You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 10:27 PM   #1041
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
1. What do you think of branching narratives?
2. Name something (or someone) you have a love-hate relationship with, and explain why.
3. Name someone (or something) you envy, and explain why.
1. The problem with most branching narratives, in my opinion, is that the story often isn't well written or interesting enough to make it worthwhile. In the case of a game, the story needs to be balanced with the interactivity, but the interactivity must also be of an interesting sort. I don't care for pointless actions or a futile set of choices. I suppose branching narratives are fine as a concept, but I've been underwhelmed by them in practice, in which case they seem gimmicky.
2. Probably my appearance...I feel like I'm not supposed to care too much what I look like, but I still do and can get quite depressed that I don't look like a Cosmo girl... while at the same time rising to the occasion to attempt to look like one- which I never will. Blegh.
3. I envy people who often feel calm and satisfied...there's always a tempest of some sort brewing in me. I often feel happy, sometimes not.. but rarely do I experience what I'd call peace.

1. Is it my imagination or are poetry slams filled with self obsessed mic hogs who don't know how mediocre they really are?
2. Does the fact that most poetry makes me intensely uncomfortable say anything about me?
3. Death penalty or life in prison?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #1042
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
1. Is it my imagination or are poetry slams filled with self obsessed mic hogs who don't know how mediocre they really are?
2. Does the fact that most poetry makes me intensely uncomfortable say anything about me?
3. Death penalty or life in prison?
1. It's not your imaginaton. I think they're all just like Manny in Grim Fandango.
2. Yes, it shows you're a leavel-headed person who keeps her feet firmly on the ground.
3. That's a hard one. I think you can only fairly give people the death penalty of whom it is absolutely and utterly clear that they are guilty and that they were fully aware of what they did. IMO this means the only people you can give the death penalty are dictators or 'warlords' like Saddam Hussain, Milosevic etc. But I admit that I will be debating this matter in my head for the rest of my life and I don't think I will ever reach a final conclusion.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #1043
The Major Grubert.

tsk, tsk--no questions to ask? I'll provide the answers to the questions unasked:
  1. Four foot two.
  2. Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
  3. I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
________
  1. Obama or Clinton?
  2. US Police issue citations for speeding. Shouldn't they also issue citations for not moving right except to pass?
  3. Shouldn't Taiwan just re-take China mainland back from the CPP? There must be an ancestor to the last Emperor somewhere...
Old 02-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #1044

1. Right now I'd go for Obama, but I know very little about either.
2. It's not that big of a deal.
3. Them and what army?

________

1. What's the best restaurant dish you've eaten?
2. What's the last movie you bought?
3. Do you like participating in debate?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM   #1045
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe View Post
Quote:
Shouldn't Taiwan just re-take China mainland back from the CPP? There must be an ancestor to the last Emperor somewhere...
3. Them and what army?
See, I have this great idea for a screenplay, where the descendents from the last empire have secretly building up resistence, including an army! Jet Li plays the young son, see, and .... okay, nevermind.
________

Quote:
1. What's the best restaurant dish you've eaten?
2. What's the last movie you bought?
3. Do you like participating in debate?
________
  1. Possibly the Moulard Duck Foie Gras Cuit en Cocotte at Thomas Keller's French Laundry, but it's so hard to chose from that tasting menu.
  2. I recently picked up a used copy of Grosse Point Blank.
  3. Yes.
________
  1. What is the finest restaurant you've eaten in?
  2. Is your sink currently empty of dishes to wash?
  3. Do you have a guilty pleasure that you would like to share?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 PM   #1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
  1. What is the finest restaurant you've eaten in?
  2. Is your sink currently empty of dishes to wash?
  3. Do you have a guilty pleasure that you would like to share?
1. I don't think I've ever gone to a place that required a suit, but I've gone to a few restaurants with fine dining. I think Tom Douglas's Dahlia Lounge is the best one so far. The salmon was one of the best things I've eaten.
2. I think there's a cup or two.
3. I'm into fashion. I always watch Project Runway to watch people make clothes.

1. Do you click to post before you remember to add your questions?
2. What music do you find most dance inducing?
3. Nihongo o hanashimasuka?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #1047
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe View Post
1. I don't think I've ever gone to a place that required a suit, but I've gone to a few restaurants with fine dining. I think Tom Douglas's Dahlia Lounge is the best one so far. The salmon was one of the best things I've eaten.
Ah, another Seattleitte! Of course, Douglas is a local icon, but he's eclipsed by Thierry's Rovers, Ethan's Union and a few others (I've had my life's fill of The Herb Farm, but it should be experienced once). Nells and Cafe Juanita come to mind as well.

