You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #3301
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What, for you, makes the difference between loving someone and merely liking them?
2. Do you ever find yourself threatened by people you perceive as more popular/conventionally beautiful/socially accepted than you are, even if they've never done anything to hurt you personally?
3. Are there any works of fiction that you love, but have no problem admitting are flawed in some way?
1. A certain level of obsessive fascination that I don't really get with people I like or even have lustful feelings for. When every little thing they do is magic to me, I have to concede that I've fallen for them, warts and all.
2. A little, yeah. I've also still got baggage from my school years, where certain people that actually did hurt me or piss me off are still on my crap list.
3. Yeah, the works of Tom Robbins and of Richard Back are sentimental faves, but aren't for everyone, and I would have a hard time defending them now. I also think that the Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy is brilliant, but it's a pretty weird piece of work that sort of plays to the proto-hipster crowd. It's a bit smug and self-important, but fun.

I usually hate doing this, but I'm going to pass Deirdra's questions on to the next contestant. I'm going back to bed. It's too hot out here, and it's too early to turn on the AC, which is making me drowsy.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:52 AM   #3302
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
1. What, for you, makes the difference between loving someone and merely liking them?
2. Do you ever find yourself threatened by people you perceive as more popular/conventionally beautiful/socially accepted than you are, even if they've never done anything to hurt you personally?
3. Are there any works of fiction that you love, but have no problem admitting are flawed in some way?
  1. Ask me again once I've loved someone. At this point, it would just be a guess.
  2. Absolutely. All the time. Except for the conventionally-beautiful part, that seems overrated.
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is my favorite game, and I will gleefully point out all the ways in which it's flawed. Not everyone would consider it a "work of fiction", though. So maybe a better example would be science-fiction TV shows. The current Doctor Who might be the only sci-fi show I've ever seen that doesn't have huge flaws. Babylon 5 has terrible acting, Battlestar Galactica has a terrible plot, Star Trek: Voyager has lots of dull characters, Lost never had a plan, but I love all these shows. I'd recommend them to anyone, but with disclaimers. Ooh, and I also love the original Flash Gordon serials, and that's 100% flaws.

================================================== ===

1. Name a great story with uninteresting characters.
  2. Name a great story with an uninteresting plot.
  3. Name a great story with what seems like a bad premise.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #3303
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
When every little thing they do is magic to me, I have to concede that I've fallen for them, warts and all.
Actually, some of it really is magic, but don't tell anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. Name a great story with uninteresting characters.
  2. Name a great story with an uninteresting plot.
  3. Name a great story with what seems like a bad premise.
1. Understanding Comics.
2. Before Sunrise and Before Sunset.
3. Shade: A one-room game set in your apartment.

---

1. If AG vanished forever, which forum members would you make an effort to stay in touch with?
2. What's the oldest record of yourself you can find on the internet?
3. Name something that squicks you out to the point that people think you're oversensitive about it.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #3304
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Actually, some of it really is magic, but don't tell anyone!
Heh. Figures.
Quote:
1. If AG vanished forever, which forum members would you make an effort to stay in touch with?
2. What's the oldest record of yourself you can find on the internet?
3. Name something that squicks you out to the point that people think you're oversensitive about it.
1. You, Paul, Trep, Jelena, all the kids who added me on Facebook, and Jack if he ever forgives me.
2. http://web.archive.org/web/200111220...imbo/Main.html
3. Flying insects. Also donating blood or giving blood samples.

1) What's the first thing you remember ever posting to or commenting about on the internet?
2) Who is (was?) your oldest internet friend?
3) How many of your internet friends have you met in real life?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #3305
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
You were as cute as ever back then. Makes me wish I'd been older than 15 at the time...

Quote:
1) What's the first thing you remember ever posting to or commenting about on the internet?
1. Something or other on the old LucasFans forums. (Before then, I made a terrible website that nevertheless included a spiffy claymation video I made that's sadly lost in time, but that doesn't really count as posting/commenting in quite the same way.)
2. Oldest I can remember is some kid named Ronnie I met on Microsoft Comic Chat. Oldest I still stay in touch with include Rikard, Erwin, Max (WorldMaker), and Eric (ComradeNarf), all of whom I met on the SCRAMM forums. I still have HOLY CRAP THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO moments.
3. Let's see. There was you (of course), Nick and Leslie from the Cauldron, Leopold who wrote Game Quest, the aforementioned Max, Corvus and Rachel, and a whole lot of others simply by dint of us going to the same conventions. I'd estimate the final number to be somewhere between 10-25, depending on how one defines "friend".

