You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #3501
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
1. What music do you love the most?
2. Who is or has been your mentor?
3. Where would you like to be right this minute?
1. I can't say I prefer a specific genre or an artist or group. I enjoy a wide variety of styles and artists. I guess my answer must be: I love beautiful music the most.
2. My first six months at the law court I had a law court secretary with 40 years of experience as mentor. She basically taught me the profession as she has done with all the secretaries at our law court.
Aside from professional mentor I find my father very much of a mentor for me. He has guided me with good advice through all the tough times in my life.
3. On the sunny beach in Flic en Flac, Mauritius.

---------
1. What do you usually day dream about?
2. When looking ahead half a year, what are your immediate plans for your life?
3. Does you day dreaming usually affect your life? How or why not?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #3502
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What is your all time favorite game and why?
2. Do you enjoy watching TV ?
3. What is your favorite show and why ?
1. It used to be World of Warcraft, believe it or not. These days, I'm on the wagon and waiting for a better game to come along.
2. No. I enjoy watching movies and good television series after they have become available for download on the internet.
3. Farscape, because it was the most expansive, risk-taking, sexy, manic-brained television show ever aired. Doctor Who is a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
1. What's your favorite style of music?
2. What do you prefer? A cold winter (with loads of snow) or a warmer/wet winter (with load of, I think the word is, "slush"?)
3. What smartphone would you choose if you had to: iPhone or HTC-something?
1. Progressive rock.
2. Actually, I find that the more snow you get, the warmer the winter air actually is. It's usually coldest on those crystal clear blue sky days with no cloud cover to keep the warmth in the air. Funny, eh?
3. I don't like mobile phones of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What should I change my avatar to? I'm getting a little tired of looking at Ralphie's bunny suit.
2. Are you into anime?
3. Why were there no Persians in the Prince of Persia movie? I mean, couldn't they at least have given Shohreh Aghdashloo a cameo or something?
1. Trevin.
2. Not any more.
3. Not enough Persian actors working in Hollywood, I suppose. Still, it is pretty stupid (and I'm afraid Shohreh's politics are probably getting her in hot water right now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. Tell me about the love of your life.
2. Tell me about your biggest fear.
3. Tell me something I don't know already about you.
1. She died in 1996.
2. I don't want to talk about my greatest fear today; It bothers me that much. My second greatest fear is drowning.
3. If there's anything left that I haven't told this forum, I'd like to know what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What do you do to impress someone ?
2. Do you think you are smart ?
3. Are you smarter then a 4th grader ?
1. I sing.
2. Yes, though I don't believe I'm nearly as smart as I need to be to do all of the things I really want to do in life.
3. I'm quite sure there are fourth graders who have a higher IQ than me. That said, I suspect very few of them know and understand as much as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Why does the princess use a slug for transportation?
2. Where did she find that guy who takes care of newly hatched unicorns?
3. And how did the midget get into that burrow of the golden pimplesnarf?
1. Perhaps she just likes the idea of leaving a slimy trail everywhere she goes?
2. Was it by the Tree of Lost Souls?
3. I suspect honey was used.

Quote:
1. What makes someone a hero to you?
2. What makes someone a villain to you?
3. What makes someone a love interest to you?
1. Intelligence, passion and integrity.
2. A refusal to consider anyone's needs but their own.
3. Paying a lot of attention to me and liking what I create. It's not very sexy, but it's the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
1. What music do you love the most?
2. Who is or has been your mentor?
3. Where would you like to be right this minute?
1. Ummm... I think I already answered this one.
2. I've never had a proper mentor. I've often wished I did, though.
3. In my own apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. What do you usually day dream about?
2. When looking ahead half a year, what are your immediate plans for your life?
3. Does you day dreaming usually affect your life? How or why not?
1. Getting It Right.
2. Edit at least one finished novel for submission and finish another.
3. My daydreaming, if it can be called that, often involves me trying to work out strategies for completing and selling my creative output, making enough money to pay off my debts, and buy a nice house where my wife can live out her days in peace. It is my sole remaining ambition, at this point.

