Three Questions - Page 164 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #3261
It's Hard To Be Humble
 
Lee in Limbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Are you any good at being friendly to people you don't like?
2. How about to people who don't like you?
3. Do you trust people who are friendly to you but have no reason, in your mind, to like you?
1. Yes, but I don't think I'm fooling very many people.
2. If someone doesn't like me, I probably don't spend enough time around them to make a change in their attitude.
3. No. I just naturally assume that people who are particularly nice to me want something. The question then becomes, do I like them enough to give them what they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. Favorite time of year ?
2. Do you like to clean (heavy duity) weekly ?
3. Do you have any allergies ?
1. Christmas. Not for the gift giving. It's just so quiet, because I rarely go to the mall, and I rarely have a leave-home-to-go-to-work job at Christmas.
2. No. I don't like not being able to find or do things, so I clean periodically. However, I don't have a specific regimen.
3. Dogs, cats, ragweed, shellfish, commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. How do you deal with people who are attracted to you when you aren't interested?
2. How do you deal with people you're attracted to who aren't interested in you?
3. Do you feel suspicious of people who are attracted to you but have no reason to be because you have nothing in common?
1. I tend to be receptive to most people who are keen on me. however, there have been a few who I had to politely blow off. I'm not proud of it, but what can you do when it's clear they're not right for you?
2. I drink and masturbate. NO! I usually just get sullen and crestfallen. Oh right, then comes the booze and jerking off.
3. No. I just take it on faith that I make them horny, which at my age is an achievement, so I'm not likely to make them feel awkward about it. Frankly, I'd be flattered, But then, that's my lot in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. Can Internet trolls be entertaining, do you think?
2. Best instance of 'trolling'?
3. Worst?
1. No.
2. None.
3. All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Name something you started doing before most people your age.
2. Name something you didn't do until long after most people your age started.
3. If you could alter history and be statistically normal at either of those things, would you?
1. making girlfriends at school.
2. Have sexual intercourse.
3. I don't think I was ready yet, That said, I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. Have you ever "fallen in love" with a character in a book? (or film, but that's definitely not as interesting!).
2. What are the most important things you look for (or think you look for ) in a partner? Rank these in order: (feel free to add your own)
  • Looks
  • Personality
  • Money
  • Status/Job
  • Sense of Humour
3.1 Objectively, how honest do you think your answers to 2 are?! - i.e. how do they match reality, partners you have or have had?
3.2 Take the first and last ones on your list and elaborate! What, precisely, do/don't you want?
Hmmn. Warm ted tjat an Heculposi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodokall View Post
1. If you could take back any one thing you regret doing to someone else, what would it be?
2. If you could live in any world from any work of fiction whether video game, movie, tv show or book, which would it be and why?
3. What is the approximate air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
1. Making an implied promise that I am not capable of keeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Rank the following things in importance when it comes to choosing a partner: a winning smile, stylish facial hair, good spelling and grammar, ballroom dancing skills, nunchuck skills, rich parents, big boobs, a well-endowed package, an identical twin, the ability to bake a delicious pumpkin pie, the ability to transform into an animal, the ability to tie a knot in a cherry stem using only one's tongue.
2. The devil challenges you to a battle for your soul, and you get to pick the challenge. What will it be?
3. Has a fictional character ever fallen in love with you?
1.
a winning smile, stylish hair, good spelling and grammar, ballroom dancing skills, big boobs, a cute ass, the ability to transform into an animal (in the bedroom), the ability to tie a knot in a cherry stem using only one's tongue. In approximately that order.
2. Competition to see who can win the most smooches: me or a lawn gnome.
3. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. What would you rather go completely without for a year, the internet or adventure games?
2. What was your favourite cartoon as a child (or as an adult if you like but it must still be a children's cartoon).
3. Can publicly humilliating someone be justified under any circumstances?
1. Already feel like I've had that one answered.
2. Ludwig.
3. Personally, I'm always leery of humilating people, because a challenged fool is a dangerous one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. What's your opinion on minimalism; specifically in the arts?
2. What unusual thing makes you feel slightly happier? (for example, for me it's the smell of damp earth)
3. Do you ever feel that generally accepted notions of what your homeland's cultural characteristics are contrast with what you personally see as the cultural characteristics of your homeland?
1. I have an abiding interest in modern art, but I'm merely a dillentante.
2. Seeing Sims I created have mad passionate WooHoo.
3. I'm a pretty nice and thougthful guy, in general. I prefer the second time to the first, and I apologize a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What, to you, is good comedy?
2. What is you favourite medium for comedy?
3. Do you think Hammerite will get more attention from the ladies if he wears nothing but a towel, rides a horse backwards, swan dives into a hot tub, and wears Old Spice?
1. Stuff I rewrite when I'm not falling over tired, and am allowed to break the rules a bit.
2. My writing.
3. Could he whistle a tune with his bait and tackle? Because that might get him the attention he craves.
____________________