---

I hate myself for doing this too, but I'm passing the questions on, out of curiosity.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #3306
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
  1. I made a web site for my family when I was in fifth grade. That would have been 1998, I guess. It probably wasn't the first time I'd put things on the internet, but it's the earliest I can remember. It had lots of "Under Construction" and "Stuff will be here soon" pages, plus flashy Javascript effects and (going completely overboard) DHTML which made the text fly around the screen when you start it. There was absolutely no point to this site. Sadly, it doesn't seem to still be on the internet.
  2. I'm not sure I've ever had any "internet friends" other than Squinky. I've always preferred the self-indulgent, anything-goes aspect of the internet to the oversized-neighborhood way of seeing it. So for instance, my blog has gotten crazier and crazier over the years, but there's less and less room in it for commenting. That's just how I am- Facebook and similar purely-social sites intimidate me. So when I do interact with people on the internet, I'm not looking to make friends so much as I'm looking to argue. And whenever the argument is over, my... wait, you know what, there's one other guy who's sort of a friend, but not really. I just sent a few private messages to him on another forum, and we followed each other's blogs after that. I don't know, is that a "friend"? Or a "mutual reader" or something like that? He stopped writing his blog, so I don't know what he's doing now. So if you count him he's the first. If not, then Deirdra.
  3. Okay, so if I count all my internet friends, there are three. I don't think there was ever a fourth. The third one is more like a real friend- it's the guy in Canada who does the art for my games, who I met through my blog. So, not a tremendous number of friends from the 15 years I've been using the internet regularly. So it's understandable that I've never met any of them in person. Two live in Canada (on opposite sides, from what I understand), and one wanders around Europe. I've often wondered what it would be like to actually meet the people I argue with on the internet, but it's never happened.

===============================================

1. Do you enjoy arguing?
  2. How much of your internet activity would you classify as "social"?
  3. Let's say you had no internet access at all for a month. How would this bother you?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #3307
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Not particularly, I'm kind of bad at it generally -- but I would be willing to do it in the right circumstances.

2. Somewhere around half of it -- I use Facebook to talk with friends and, of course, forums and things... but there's also the side that uses it to look up music, games, and news stuff.

3. It wouldn't bother me that much, unless I was awaiting an important email or something like that. I had no internet for a month at the start of the year, which was a blessing as it was an excuse to get to know the people I'd just started living with.
__

1. How do you imagine people's "forum persona" would differ from how they are outside of it?

2. Is your's any different?

3. Are there any forum members who you would be interested to meet off of the forum, out of related curiosity?
Old 08-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #3308
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. How do you imagine people's "forum persona" would differ from how they are outside of it?

3. Are there any forum members who you would be interested to meet off of the forum, out of related curiosity?

1. I think I'm pretty much the same in person as I am on line....... I try to be very honset and up front with people.

2. Not really.

3. I would like to meet serveral people. I'm affraid if I try to name everyone then I might forget someone........ But I would like to meet several people

I like Hams questions I'll pass those along

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #3309
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
  1. Do you enjoy arguing?
  3. Let's say you had no internet access at all for a month. How would this bother you?
1. Not really. Some would say I do it a lot, and that I'm pretty good at it, but it often feels like a lot of work. I think it's just my desire to speak out honestly about what makes sense to me, which isn't really something I do for sport so much as for greater understanding.
2. All of it. Even if it seems like I'm "passively" consuming media, there's always a person or a group of people it came from, so there is, by definition, a social exchange.
3. Well, since wireless internet is so ubiquitous in most urban areas, and since you didn't specify any kind of major disaster that would cause all the internets (hee hee) in a city to shut down, this would presuppose that I'm spending the month somewhere a tad more remote. That would mean some kind of vacation, because I'd pretty much be unable to work without some internet access, which wouldn't bother me if I was prepared and had my financial needs otherwise taken care of... and wasn't in the middle of a rather major game project like I am now. Really, I'd be bothered by the fact that I couldn't communicate on a regular basis with certain loved ones, but I'd like to hope I had something (or someone) interesting to occupy myself with in the meantime, so it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote:
2. Is yours any different?
1. I imagine most internet people being more awkward and withdrawn than their writing appears to suggest. Usually, I'm proven correct.
2. Not at all. Unless we know each other well and are in a comfortable situation, that is. Then, I'll happily talk your ear off.
3. I'd really like to see Lee in person again, because it's been way too long. Robert and Mory would be fun to hang out with as well. And if there was some kind of AG meetup happening somewhere within convenient travel distance from me, I'd go for poops and giggles.