1) Have you ever thought that the era you are in is exactly the era you need to be in, but you're not sure if you're the right person for the job of living in it?
2) Have you ever had a crush on a famous person who is now deceased, and wished you could go back and tell them how much you adore them?
3) If you could have any job in the world, are you sure you'd take it if offered to you?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #3503
Banned User

1)Yeap I have but I'm not more wrong of a person than any one else around me.
2)Not really...at least I'm not sure at the moment,there is a possibility. However I know that you are refering to Gary Moore for yourself.
3)Well if I could have ANY job in the world, I'd obviously choose the one that I like and I am trying in the real life to have. So yea of course I would take it.
-------------------------------------------------------
1) What would you do if you were at your house and someone broke in so as to rob you at night?
2)Were you the bully or the bullied one when you used to go to school?
3)Do you think that there is real friendship?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #3504
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
1) What would you do if you were at your house and someone broke in so as to rob you at night?
2)Were you the bully or the bullied one when you used to go to school?
3)Do you think that there is real friendship?
1. I hope I will remember that the one breaking in is often more scared than me so I will shout hard and hit him/her with my electric fly squatter to get it out of the house.
2. None of those.
3. I have a few real friends who stand by me even in my hardest times, so yes.

----

Interesting questions Nafsika.

1. What do you think about harsh interrogation methods?
2. What do you think about sending prisoners of war to friends whilst knowing these prisoners will be tortured?
3. Should Bush be tried for his crimes against humanity?
Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #3505
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

ARGH EVERYONE KEEPS ANSWERING QUESTIONS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) Have you ever thought that the era you are in is exactly the era you need to be in, but you're not sure if you're the right person for the job of living in it?
2) Have you ever had a crush on a famous person who is now deceased, and wished you could go back and tell them how much you adore them?
3) If you could have any job in the world, are you sure you'd take it if offered to you?
1. I get impostor syndrome all the time, yes.
2. You're cute when you get your crushes.
3. Syntactically speaking, "it" could be anything, in which case, of course I'd have to spend a few days thinking it through.

Quote:
2) Were you the bully or the bullied one when you used to go to school?
3) Do you think that there is real friendship?
1. That would involve some pretty impressive Spiderman-esque wall climbing. After I got over the freaking out part, I'd make them some tea and try to convince them to tell me their secrets.
2. More likely to be bullied.
3. I would hope so.

Quote:
1. What do you think about harsh interrogation methods?
2. What do you think about sending prisoners of war to friends whilst knowing these prisoners will be tortured?
3. Should Bush be tried for his crimes against humanity?
1. DO NOT WANT.
2. Like, tortured while they're with their friends? That's... kinda disturbing.
3. Who? I'm pretty sure I've blocked that guy out of my brain for a while now.

---

1. Am I bothering you?
2. How do I keep myself from feeling sad when I see cutesy people in love?
3. Have you ever worn a corset? If not, would you?

Last edited by Squinky; 02-08-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Made a typo in question 2. Luckily, tsa understood my intended meaning.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #3506
tsa
Playing character

That man you don't have in your brain anymore, Squinks, had friends of his torture people for him because torturing was not allowed in America at the time, and these friends lived in other countries.

Quote:
1. Am I bothering you?
2. How do I keep myself from not feeling sad when I see cutesy people in love?
3. Have you ever worn a corset? If not, would you?
1. Hardly ever.
2. That is a very hard question to answer. I know the feeling. It hurts big time. I always try to look away
3. No, and since I already have a chronic lack of oxygen I wouldn't like to try one.

---

1. My bunny Annabel looks a bit like a panda bear in the sense that she is also black and white and has those black spots around her eyes. Why do I love Annabel while I hate panda bears with a passion?
2. When was the last time you thought rationally?
3. When was the last time you spoke your mind to someone and told that person what you thought about him/her?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #3507
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Quote:
---

1. My bunny Annabel looks a bit like a panda bear in the sense that she is also black and white and has those black spots around her eyes. Why do I love Annabel while I hate panda bears with a passion?
2. When was the last time you thought rationally?
3. When was the last time you spoke your mind to someone and told that person what you thought about him/her?
1. Beacuse Annabel is a bunny and a panda is a panda.

