You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #3061
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. Is patriotism necessary in this day and age?
2. When someone you care about says something you personally find insensitive, even if you know for a fact that they don't intend on offending you personally, is it better to call them out on it or keep your mouth shut?
3. What would you prefer your friends did if you said something unintentionally offensive to them?
  1. Interesting question. I've never considered whether patriotism was necessary before. I'm going to say no, it's not necessary and never was. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your country, but it's not like the world would fall apart if fewer people had an unconditional love for their countries. Well, okay, a few countries might fall apart. I don't know. I guess I think the internet breaks down the borders between countries a bit, so that now philosophy is a lot more important than nationality.
  2. "Keep your mouth shut?" There is never a good time to keep your mouth shut. Things you don't say don't go away, they just stay under the surface bubbling up. And then when you finally get fed up and say something, it's with all this extra hostility that's built up, which is entirely unnecessary and potentially destructive. Never keep your mouth shut. Never.
  3. I'd expect them to tell me, and if I didn't understand I'd expect them to explain it to me, and if I didn't agree I'd expect them to argue with me. How can I even respect someone who is offended by something and won't speak up about it? I tell you, if someone didn't tell me I'd offended them, I'd be personally and deeply offended by that omission (if I learned of it later). If someone hid something like that from me, I'd understand that they never had any respect for me, never had any confidence in my ability to change, and preferred to take advantage of opportunities to paint me as an antagonist than to treat me as an equal. My god, how could anyone think it was right to keep silent?

=================================================

1. What is the cutest animal you've ever seen?
  2. Would it really be so terrible if we wiped out the majority of bugs in the world? (Please say no. I hate bugs.)
  3. From now on each year will be only eleven months. Anything scheduled to be in the month removed goes away with it. Pick a month to eliminate.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #3062
tsa
Playing character

2. Yes. No bugs means no food.

3. December! No more Christmas! Hurray!

---

1. What is the most horrible looking animal you have ever seen? Place a picture!

2. Why do you/do you not eat insects?

3. If we needed to insert a 13th month in our calendar, what would you call it?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #3063

2. I don't eat insects because I'm a vegetarian.

3. Pictionary

1. What bad habits do you have?

2. What have you done sometime over the past week or so, that you are proud of?

3. If you believe in reincarnation, what would you want to come back as?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #3064
tsa
Playing character

What a beautiful animal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasdnil View Post

1. I tend to leave home just a bit too late to go to appointments.
2. I worked the whole day yesterday despite the pain in my knees.
3. A healthy person in a happy Western European family. Male or female doesn't matter.

---

1. What are the names and species of all the pets you've had?
2. How good are you at procrastinating?
3. How often is your office cleaned?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #3065
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post

1. I have two cats ( Hunter a long hair cat and Octavia....OT for short and she is a long hair tortoise shell color cat)

Then there is our sweet dog Bull..... he is a chow and german shepard mixed dog.

2. Oh I'm ver good at it

3. If my classroom is like my office then it is cleaned (by me) everyday..... but my office that I sew in...... its not cleaned very often b/c of the fabric.

I like tsa questions so I shall pass them on

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #3066
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
1. I've only had fish when I was really small, but they all died away fairly quickly. I forget their names and species. I recall just one of them that I had named Burglar, because it was white with a black band across its eyes.
2. I should get some kind of award.
3. Umm.. once a week, optimistic estimate.
_____

1. Have you ever played in any bands? If so, what were their names? If no, what would you name your band?
2. What genre of music do you/would you play?
3. Hypothetically, it's a punk band: you're on drums, bass, guitar or vocals? That's right, in this world, synthesizers don't exist!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #3067
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
1. Have you ever played in any bands? If so, what were their names? If no, what would you name your band?
3. Hypothetically, it's a punk band: you're on drums, bass, guitar or vocals? That's right, in this world, synthesizers don't exist!
1. Yep. "The Avenue" and "Fine Eden" were two of the better names though! A couple of bands at school I played in were called things like "Black Friday" which makes me cringe with shame now!

2. I like to play a wide range but for the most part it's Indie/Rock/Metal, a bit of Jazz and some classical.

3. Drums. Although I can sing reasonably well I wouldn't do punk singing!

1. What is the most embarassing club/society you have ever belonged to? If nothing (liar! ) then which would you join?

2. Which country in the world would you most like to visit and why in 10 words or less?

3. How many is too many?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #3068
Citizen of Bizarro World

1. Free Willy. It's a club for men who enjoy jacuzzi hot tubs in the nude... but not at the same time.
2. Australia because it's sunny & it's got babes.
3. 15
______

1. What's your dream profession?
2. What're you actually doing/studying for?
3. Envision heaven: what's it like, for you?