---

1. About how many times in your life have you ridden on a plane?
2. Do you ever imagine people speaking their typos in real life?
3. Do you enjoy playing with bubble wrap?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #3310
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. I tried looking this up for myself as well, and found I couldn't go back to the start. However, one of the earliest blog entries I can remember quite well was when I posted a short eulogy for George Harrison. I wish I still had that somewhere, so I could see if I wrote a proper eulogy or if I just mentioned his passing in passing. That definitely wasn't the first thing I blogged, but my ancient Geocities website was pretty much the first blog I ever started. Other than that, my first appearance on the world wide web was in late 1998 at www.ComcBookResources.com, where I asked someone to give me a capsule update of what the X-Men had been doing since I'd stopped reading in the early 90s. They were really nice and helped me out tremendously, so I stayed for a few years to help direct traffic, even though I slowly drifted away from comics again.
2. My oldest internet friend is Drew Anderson, whom I still maintain contact with, thanks to Facebook. I've lost several other old CBR friends along the way, including my first and second internet romances, but Drew was the best of the best for me, so I was quite happy to get him back. I also still have Tina and Jaye, who are both very sweet, so that's good.
3. Well, I hadn't met many until I got involved with my wife, who dragged em to NYC to meet several of my Livejournal friends. Previous to that, I'd really only met my ex-fiancee and her best friend, whom I knew from CBR. I still haven't met Drew or most of the CBR gang. And of course you guys all know I've met Deirdra in person, which was fantastic. If you ever get the chance to meet her, do so. She's awesome.

Quote:
  1. Do you enjoy arguing?
1. No. Hate it, in fact.
2. Pretty much all of it, save for the research parts, which I don't really consider as social as Deirdra does (though she's correct).
3. Yes, but I'd probably bury myself in work until it was over... unless I too was on that vacation in the woods.

Quote:
1. Some internet people really are social and gregarious in real life, I've found, but most of them tend to be fairly reserved, until you get to know them better.
2. Not too much. I can be pretty boisterous in real life if you get me on the right topic. However, I need to warm up around people, too, and I definitely don't talk as much when my wife is in the room. I usually let her lead the parade in real life.
3. I'd love to meet a great number of you, actually. It's almost a shame you all live so far away from me (except Jack, whom I still haven't met). And yeah, more Deirdra Time would be nice.

Quote:
3. Really, I'd be bothered by the fact that I couldn't communicate on a regular basis with certain loved ones, but I'd like to hope I had something (or someone) interesting to occupy myself with in the meantime, so it wouldn't be so bad.
Awwwww...
Quote:
3. I'd really like to see Lee in person again, because it's been way too long.
It has.
Quote:
1. About how many times in your life have you ridden on a plane?
2. Do you ever imagine people speaking their typos in real life?
3. Do you enjoy playing with bubble wrap?
1. Three times. Twice to Minnesota and once to NYC. The second time I went to NYC, I went by moving van.
2. Occasionally, if I'm talking to someone who is given to deliberate typo speak. I sometimes say things like 'Teh' for effect, as in 'Squinky is Teh Hawtniss'. You know, stuff like that.
3. Oddly enough, I do, sometimes. However, there is a standing rule in Limbo that all bubble wrap belongs to Vlad.

1) What's the most difficult-to-find music album you own or have a digital copy of?
2) What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life?
3) What are you going to be doing around, say, six o'clock tonight? Wanna meet me at Gage Park? Flock of Seagulls is playing. Wanna come?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #3311
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. I think We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed by Los Campesinos! was a limited edition, which I have a physical copy of; in terms of digital, I downloaded some songs by late 80s New Zealand indie band Marie and the Atom from an mp3 blog... though available on this blog, physical copies are out-of-print I'd imagine.