Quote:
1. Do you click to post before you remember to add your questions?
2. What music do you find most dance inducing?
3. Nihongo o hanashimasuka?
________
  1. Not yet.
  2. I don't dance. Sad, isn't it?
  3. No savvy.
______
  1. What is your favorite color?
  2. Do you have a cat?
  3. What have you most recently procastinated upon?

Last edited by Not A Speck Of Cereal; 02-12-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot the questions!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #1048
Explode the Universe!

Quote:
. What is your favorite color?
2. Do you have a cat?
3. What have you most recently procastinated upon?
1. Bright, flaming, bold red.
2. eight cats actually
3.Um...actually I need to go scoop the litter box right now and I guess I'm putting it off...

1. Are you embarrassed to admit that you like certain songs? Which ones?
2. Have you ever been in the military?
3. Will you ever be in the military? Why or why not?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #1049
SSH
Super Scottish Hero

1. Wannabe by the Spice Girls. It has a good bassline, OK?
2. No
3. No... I'm pretty much a defensive pacifist, like the Swiss, and even if the UK was invaded, I'd help the country more as a computer engineer than as a soldier.

-----------

1. Which is YOUR favourite Spice Girls song?
2. Which is your favourite Weird Al song?
3. Which is your favourite Michael Jackson song?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #1050
Game Creator Hobbyist

1. I can only think of Wannabe at the moment, so that's it. No, now I remembered a couple more, but I still agree with you. It was probably their best song.
3. Beat It has a good baseline, but so has Billy Jean...
2. Sticking with the Michael Jackson theme, I'll go with Fat.

---

1. Best use of a Symphony Orchestra?
2. Favourite fast food chain?
3. What are your thoughts on medical TV-series?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #1051
Super Moderator

1. I may be getting this wrong, but I've always loved Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues.

2. Hmmm, for burgers I'm a tad partial to Wendys. For Mexican, it would have to be Del Taco (I often get real Mexican food at Taquieras but for fast food, it far surpasses Taco Bell).

3. Annoying. Far too angsty and doctors who make that many ethical mistakes would have been caught by now and either fired or gotten their licenses suspended. Far too much drama. I think real doctors and nurses are far too dedicated and busy caring for their patients to have time for that much drama in the hospital.

1. Poetry slams aside ( ), do you have a favorite poet that you enjoy reading to yourself?

2. Do you like pina coladas?

3. What is your favorite kind of bird (wild and/or pet)?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #1052
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. I read the lyrics booklet to Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, which I suppose, given the poetic nature of some of Billy Corgan's lyrics, counts.
2. I'm the only person my age who doesn't really drink alcohol.
3. The birds of prey that stay hovering in the same place for ages and then just swoop down to kill stuff.
_______

1. Favourite lyricist?
2. Have you ever been irrationally scared of something or someone?
3. Most out-of-place thing you've ever seen?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #1053
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammsie View Post
1. Favourite lyricist?
2. Have you ever been irrationally scared of something or someone?
3. Most out-of-place thing you've ever seen?
1. I don't play favourites, but there are some whose works I admire. Tanita Tikaram and Everything But The Girl come to mind.

2. No. Whatever fears I may have are quite grounded in reality. I've no time for imaginary fears.

3. Me in West Hollywood.

1. Do you keep updated on current world events?
2. How relaxed are you with regularly spending time alone in places like cafes, dining out by yourself, or at museums?
3. When was the last time you visited a museum?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #1054
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. Not particularly. I'm aware of the most major, publicised issues, but I don't read the news regularly. It's depressing.
2. Oh man, welcome to my life! Though these days, I wish I had more time to take myself out to dinner, movies, cafes, museums, etc., instead of being cooped up at home so often doing school-related stuff. Grr.
3. Last September or so, to the cartoon art museum in SF, if I recall correctly. (EDIT: No, wait, it was the Asian Art Museum, in October. The cartoon art museum was the last one I visited by myself.)

1. Do we make all our decisions based on principles?
2. What's your favourite chat/IM program?
3. Past experience indicates that the ticket office at the Rialto Theatre receives a mean rate of thirty calls per hour. Assuming that the number of calls have the poisson distribution, find the probability that during a ten-minute coffee break, no calls will be received.

Last edited by Squinky; 02-13-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 PM   #1055
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Do we make all our decisions based on principle?
3. Past experience indicates that the ticket office at the Rialto Theatre receives a mean rate of thirty calls per hour. Assuming that the number of calls have the poisson distribution, find the probability that during a ten-minute coffee break, no calls will be received.
1. I dunno about you, but sometimes I say 'fuck principles, I WANT something because it'll give me some pleasure'. I find that some people use principles as an excuse out of truly living.