2. I almost always think rationally. Probably becasue I'm an atheist, so I don't belive in god or faith.

3. Yesterday.

-----------------

1. A male barber shaves all and only those men who do not shave themselves. Does he shave himself?

2. Why is the night sky black if there is an infinity of stars?

3. Should one tolerate intolerance; if intolerance would destroy the possibility of tolerance?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #3508
Banned User

1)Ask him
2)Seriously no offense but that's STUPID. Big time stupid.But anyway...my fellow forumist we belong into a solar system and that's why we have day and night - day happens when the part of earth that you live in faces the sun while earth circles around herself, night is the absence of light which occurs when the part that you live in does not face the sun.So you ask why is it that at nigh the sky is black when there is an infinity of stars...well do you know what stars are? Stars are exploding suns which are veeeeeeeeery far away from earth ,so far away that maybe they don't even exist now but we can still see them because even the speed of light is not fast enough to reach that far out in space to our planet. So you can understand now that what you said is completely stupid since there is NO way their beams of light can reach our planet so as to lit up the sky...also if that were to happen we would become fried chickens -.-.
3)Yes .
--------------------------------------------
1)In the country that you live in ,do you think that education is a big problem of your country?
2)In a future world where everything could be possible and you could choose to have one of these possibilities in the present...what possibility would you choose?
3)Can you read upside down?

Last edited by Nafsika; 02-09-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #3509
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Quote:
2)Seriously no offense but that's STUPID. Big time stupid.But anyway...my fellow forumist we belong into a solar system and that's why we have day and night - day happens when the part of earth that you live in faces the sun while earth circles around herself, night is the absence of light which occurs when the part that you live in does not face the sun.So you ask why is it that at nigh the sky is black when there is an infinity of stars...well do you know what stars are? Stars are exploding suns which are veeeeeeeeery far away from earth ,so far away that maybe they don't even exist now but we can still see them because even the speed of light is not fast enough to reach that far out in space to our planet. So you can understand now that what you said is completely stupid since there is NO way their beams of light can reach our planet so as to lit up the sky...also if that were to happen we would become fried chickens -.-.
Er.. Alrighty. This was the answer I was looking for:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers'_paradox

" The paradox states that at any angle from the Earth the sight line will end at the surface of a star, so the night sky should be completely white. This contradicts the darkness of the night sky and leads many to wonder why we do not see only light from stars in the night sky"
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #3510
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
1) In the country that you live in, do you think that education is a big problem of your country?
2) In a future world where everything could be possible and you could choose to have one of these possibilities in the present...what possibility would you choose?
3) Can you read upside down?
1. It's not as bad as other places. That said, everyone could use better education.
2. Overwhelmed with so many choices, I'd spend so much time trying to pick just one that after awhile, I'd give up and leave things the way they are.
3. ¿noʎ uɐɔ 'ʍouʞ ʇ,uop ı

---

1. You have to write something of a certain word count. Generally speaking, do you tend to go over or under?
2. What's something you tolerate, but don't accept?
3. What makes you feel better in the morning: a good breakfast, or an extra hour of sleep?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #3511
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
Er.. Alrighty. This was the answer I was looking for:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olbers'_paradox

" The paradox states that at any angle from the Earth the sight line will end at the surface of a star, so the night sky should be completely white. This contradicts the darkness of the night sky and leads many to wonder why we do not see only light from stars in the night sky"
This sucks you've got to realise that..
Sorry continue with the game
Old 02-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #3512
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
1. You have to write something of a certain word count. Generally speaking, do you tend to go over or under?
3. What makes you feel better in the morning: a good breakfast, or an extra hour of sleep?
  1. I generally go over. It's usually easier to overshoot and then trim bits out than finish something and find you have to add stuff in.
  2. Smoking on narrow pavements. I have no desire to breath cigarettee smoke (for various reasons, some medical) but it's legal and you can get enough grief from asking smokers to stop at places it is illegal to smoke (such as in bus stops)
  3. A good breakfast. Once I'm awake I generally can't get back to sleep so an extra hour isn't an option.
__________________________________________________ _______________
  1. You can give everyone in the world an instruction that they have to obey. You have 10 words or less. What instruction do you give?
  2. What person/cause would you be willing to sacrifice your life for (if any)?
  3. What is your favourite dessert? (Let's finish on a lighter note )
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #3513
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
I'm sorry, I just really want to put my two cents in.

1. Usually since it's a paper, I write just enough to be near the page count they want, but I write under the word count. Sometimes if I really like the subject, like a fan fiction, I might go over, but usually under, and usually I write more descriptions (in fan fictions) than dialogue.

2. I tolerate what Louie eats, although I refuse to kiss him after some really yucky stuff.

3. I don't much like eating, really, and I always feel so tired, so for me it would be an extra hour of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
You can give everyone in the world an instruction that they have to obey. You have 10 words or less. What instruction do you give?
What person/cause would you be willing to sacrifice your life for (if any)?
What is your favourite dessert? (Let's finish on a lighter note )
1. You must not judge people because of their sexual preferences.