2. A lot of the comedians I like are quite an influence on my life, namely Stewart Lee and Richard Herring -- as they just seem similar to myself in a way. And a lot of the music I like also has an influence as I myself make some music...

3. At six-o-clock I was eating dinner and watching Mitchell and Webb on the TV. The company would have been nice, though.
__

1. Do you react to feelings of loneliness in odd ways? I, for example, occasionally feel slightly ill and worry and dwell on it a bit.

2. What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life? (I liked this 'un)

3. If you were within a realistic distance, how interested would you be to meet the Hammerman in person?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #3312
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
1) What's the most difficult-to-find music album you own or have a digital copy of?
2) What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life?
3) What are you going to be doing around, say, six o'clock tonight? Wanna meet me at Gage Park? Flock of Seagulls is playing. Wanna come?
1. Various Balkan brass mix CDs from bandmates that contain tracks you can't get outside eastern Europe. Still haven't gotten around to ripping most of them to my computer, because I don't know all the names/artists of the songs and it totally messes with my systems for organisation. And I'm lazy.
2. Well, you're all three (and so am I, sort of), and you're a huge influence on my life. The musicians in my band have also affected my life to a great degree. As for people I haven't met yet... Emily Short?
3. Even if I had $600 lying around for a plane ticket, I'd be late for the show due to time differences. Damn. Seriously, I was thinking about going to a party tonight, but the weather's so crappy, I don't feel like riding my bike all the way to East Van until I get some better rain gear. Maybe if I feel like braving public transit and walking...

Quote:
1. Do you react to feelings of loneliness in odd ways? I, for example, occasionally feel slightly ill and worry and dwell on it a bit.
2. What artist, musician or writer do you consider to be an influence on your life? (I liked this 'un)
3. If you were within a realistic distance, how interested would you be to meet the Hammerman in person?
1. Hmm. What does "odd" consist of? Ignoring said feelings? Burying myself into creative projects? Going for long bike rides? Avoiding other people, because in most situations, their company makes me lonelier? Sending long, angst-ridden e-mails to Lee? Snogging some guy I don't even like all that much whilst on vacation, just because the opportunity presented itself? You decide.
2. Already answered that.
3. Sure, it would be fun. He'd probably think I was a complete dork with bad taste in music, though. (See, I'm not the only one with terrible self-esteem!)

---

1. Say you were casting voices for characters from a region you don't have first hand experiences with. If the choice was between regional accuracy and good acting, which would you choose?
2. What's a good way to appear less intimidating to people without turning into a complete doormat?
3. What's one of your favourite examples of musical humour?

Last edited by Squinky; 08-08-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Bad typo, bad!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #3313
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
3. Sure, it would be fun. He'd probably think I was a complete dork with bad taste in music, though. (See, I'm not the only one with terrible self-esteem!)
If you took the Hammerman to be me, then I definitely definitely definitely definitely wouldn't. Partly because the idea of you having music that isn't available outside of Eastern Europe makes me go "coooooool".

1. Probably good acting, because presumably regional accuracy could be easily taught to someone with those sorts of skills.

2. Occasionally mock them. It's hard to word this without sounding like I'm advocating cruelty -- but me and my friends always tend to have inside jokes regarding each other (which sometimes look meaninglessly crude to outsiders), that are bordering on the surreal. I've found it brought us closer.

3. Flight of the Conchords, probably. The song 'Carol Brown' is one of my favourites (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cGoDns8wTA) -- the sense of melancholy in the lyrics and music sort of set it apart from most 'comedy songs' (that I'm generally less keen on), I feel.
Also, this by them made me laugh a lot the first time I saw it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlCoBra6PfU
It's also worth mentioning that 4'33 by John Cage is, I think, clearly an example of humour -- though that's open to debate.

Oh yeah, I'll pass these on, due to tiredness, having very recently done the questioning, and the fact that I'm a total dick.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #3314
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
1. Compression, by Mike Rutherford, with Anthony Phillips playing awesome keys.
2. Alan Moore, Peter Gabriel, and Jackson Pollock.
3. Well, I was there. Where were you, dude?

Quote:
1. I get anxious and manic and nutsy when I'm feeling lonely. It does tend to manifest itself physically, but then, lots of stuff does with me.
3. That would be cool. No idea what or where we'd be going, but meeting up would be cool, if I could get over there.