1) Are you as tired as I am?
2) Do you find pregnant avatars attractive?
3) Do you ever get cranky over how many people skill asking newquestions?

ETA: Drat. I must have been seriously tired when I typed that or something. Question 3 was supposed to be 'Do you ever get cranky over how many people skip asking new questions?'. Funny thing is, I don't even remember typing these questions.
__________________
Lee Edward McImoyle,
Author
Smashwords eBooks

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 07-19-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Boo Boo Bandaid
Lee in Limbo is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #3262
tsa
Playing character
 
tsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 7,472
Default

1. No I feel good.
2. I have never seen one so I don't know.
3. No.

---

1. Do you often visit AdventureGamers at work?
2. How often do you have a WWILF (What Was I looking For) moment?
3. Is the internet addictive?
tsa is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #3263
Second Degree Black Belt
 
bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Do you often visit AdventureGamers at work?
2. How often do you have a WWILF (What Was I looking For) moment?
3. Is the internet addictive?
1. No I cant...... I visti when I get home
2. Oh yeah, all the time
3. I think so, only b/c It is so easy to find stuff and to shop too


____________________________

1. What is your favorite sound?
2. What is one thing that you would try if a friend said " Go ahead and try it you'll like it"
3. Do you like to snuggle with your pets?
__________________
Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
bulldog is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #3264
Failed Birthday Elf
 
Intense Degree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What is your favorite sound?
2. What is one thing that you would try if a friend said " Go ahead and try it you'll like it"
3. Do you like to snuggle with your pets?
1. Honestly, probably silence. Especially after having been in a loud noisy place for some time, silence is beautiful.

2. That would depend on who the friend was! But otherwise, films, TV shows, foods etc.

3. As we live in a second floor flat we are a bit limited in terms of what we can have pets-wise. However, we have 3 giant african land snails in a tank which are quite cool but definitely not snuggly!

_____________________________


1. Do you get on with your neighbours? What are they like?

2. Would you rather have a ground floor or top floor flat?

3. Which animal is the coolest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Hmmn. Warm ted tjat an Heculposi
Huh?

Last edited by Intense Degree; 07-19-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Intense Degree is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #3265
kamikaze hummingbirds
 
Hammerite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Over there.
Posts: 7,946
Default

1. I don't really know my next door neighbours from home that well, but they seem generally like a nice bunch (their kids are a bit annoying sometimes, though ). At uni, they were a bit rowdy and disliked me at first, but I went over there every so often and it was cool.

2. Top floor. Just so much cooler, and looking out the window at night would be romantic.

3. Penguins. (get it?)
__

1. How is a good way to talk to someone you really want to, without actually having anything immediately to talk about?

2. How has technology changed your life?

3. Do you feel that radio has a place in the modern day?
__________________
The bin is a place for household rubbish, not beloved pets!
Hammerite is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #3266
Unreliable Narrator
 
Squinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Le Canada
Posts: 9,873
Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default

1. When I figure out the answer to that question, I'll get back to you. Perhaps it's another one for Lee?
2. I think it's more accurate to say that technology created my life. Make of that what you will.
3. Sure it does. And it's even better now, since you can go back and listen to the archives.

