
- Mission Critical
- Grim Fandango

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfienepienQQhtZ-1

jelly3 12-19-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fienepien (Post 372832)
Well... where's the harm? People are just gonna read the thread. I don't think a topic about adventure games belongs in chitchat, and I've seen other people* post their ebay auctions in the adventure forum.

*jelly3 aka lightwand, for instance.

Ooh not since I was punished with a size 14 shoe I haven't.

jelly3 12-19-2006 03:29 PM

Question why didn't you just put them in the same one in the first place. In my experience on ebay, if someone really wants something they do not care in which currency it is in. (I know the price for having a reserve costs more on ebayUK than ebayUSA- but apart from that)??

Fien 12-27-2006 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly3 (Post 374861)
Question why didn't you just put them in the same one in the first place. In my experience on ebay, if someone really wants something they do not care in which currency it is in. (I know the price for having a reserve costs more on ebayUK than ebayUSA- but apart from that)??

The adventure market has collapsed, but some adventures still do much better on British ebay. For instance, I got $20 for my unboxed Amber. No way it would have fetched that on American ebay.

Erwin_Br 12-27-2006 05:33 PM

Rather off-topic, but some items are almost UK-only. I'm looking for Wing Commander 4, the rare enhanced DVD version, and I've only seen it occasionally pop up, but only on Ebay UK. And there's lots of rare adventure games on German Ebay that you wouldn't find on any of its sister sites.

--Erwin

Huz 12-27-2006 06:36 PM

Muahahaah! I have that version of WC4!

Sorry.

It does at least pop up on Ebay UK fairly regularly; or it did a couple of years ago.