2. Trillian. I practically never use it anymore.

3. Screw the nerdy math thing, what's playing at the Rialto is what I want to know.

1. La Tour or Zurbaran?
2. Fran Leibovitz or David Sedaris?
3. Gehry or Meier?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #1056
Explode the Universe!

Quote:
1. Do you keep updated on current world events?
2. How relaxed are you with regularly spending time alone in places like cafes, dining out by yourself, or at museums?
3. When was the last time you visited a museum?
1. Yeeee-es. It's the journalist in me...but I hesitate to say it. As I get older I find I'm less able to cope with what's going on...yesterday, I opened up IOL (South African news site) literally with my eyes all squinty...it was just some weird protective reaction where I was very afraid of the stuff I would see. Not sure what this says about me...
2. Very. I've always been a bit of a loner and I like going to movies and such alone. Dining out by myself is fine too. As long as I'm not expected to socialize it's fine. If, however, it's a party or something like that where I don't know anyone, I find it very hard to feel comfortable. Guess I'm not a mingler. I just hang about pretending not to be uncomfortable when I really just want to go home.
3. A few weeks probably....I brought a condolence card to a little art museum in the city. Their resident cat, Max had died. He was about 17 years old and had lived his whole life at the museum, greeting patrons and playing in the courtyard. I used to love to sit and look at all the colonial Dutch art with him on my lap. It's a great museum, but it won't be the same without Max.

1. Who the heck decided that canned ravioli would be a good idea?
2. Is Swedish massage actually practiced in Sweden or is it like "French" fries and France?
3. Did you get to see the McNaught comet? If not, do you feel a sense of loss to know that it's never coming back to earth and you missed it?
Old 02-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #1057
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Do we make all our decisions based on principles?
1. I think most people make their decisions based on what's best for them. Principles go out the door as soon as they have to compromise their own comfortable lifestyle.
2. Skype. I hate Microsoft and havent tried anything besides MSN and Skype.
3. During this ten-minute coffee break the phone is taken off the hook, so I don't need Poisson to figure out that this chance is 1.

+=======+=======+=======+

Last time I forgot to ask questions! So this time I must ask two times three questions. Chose which ones you answer.

1. When using your favourite chat/IM program, do you rather talk to each other or send typed messages?

2. Do you have friends in other countries who you meet regularly?

3. What about Samorost?

4. What would you do if you suddenly found yourself having as much money as Bill Gates has?

5. What kind of charity do you support? For instance people- animal- or environment-related organisations. Please elaborate.

6. Do you expect or have you gotten a Valentine's card today?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #1058
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
4. What would you do if you suddenly found yourself having as much money as Bill Gates has?

5. What kind of charity do you support? For instance people- animal- or environment-related organisations. Please elaborate.

6. Do you expect or have you gotten a Valentine's card today?
4. I'd do exactly the same as him. Invest much of it, spend much of it, save much of it, and donate everything else to worthwhile causes.

5. People - AIDS organization, most any charity devoted to educating impoverished children and adults, various cancer research, etc.
Animal - various organizations, EXCEPT PETA (they're a bunch of radical assholes).
Environmental - specific organizations focused on educating third world citizens on respecting nature, consulting developing third world governments on alternative solutions, etc., EXCEPT GREENPEACE (they're also a bunch of radical assholes).

6. No, but I'm not slitting my wrists, which are vital for helping pick up matinis. If I do get a Valentine it'll be sweet of the sender and I'll thank them.

1. La Tour or Zurbaran?
3. Gehry or Meier?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:46 AM   #1059
Explode the Universe!

Quote:
1. La Tour or Zurbaran?
3. Gehry or Meier?

1. Zurbaran...there's a dark quality I admire. I like Goya for the same reason.
2.Sedaris ...What can I say? I'm an NPR person.
3. Charles Rennie Macintosh; this is as modern a design style as I like.

2. Is Swedish massage actually practiced in Sweden or is it like "French" fries and France?
3. Did you get to see the McNaught comet? If not, do you feel a sense of loss to know that it's never coming back to earth and you missed it?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #1060
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
I'm an NPR person.
I adore you.

Quote:
1. I did when I was a kid. I loved the Chef Boy-r-dee brand.

2. I would imagine it to be practiced. Except they probably would call it a 'down home' massage or something. Which makes me wonder, do the French refer to French fries as 'frittes a la maison'?

3. No, my regrets. No, it doesn't matter to me if I never see it.

1. What is your perspective on Bank of America (California) starting a program that allows people without a Social Security number to have a credit card (checking account required), thereby opening up business for illegal immigrants (primarily those from Mexico and South America)?

2. Which colour is most flattering for you to wear?

3. Which colour is most flattering for your significant other to wear?

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 02-14-2007 at 12:57 AM.