---

1. What article of clothing do you like that most people you know find ugly?
2. What popular article of clothing do you find ugly?
3. Have you ever had or witnessed a particularly humourous wardrobe malfunction?
__________________
Squinky is always right, but only for certain values of "always" and "right".
Squinky is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #3267
Second Degree Black Belt
 
bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What article of clothing do you like that most people you know find ugly?
2. What popular article of clothing do you find ugly?
3. Have you ever had or witnessed a particularly humourous wardrobe malfunction?
1. probably my pink flannel penguin pants, Matt hates them........ but I only wear them in the winter to check the mail

2. wool sweaters, they are itcy, big and just gross.
3. hahahaah yeah a co-worker last year put her short on wrong side out when she was getting dressed for work and came to work with them messed up. Of course we told her about them

_______________


1. What job would you be doing if you were not at your current job?
2. Have you ever been so rude to someone that you felt bad afterwards?
3. What is spam?
__________________
Lord make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
bulldog is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #3268
The Major Grubert.
 
Not A Speck Of Cereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What job would you be doing if you were not at your current job?
2. Have you ever been so rude to someone that you felt bad afterwards?
3. What is spam?
  1. Professional musician
  2. Yes, sadly. I can think if some specific moments that I wish I can undo
  3. I think people over-use the term 'spam'. To me, it's really all about unrequested commercial solicitation. Well, that, and the potted meat packed in a gelatinous blob!
_____________________________________
  1. In your life, what has been your worst job?
  2. What is the worst thing you have ever said to someone?
  3. Do you still watch commercials on TV?
__________________
People don't wear enough hats.
Not A Speck Of Cereal is offline  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #3269
Unreliable Narrator
 
Squinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Le Canada
Posts: 9,873
Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
ETA: Drat. I must have been seriously tired when I typed that or something. Question 3 was supposed to be 'Do you ever get cranky over how many people skip asking new questions?'. Funny thing is, I don't even remember typing these questions.
Forum-posting equivalent of drunk dialling, huh? Oh, and to answer the question, oh dear God yes I do get cranky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
  1. In your life, what has been your worst job?
  2. What is the worst thing you have ever said to someone?
  3. Do you still watch commercials on TV?
1. The one I eventually got fired from.
2. Either telling my parents I hated them or telling an ex they were a mistake. Both offenses have been forgiven on the others' part, but nothing's ever been the same since.
3. I don't really watch TV period, except on the internet or in DVD boxed sets.

---

1. How do weddings make you feel?
2. Do you enjoy being a regular at any public establishment?
3. If you had to perform at an open mic, what would you do?
__________________
Squinky is always right, but only for certain values of "always" and "right".

Last edited by Squinky; 07-19-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Squinky is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 AM   #3270
Game Creator Hobbyist
 
Trumgottist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stockholm (or Gotland)
Posts: 2,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. How do weddings make you feel?
2. Do you enjoy being a regular at any public establishment?
3. If you had to perform at an open mic, what would you do?
1. Good. (Even though it seems likely that I'll never get to have one of my own.)
2. Does Church count? If so, yes.
3. Fnugg. (Or a blues-polska on the bassoon. Something that's a bit odd anyway.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Oh, and to answer the question, oh dear God yes I do get cranky.
(Hmm. Is making Squinky cranky a good idea? Nah. I'll think up some new questions.)

1. What's the biggest use your computer gets?
2. If you don't play a musical instrument, why not? If you do, how much?
3. Are you a good cook?
__________________
Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick. The Special Edition is now available! (Mac OS X or Windows.)
Trumgottist is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 AM   #3271
Lazy Bee
 
Jelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. What's the biggest use your computer gets?
2. If you don't play a musical instrument, why not? If you do, how much?
3. Are you a good cook?
1. Playing adventure games and surfing the internet, most often this forum.
2. I do play the piano sometimes. I used to play a lot when I was in my early to late teens, practising several hours a day.
After having become a teacher I used to teach music for the youngest children up to 11 y/o. (And Trum, that blues project I was involving you in turned out great! The entire class learned to play 'See you later alligator' and also put their own lyrics to the music. Absolutely great!) Nowadays, not being a teacher any longer I don't find the time so much. But the piano is here whenever I feel like playing.
3. I'd like to think I am.