Quote:
1. Say you were casting voices for characters from a region you don't have first hand experiences with. If the choice was between regional accuracy and good acting, which would you choose?
2. What's a good way to appear less intimidating to people without turning into a complete doormat?
1. I'd probably settle for regional accuracy, though I wouldn't be happy with it if I learned that the intonations were disastrously off.
2. Be bold but fun, even as you practice unflinching honesty. And apologize a lot.
3. Frank Zappa - Wind Up Working In A Gas Station

1) You've made a horrible mistake! You've been working on a novel for about seven years, and only in the last few days has it occurred to you that it's going to be WAY too long to publish as one book. Do you:
a) edit it mercilessly until you get one rather long but doable novel out of it?
b) pick a spot somewhere in the middle, break it in half, and edit the two halves until they feel like natural twins that the publisher will be driven to publish?
c) break it into three very manageable parts and try to sell it as a trilogy, knowing full well that most first time authors can't sell trilogies to established publishers?
d) split up the three interlocking plots and try to create the illusion that they are three separate books in a series, when in fact they are still the same huge book seen from three different angles?
e) scrap the whole thing and go back to writing sci-fi?
2) You run into an old schoolmate who hears you make music, and wants to jam with you. Problem is, you haven't been playing much, and you know you sort of suck. Do you:
a) practice like mad from now until the date you set?
b) take along your songbook and play him things he won't know how to play?
c) call him on the day and tell him you've contracted something contagious and can't go out?
3) You've been waking up early in the morning for months, despite medication to help you sleep better. Problem is, whenever you get up and try to do something constructive, you get tired too quickly and start dragging your butt around all day. Do you:
a) get in the habit of going back to bed after you've worn yourself out a bit goofing off on YouTube?
b) take your meds, make some strong coffee, and push like mad to reach the end of the day?
c) call your doctor and arrange to review your medication until you find a new solution?

Or, you know, something else I haven't thought of?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #3315
Unreliable Narrator

Quote:
1. I wound up choosing good acting.
2. Wearing clever t-shirts and carrying large brass instruments seems to work, in terms of getting people to talk to me. Being short in stature is also a factor in my favour.
3. The Portsmouth Sinfonia's rendition of Also Sprach Zarathustra always makes me giggle.

Quote:
1) You've made a horrible mistake! You've been working on a novel for about seven years, and only in the last few days has it occurred to you that it's going to be WAY too long to publish as one book. Do you:
a) edit it mercilessly until you get one rather long but doable novel out of it?
b) pick a spot somewhere in the middle, break it in half, and edit the two halves until they feel like natural twins that the publisher will be driven to publish?
c) break it into three very manageable parts and try to sell it as a trilogy, knowing full well that most first time authors can't sell trilogies to established publishers?
d) split up the three interlocking plots and try to create the illusion that they are three separate books in a series, when in fact they are still the same huge book seen from three different angles?
2) You run into an old schoolmate who hears you make music, and wants to jam with you. Problem is, you haven't been playing much, and you know you sort of suck. Do you:
c) call him on the day and tell him you've contracted something contagious and can't go out?
3) You've been waking up early in the morning for months, despite medication to help you sleep better. Problem is, whenever you get up and try to do something constructive, you get tired too quickly and start dragging your butt around all day. Do you:
a) get in the habit of going back to bed after you've worn yourself out a bit goofing off on YouTube?
b) take your meds, make some strong coffee, and push like mad to reach the end of the day?
c) call your doctor and arrange to review your medication until you find a new solution?

1. I never have that problem, as you know (most of my stuff's too short), but I'd do a mix of a) and d) -- focus on writing one of the plots, editing mercilessly so it's down to its bare essence, attempt to sell that one, then if it all works out, pull out the other two stories. Alternatively, I'd pick option f) make it a game... but you already told me it's not a feasible solution for you right now, so yeah.
2. d) bring my sousaphone, distracting him from my lack of technical skill by way of "ooh, shiny!"
3. I usually do b), but adding Red Bull to the mix, to the point that I'm known as quite the caffeine junky to those who interact with me in real life. When I was unemployed, I did a bit more of a).

---

1. What's the best wedding you've ever attended?
2. What's the worst wedding you've ever attended?
3. What's the most bizarre wedding you've ever attended?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #3316
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
I'd go for option C. The result will be the most readable while it also gives the most satisfaction writing it. Chances that you will publish it are nearly zero anyways so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Quote:
Of course I'd go for a. He heard me play so apparently he finds me good enough. And I still have my pride.