2. I feel very loyal and self-scarificing, so I would give my life to save almost anyone in trouble, especially if I knew them. I would definitely save Louie. I don't know if there is a cause I would die for, besides England.

3. Hmm...probably a chocolate shake. Combines two of my three favorites (milk and chocolate, just not bread).

-----------------

1. Do you prefer to watch/read friendships or relationships?
2. If you could get rid of one prejudice view in the world, what would it be? (Race, Age, Gender, Sexual preference, etc?)
3. Do you like me? (That's right, I asked it. lol) And to go along with that, what do you like about me, or dislike if you don't like me...lol
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #3514
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
2. If you could get rid of one prejudice view in the world, what would it be? (Race, Age, Gender, Sexual preference, etc?)
3. Do you like me? (That's right, I asked it. lol) And to go along with that, what do you like about me, or dislike if you don't like me...lol
1- I like to watch it unfold............. and I like to have popcorn to go with the fall out
2- Race- that being said, I think a person is a person the color of someones skin does not make them anything. The person makes themselves.
3- well sure - I like that you are so open. I dont like to open up very easy to others b/c I have been burned to may times.

I like Fantasys questions-

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 02-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #3515
Unreliable Narrator

1. I'm interested in the entire grey area that encompasses human interaction.
2. Choosing just one is unethical to me. If you want to truly get rid of a certain prejudice, you must also get rid of the underlying assumptions about humanity that fuel all prejudices. Otherwise, it all just goes "underground".
3. "Like" is such a vague concept. I don't particularly dislike either of you, but I also don't feel that we're particularly close, either. I'm sure you feel the same way about me. As for reasons why I like you, I'll be specific: Bulldog - you're pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone, and I really admire that, especially in a woman. Fants - you're really friendly and seem to genuinely enjoy taking care of everyone, and I envy that in a way, because I can't do that instinctively.

---

1. How many keys are on your keychain, and what are they for?
2. What was the best (or least annoying, depending) pop song of the last decade?
3. Have you ever eaten at a restaurant alone?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #3516
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
1.I'll be specific: Bulldog - you're pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone, and I really admire that, especially in a woman.
thanks Squinky, that means alot to me. I'll have to add that to my tag line One thing that I like about you, is how eloquently you present yourself. That is something I wish that I could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky
1. How many keys are on your keychain, and what are they for?
2. What was the best (or least annoying, depending) pop song of the last decade?
3. Have you ever eaten at a restaurant alone?

1- 3 ( My car, my house and my mothers house)
2- hhhhmmmmmm not really sure, I dont get to list to music a whole lot. I could tell you the most annoying childrens song ( anything sung by Barney)
3- yes, and I was really pissed off once the friend didnt show up and the evening was a bust.

1. Have you ever done something that you regretted just as soon as you did it ?
2. Do you enjoy Science ? Why ?
3. Do you think monkyes are cute ?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #3517
tsa
Playing character

1. When I was a kid I often did things I regretted even before doing them anyway.
2. Yes, a LOT! I think it has to do with the fact that science is all about logic, and I love to know how things work and how you can make things.
3. NO! They're no bloody panda bears though. You are cute Bullsie.

----+-

1. Why did the chicken cross the road?
2. When is a bus not a bus?
3. If a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody around to listen, does it make a sound?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #3518
Unreliable Narrator

1. Because it wanted an excuse to say chicken road sine theta.
2. When you're doing a proof by contradiction.
3. That depends on whether the tree believes that someone might be listening.

---

1. Tell me something that is a complete lie.
2. Tell me something that is a partial lie.
3. Tell me something that is completely true.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #3519
Freeware Co-ordinator

An interesting set of questions, and tricky to answer. For example, my staff bio includes
He has two poems published internationally.
Is that completely true? (I have had two poems appear in print publications that ship round the world) or only partially true (it omits the fact that the print publications are the Christmas annual and one of the newsletters of the Friends of the Chalet School, thus only available to members and with a highly specialised audience). Does the possibility that persons reading the sentence might naturally assume something bigger render it not wholly truthful?
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 02-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #3520
Lazy Bee

Quote:
1. Tell me something that is a complete lie.
2. Tell me something that is a partial lie.
3. Tell me something that is completely true.
1. I'm hungry.
2. I'm an early bird.
3. I'm sitting in front of my computer.
----------------
1. What are your thoughts about donating your organs (from your body, just saying...) for transplantation after you've died?
2. Are you a blood donor? Why/why not?
3. Why doesn't this winter end?