------------
1. What kind of food are you longing for right now?
2. What kind of beverage did you last have?
3. What's you favourite kind of fruit?
__________________
Temporary guest in your life
Jelena is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 AM   #3272
Freeware Co-ordinator
 
stepurhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South East England.
Posts: 7,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. What kind of food are you longing for right now?
2. What kind of beverage did you last have?
3. What's you favourite kind of fruit?
  1. Chocolate. Fortunately I also have some stashed downstairs.
  2. A cup of tea. Of course, when I say "cup" I mean "pint mug". I got it from a promotion by a crisp company. (No, I don't get the connection either )
  3. Bananas. Most other fruit get messy to a greater or lesser extent when you eat them. Bananas are a tidy fruit. (As long as you safely dispose of the skin and don't leave it for comedy trips afterwards)
__________________
  1. You get up one morning and everyone else has vanished. Everything else is unchanged (even the stuff that would normally require human supervision to operate, like power supply and television transmissions. Nothing that would require a human in view, like buses, though) What do you do?
  2. You are given a one time opportunity to influence the entire human population of the world. The instruction you can give can be no more than 20 words but will be obeyed by everyone (and can be ongoing, such as an instruction never to perform a specific act in future). What instruction do you give?
  3. What did you have for breakfast?
__________________
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
stepurhan is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #3273
It's Hard To Be Humble
 
Lee in Limbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,557
Default

Okay, let's try this while I'm wide awake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Do you often visit AdventureGamers at work?
2. How often do you have a WWILF (What Was I looking For) moment?
3. Is the internet addictive?
1. No. I think I used to when I worked at BBM&P, but that's it. I did visit fairly frequently while working on Terminal Monday, I suspect.
2. About once a day, on average. One of my five defining Sim traits is absent-mindedness.
3. Absolutely not, I can quit any time. *twitch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What is your favorite sound?
2. What is one thing that you would try if a friend said " Go ahead and try it you'll like it"
3. Do you like to snuggle with your pets?
1. *censored*
2. *censored*
3. Yes, but my pets don't like snuggling with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. Do you get on with your neighbours? What are they like?
2. Would you rather have a ground floor or top floor flat?
3. Which animal is the coolest?
1. I don't know too many of my neighbours any more, but those few I do I like. The Portuguese sisters are still charming, Kain is a bit of a pothead, but nice and harmless, the lesbian couple upstairs are quiet and polite (and the brunette is personable; the blonde not so much), and the gamers across the hall haven't come out for more than a minute in months, so I'm not even sure if they're both still alive.
2. I live on the ground floor. I'm so over it. I would love to move upstairs now, but the rent will go up a great deal if I do move.
3. I suspect whales are the coolest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
Huh?
I apologize. The truth is, I have no idea what I was trying to say there. I must have been very tired and not just a little delirious. My typos are legendary, but I can usually decipher them. Not this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. How is a good way to talk to someone you really want to, without actually having anything immediately to talk about?
2. How has technology changed your life?
3. Do you feel that radio has a place in the modern day?
1. Waitaminute, haven't I answered this one before? The question isn't 'how is a good way' but 'what do you want to say, and why?' Once you know those answers, the how part becomes easy. You should feel compelled to speak once you know what you want to say and why you want to say it.