Quote:

I would go back to the doctor and explain the problem.

Fun questions Lee. Squinky's questions are still open for answering so I won't come up with new ones.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #3317
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
1. What's the best wedding you've ever attended?
2. What's the worst wedding you've ever attended?
3. What's the most bizarre wedding you've ever attended?
1. In many respects I would have to say my own (otherwise Mrs Degree would cause me to stop living! ). Other then that my mate Ian's at which I was best man. I was really nervous about doing the speech but in the end it went down really well (at least compared to my expectations!) and the relief and happiness I felt afterwards was incredible! It is fair to say that I really let my hair down thereafter.

2. I've never been to a wedding where it's all kicked off with family arguments or fights although I have heard tales from people! The worst was probably my uncle's wedding when I was about 8. All I can remember of it is that I was very bored and was sick later on!

3. Most bizzare was one of two.
1) Two of my wife's friends got married but had very little in the way of money or close family with money. They couldn't afford a posh hotel or hall so decided to hold the reception in a local park with a bring your own picnic lunch! We were really lucky and it was sunny all afternoon and everyone had a great time. We did get some funny looks from other people in the park with everyone in finest, grass-stained wedding attire!

2) My friend Steve's wedding. Everything was going fine until the reception where he managed to fall over in the first dance! He got up and it didn't look that serious, although he did have rather a funny expression on his face for the rest of the night. It wasn't until after he had flown out to Florida the next day that he found out he had broken his foot and had to go round Disney etc. in a wheelchair!

I do love a wedding!

1. Have you ever witnessed (and probably squirmed through!) a family argument where it wasn't your family?

2. Do you prefer a beach & pool holiday or one where you are active and get around to see/do things?

3. Have you ever done the 18-30 style Ibiza/Ayia Napa type holiday (I think Cancun is the equivalent over in the states and Bali for Oz)? If so did you enjoy it and if not would you like to or can't you imagine anything worse?

[by way of explanation for anyone unaware, club 18-30 is a holiday company in UK which specialises in clubbing holidays in Spain/Greece where essentially all there is to do is drink to massive excess all night and sleep/get sunburnt in the day. See here for a snapshot.]
Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #3318
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Not that I can remember; though I've heard stories from friends.

2. I prefer active to see and do things, though the availability of a beach and pool on this holiday would be an added bonus.

3. I never have, and I'm not interested; seeing as I don't drink and a lot of people (though not all, obviously) who go on those sorts of holidays would probably insult and kick me or something.
__

1. What's your opinion on electronic music?

2. What do you feel about people who choose not to drink?

3. What's the most bizarre thing that has ever woken you from your sleep?
Old 08-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #3319
Unreliable Narrator

1. I like some of it, but most of it makes me cranky.
2. Well, they're going to get really, really thirsty... oh, you mean alcohol? Yeah, I'm not a fan of the stuff, either. When I was younger, it used to bother me that so many university students used it as such an integral part of their socialising, but these days, since I hang out with somewhat more mature folks, it's no big deal. I think it's reasonable to expect people to treat me with respect for my preferences, just like I do with, say, people who don't drink coffee, or eat meat, or don't like the same video games as I do.
3. Does having to pee count?

---

1. How do you tell if someone's flirting with you?
2. What words do you refuse to capitalise, even though style guides say you should?
3. What time do you usually wake up these days without the help of an alarm clock?
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #3320
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. I can't really -- I think I've gotten better at noticing, as there are times when I've remembered back to earlier in the year and realised that, on more than one occasion, people may have actually been expressing an interest that I was to unconfident to believe existed.

2. The word "app" kind of bothers me for some reason. I've tried and tried to type why, but it's difficult. But, basically, I feel like a real tool whenever I say "app".
[[I appear to have totally misread the question somehow -- I can't think of any words to use in my actual answer, though. Gosh darn.]]

3. I wake up around 9 or 10 without an alarm clock usually -- and I have an uncanny ability to wake up before my alarm clock if I do set it. All that said, I was very tired one day and ended up sleeping for about 11 hours until noon.
__

Passing them on because I'm a real tool.

Last edited by Hammerite; 08-18-2010 at 02:38 AM.