My suggestion is, have fun. If you're not smiling, it's not working.
2. This. I'm having conversations with people all over the world, and consider a number of them to be friends. Before I bought my first computer, I was alone and making music, on relatively primitive recording equipment, that no one was listening to. Now all sorts of people have heard my music, and as a consequence, I've gone back to novel writing.
3. I'd like radio to be as important to me as it was in my teens. Sadly, it just isn't possible. Radio/audio drama is extremely niche, and Clear Channel has killed commercial radio in North America. I do occasionally listen to internet radio, but it's just not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What article of clothing do you like that most people you know find ugly?
2. What popular article of clothing do you find ugly?
3. Have you ever had or witnessed a particularly humourous wardrobe malfunction?
1. My Police concert teeshirt?
2. Crocs.
3. Yes, but we shant discuss it.

Okay, actually, there was a girl--sitting in front of me on the bus one day on the way home from work--who had made the tragic fashion error of trying to wear those ridiculous emo skinny jeans, when she had in fact a very shapely posterior. So as she stood up, her pants had slid half way down her lovely bottom, and I got a rather dizzying view of her g-string before she scurried off, pulling her pants back into place as she went. It didn't make me laugh, but it made me smile for several minutes afterwards.

We've already discussed the decadent old man thing, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
1. What job would you be doing if you were not at your current job?
2. Have you ever been so rude to someone that you felt bad afterwards?
3. What is spam?
1. Being an unemployed graphic designer with aspirations of being a published novelist, I would have to say... hot dog vendor.
2. A few times, yes. I consider them learning experiences. I've promised myself to apologize if I ever see them again.
3. Horrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
  1. In your life, what has been your worst job?
  2. What is the worst thing you have ever said to someone?
  3. Do you still watch commercials on TV?
1. The last one, at Hamilton Copy Copy. I've never hated a full time job so much that I considered suicide as an alternative before.
2. Goodbye.
3. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Forum-posting equivalent of drunk dialling, huh? Oh, and to answer the question, oh dear God yes I do get cranky.
Me too. And I wasn't even drinking that night. Just got online thinking I was much more coherent than I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. How do weddings make you feel?
2. Do you enjoy being a regular at any public establishment?
3. If you had to perform at an open mic, what would you do?
1. Anxious.
2. Not these days. I used to frequent karaoke bars and a local pub, but these days, I'm a recluse.
3. Sing 'Travelin' Band' by CCR. The last time I did it, the whole building woke up. I'd like to see if I can repeat that experience fifteen years later. Barring that, I'd probably play 'Going Through the Motions', if I could remember it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. What's the biggest use your computer gets?
2. If you don't play a musical instrument, why not? If you do, how much?
3. Are you a good cook?
1. Porn. No. The biggest use is probably just me posting to forums and journals. Oh, and Sims 3.
2. I don't play my musical instruments enough, because I stopped for so long that, every time I try to play now, I hear something so dreadful, it makes me stop again.
3. I've got a few dishes in my repertoire that folks have commented favourably about. That said, I don't think of myself as a Good Cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. What kind of food are you longing for right now?
2. What kind of beverage did you last have?
3. What's you favourite kind of fruit?
1. Lasagna.
2. Cold tea.
3. Strawberries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
  1. You get up one morning and everyone else has vanished. Everything else is unchanged (even the stuff that would normally require human supervision to operate, like power supply and television transmissions. Nothing that would require a human in view, like buses, though) What do you do?
  2. You are given a one time opportunity to influence the entire human population of the world. The instruction you can give can be no more than 20 words but will be obeyed by everyone (and can be ongoing, such as an instruction never to perform a specific act in future). What instruction do you give?
  3. What did you have for breakfast?
1. Remove my clothing and go for a long walk. Then I'd come home and get back to work. I don't have an audience now, either, so nothing would have changed.
2. 'Love everyone, as much as you wish, as deeply as you like, without conditions, reservations, or expectations.'
3. A cinnamon raisin bagel with herb & garlic creme cheese.
____________________

1) Hwo gdoo rea yuo ta inpretrepgin grabdle txte?
2) Would any of you want to be a disc jockey, if you were allowed to play the music of your choice?
3) What is the most offensive (to your sensibilities) song you know that you nevertheless can't resist smiling or tapping your toe to?
__________________
Lee Edward McImoyle,
Author
Smashwords eBooks

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 07-20-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Lee in Limbo is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #3274
Unreliable Narrator
 
Squinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Le Canada
Posts: 9,873
Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
  1. You get up one morning and everyone else has vanished. Everything else is unchanged (even the stuff that would normally require human supervision to operate, like power supply and television transmissions. Nothing that would require a human in view, like buses, though) What do you do?
  2. You are given a one time opportunity to influence the entire human population of the world. The instruction you can give can be no more than 20 words but will be obeyed by everyone (and can be ongoing, such as an instruction never to perform a specific act in future). What instruction do you give?
  3. What did you have for breakfast?
1. Panic.
2. "Do the Thriller dance."
3. Red Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Yes, but my pets don't like snuggling with me.
Clearly, you need new pets. I'd volunteer myself, but that'd probably get you in a lot of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Now all sorts of people have heard my music, and as a consequence, I've gone back to novel writing.
Your music wasn't all that bad. You should've kept it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
3. Sing 'Travelin' Band' by CCR. The last time I did it, the whole building woke up. I'd like to see if I can repeat that experience fifteen years later. Barring that, I'd probably play 'Going Through the Motions', if I could remember it all.
That, I'd love to see/hear. On both counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
I don't play my musical instruments enough, because I stopped for so long that, every time I try to play now, I hear something so dreadful, it makes me stop again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1) Hwo gdoo rea yuo ta inpretrepgin grabdle txte?
2) Would any of you want to be a disc jockey, if you were allowed to play the music of your choice?
3) What is the most offensive (to your sensibilities) song you know that you nevertheless can't resist smiling or tapping your toe to?
1. Raednig eonuhg fo yuor wrtinig voer teh yaers ahs maed em bette rat ti, I htink.
2. Sure, at a public event like a wedding or something. People will either think I'm awesome or boo me off the stage. In either case, it sounds like it'd be a better one-time thing than a career move.
3. "Oh, you touch my tralala! Mmm, my ding ding dong!"

---

1. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but was otherwise attached to someone else?
2. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but wasn't ready for a serious relationship right now?
3. What would you do if, try as you might, you couldn't fall in love with anyone at all?
__________________
Squinky is always right, but only for certain values of "always" and "right".
Squinky is offline  
Old 07-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #3275
Not like them!
 
MoriartyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,570
Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL
Default

  1. Wowsers, that's a tough one. Firstly, because I've never been deeply in love (or even casually in love, really) with anyone. So it's hard for me to imagine how that would change my behavior. But assuming that this is real love and not some little crush, the woman certainly has Asperger's Syndrome and I wouldn't know when I might ever find another because they're rare, and I think that would inspire me (normally a really scared and shy kind of person) to put it all on the line. I'd probably stick around and make excuses to spend time with her, and wait for the other guy to drop out. But if that guy had Asperger's Syndrome as well... and I believe you've gotten me into the trap of writing a soap opera around myself.
  2. That's easier. I'd be friends, and I'd wait forever.
  3. You don't go for the easy questions, do you. I guess this is quite a real possibility. I can't love anyone without Asperger's Syndrome (not really), and I have no reason to believe I'll ever find a woman with Asperger's Syndrome. I'd probably keep holding out hope until the day I die, and then die a virgin, because that's the sort of really pathetic thing I'd do. What a miserable thought.

================================================== =================

  1. How far beyond your comfort zone are you willing to push yourself?
  2. Are there any ideals which are more important, in your life, than your own happiness is?
  3. What have you always wanted to do, but never gotten around to to this day?
MoriartyL is offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:24 AM   #3276
Unreliable Narrator
 
Squinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Le Canada
Posts: 9,873
Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default

1. In gradual steps, and only then, at my own pace and motivation. I don't like being pressured by other people to go outside my comfort zone.
2. I used to think so, but these days, I know I'm not much use to the world unless I'm being the best possible version of myself I can be, and that requires a certain amount of happiness to achieve. So no, nothing's more important, not really.
3. Watch Doctor Who.

---

1. Describe the best possible version of yourself.
2. How far off are you from that?
3. How do you know that's who you want to be?
__________________
Squinky is always right, but only for certain values of "always" and "right".
Squinky is offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #3277
tsa
Playing character
 
tsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 7,472
Default

1. Healthy.
2. Quite far.
3. Everybody wants to be healthy.

---

1. Describe the worst possible version of yourself.
2. How close are you to that?
3. How do you know that's not who you want to be?
tsa is offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #3278
Failed Birthday Elf
 
Intense Degree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Describe the worst possible version of yourself.
2. How close are you to that?
3. How do you know that's not who you want to be?
1. Living entirely for myself and being unable to see beyond the horizons of my own pleasures. (that last bit is a quote from Dickens just in case anyone thought I had suddenly somehow become a literary genius! )

2. A lot closer to that then I would like to think!

3. Because I used to be a lot more like that and it didn't make me happy or do anything for me but cause problem after problem.

Quote:
I apologize. The truth is, I have no idea what I was trying to say there. I must have been very tired and not just a little delirious. My typos are legendary, but I can usually decipher them. Not this time.
Hey, no need to apologise, these things happen to the best of us!

__________________________


1. What is the most you have ever done for someone without reward? (not including close family.)

2. What lengths have you gone to to impress/attract a girl/boy? Or what have you considered doing even if you didn't actually do it!

3. What is the longest you have ever slept in one go as a teenager/adult?
Intense Degree is offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #3279
It's Hard To Be Humble
 
Lee in Limbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Clearly, you need new pets. I'd volunteer myself, but that'd probably get you in a lot of trouble.
But it would be so worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Your music wasn't all that bad. You should've kept it up.
Flatterer. I'll get back to it someday. Just need to focus on writing for a while, try to get my so-called career started. then I can focus on music again. I don't compartmentalize well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
That, I'd love to see/hear. On both counts.
So would I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
*hugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
3. "Oh, you touch my tralala! Mmm, my ding ding dong!"
LAWL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but was otherwise attached to someone else?
2. What would you do if you were deeply in love with someone who you knew cared for you but wasn't ready for a serious relationship right now?
3. What would you do if, try as you might, you couldn't fall in love with anyone at all?
1. Wait. And wait. Not because I should, or because I think it's a good thing to do. I'm just telling you what I'd do. And I know I would, because I have been there.
2. Wait. And wait. Maybe write a few books in the meantime.
3. This is a question I can't even imagine answering honestly for you, hon. I have always been a hopeless romantic. I had my first 'girlfriend' at the age of seven. *shrug* Still didn't lose my virginity until I was 23, but I had known real love before then. And even had a threesome before that. Life is strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. How far beyond your comfort zone are you willing to push yourself?
  2. Are there any ideals which are more important, in your life, than your own happiness is?
  3. What have you always wanted to do, but never gotten around to to this day?
1. I try to do so on a fairly regular basis, but I think I'm getting a little set in my ways these days.
2. Loving and taking care of the ones I love.
3. 'Always' wanted to do? Sell enough books to live comfortable with my loved ones. The details have been hazy, but the goal remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. In gradual steps, and only then, at my own pace and motivation. I don't like being pressured by other people to go outside my comfort zone.
Glad to hear this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
3. Watch Doctor Who.
So want to fix this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Describe the best possible version of yourself.
2. How far off are you from that?
3. How do you know that's who you want to be?
1. The version you believe in, I think.
2. I suspect I'm many miles off from that.
3. Because there aren't very many people who make me feel anywhere as good about myself as you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Describe the worst possible version of yourself.
2. How close are you to that?
3. How do you know that's not who you want to be?
1. Sleeping in an insane asylum, dreaming of the life I could have been leading by now.
2. In the book, my surrogate has been there for over a decade. I sometimes wonder if I'm not already there myself. Other times, I just think it's not that far a leap from here to there.
3. Because I would lose the people I love. Even if they're only in my head, I'd die without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. What is the most you have ever done for someone without reward? (not including close family.)
2. What lengths have you gone to to impress/attract a girl/boy? Or what have you considered doing even if you didn't actually do it!
3. What is the longest you have ever slept in one go as a teenager/adult?
1. I can't recall. I'm not a philanthropist, but I do from time to time do little good deeds without any hope of being done to in kind. It's not a moral or religious thing, and it's not some hopped up self-pride thing. It's just how I'm wired. I can't bear to say no to someone in need, unless I'm in rough shape myself.
2. I used to try far too hard to impress the people in my life that I thought I loved. As I got older, I got better at just being myself and attracting people that way. The last major thing I did to keep someone happy (different question) was marry them. that may have been poor judgment on my part.
3. I think I may have slept a good eighteen hours a few times when I was younger and doing a lot of temp work while crashing from a manic upswing. I don't do that anymore.
____________________

1. Name the worst thing you'd rather die than be forced to do.
2. Have you ever had a secret so dire that you simply couldn't bring yourself to share it with your dearest loved ones? (and no, I don't want you to tell me what it was/is)
3. How far would you be willing to go outside of your comfort zone to win the heart of the one you love?
__________________
Lee Edward McImoyle,
Author
Smashwords eBooks
Lee in Limbo is offline  
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #3280
Unreliable Narrator
 
Squinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Le Canada
Posts: 9,873
Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky
Default

These questions were interesting enough that I want to answer them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Describe the best possible version of yourself.
2. How far off are you from that?
3. How do you know that's who you want to be?
1. Older. Still possessing my childlike sense of wonder and creativity, and still very eccentric, but with increased wisdom and experience, and greater capacity for empathy. Hopefully having made a name for myself as a game designer.
2. A good 15-20 years.
3. The parts that irritate me most about myself are the ones that can only be improved with time and practice. Plus, weird middle-aged women are just plain cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Describe the worst possible version of yourself.
2. How close are you to that?
3. How do you know that's not who you want to be?
1. The insecure, depressed, meltdown-prone, angry, trapped person I was during many parts of my teen years, particularly when I was losing myself to failing romantic relationships, or fighting with my parents.
2. Getting further and further away, as I've grown up and given myself more autonomy in life. I'm feeling like my twenties are a second adolescence for me, one I can actually do better than the first time around.
3. Because I'm happier now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Wait. And wait. Not because I should, or because I think it's a good thing to do. I'm just telling you what I'd do. And I know I would, because I have been there.
*nods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Loving and taking care of the ones I love.
Which you could probably do a much better job of if you were happy. Just saying. *hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
'Always' wanted to do? Sell enough books to live comfortable with my loved ones. The details have been hazy, but the goal remains the same.
Or, you know, fall in love with more rich people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
I suspect I'm many miles off from that.
Pretty sure you're closer than you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Because there aren't very many people who make me feel anywhere as good about myself as you do.
*blushes* Glad I can help in that sense. Also, the feeling is mutual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
1. Name the worst thing you'd rather die than be forced to do.
2. Have you ever had a secret so dire that you simply couldn't bring yourself to share it with your dearest loved ones? (and no, I don't want you to tell me what it was/is)
3. How far would you be willing to go outside of your comfort zone to win the heart of the one you love?
1. Abuse a child.
2. I'm totally over secrets. Sure, I'm a private person and won't share everything with everyone, but I really don't have all that much to hide, so if I trust you, you'll know what there is to know about me.
3. As far as possible without hurting myself.

---

1. If you had a once in a lifetime chance to get one thing you own signed by its creator, what would it be?
2. Does caffeine have a significant effect on you?
3. A dishevelled stranger comes up to you claiming to be from the future. What would they have to say to get you to believe them?
__________________
Squinky is always right, but only for certain values of "always" and "right".

Last edited by Squinky; 07-21-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Squinky is offline  
 



Thread Tools

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.