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #3069
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maquisard View Post
1. Right now I really would like to be some kind of administrator. In a school or perhaps in the municipality.
2. I'm a math and science teacher who's pretty fed up.
3. A warm and sunny climate with a very short winter with snow. Mauritius is pretty much how I envision heaven. Green and lush with beaches surrounded by a beautiful ocean. Just add a month of winter you have the perfect place.

--------------------------
Great set of questions.
Quote:
Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #3070
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:
1. Professional musician (would accpet rich professional musician too!)
2. Working as a lawyer doing defendant insurance/PI claims and like Jelena I too am fed up!
3. Being in the presence of God. To be honest I can't imagine what it's like!

Questions

1. What do you want to acheive before your next significant birthday?
2. Snakes or Spiders?
3. Too hot or too cold?
Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #3071

1. I want to have visited the Taj Mahal in India before my 30th birthday

2. Snakes are worse than spiders (if that's what the question was asking...?)

3. I would much rather be too hot than too cold. I don't contain heat very well and so I tend to hoard it when it's available!

1. If you could be any pizza topping, what would you be and why?

2. Coffee or tea, which is better?

3. Have you got any really embarrassing stories to share? If so, reveal all, if not, what would be a really embarrssing expereince for you?
Old 03-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #3072
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
It's like I keep saying, if you think that's hard, try, you know, actually being part of a minority race. I'm really sorry to say it, but when it comes to the supposed "struggles" of confused old white men, I have nothing to offer but tiny violins. Not after all I've seen and experienced, and all the horrific, violent stories I've heard. Sorry, love.
Methinks you have the wrong white guy, but never mind.
Quote:
1. Is patriotism necessary in this day and age?
2. When someone you care about says something you personally find insensitive, even if you know for a fact that they don't intend on offending you personally, is it better to call them out on it or keep your mouth shut?
3. What would you prefer your friends did if you said something unintentionally offensive to them?
1. I think we live in a world where too many people have too few reasons to be proud, and so patriotism becomes the gold standard for pride. Where we come from is an important thing to most people, even if they don't articulate it well, or think a little too highly of where they come from. As for me, if I could live in a world without borders or nationalities, think I'd be okay with that, because I've got other things to be proud of.
2. You have to decide what's most important to you, and if the issue is big enough to you, you have to tell them, even if you're worried it will upset them. It helps if you're willing to discuss the matter, rather than make a pronouncement, but we all do these things in our own way, if we have the convictions to do them at all. Understanding is another matter entirely.
3. I don't know. I only have one close friend who ever seems offended by what I say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
  1. What is the cutest animal you've ever seen?
  2. Would it really be so terrible if we wiped out the majority of bugs in the world? (Please say no. I hate bugs.)
  3. From now on each year will be only eleven months. Anything scheduled to be in the month removed goes away with it. Pick a month to eliminate.
1. A newt.
2. Yes, but I wouldn't mind if the flying ones went somewhere else.
3. pass
Quote:
3. December! No more Christmas! Hurray!
no more birthday for me, either.
Quote:
1. What is the most horrible looking animal you have ever seen? Place a picture!
2. Why do you/do you not eat insects?
3. If we needed to insert a 13th month in our calendar, what would you call it?
1. I've never seen one in real life, but I think sharks are nasty looking. Sorry, no pictures today.
2. I do not eat insects. I do not like insects. I will not eat them in a boat. I will not eat them with a goat. I will not eat these insects in hand. I will not eat them, Lee I am.
3. Wackuary.
Quote:
1. I overgeneralize and polemicize in my comments.
2. I've plotted up to chapter 38 of The Uninvited Guest.
3. Human. I'm not big on this animal reincarnation idea. It's silly.
Quote:
1. Not including my sister's menagerie, I co-habitated with a couple of budgies whose names I've forgotten (though one was probably Petey, because aren't they all?), a short-haired black cat names Sam, a Siamese named Ming, a mutt named Lass, numerous forgotten tropical fish, numerous kittens (who did not live to see cathood, due to my sister's dad's famous temper),a cockerspaniel poodle named Shadow, another named Gizmo, a dog of indeterminate species named Streaker, and a butterscotch tabby cat named Snoopy, all before I moved out. Since then, I have co-habitated with a long haired cat named Trinity, a short-haired black cat named Lucky, an ginger cat named Charlie, and a long-haired black kitten named Becky. Given a choice, my home would be pet free. I have allergies. but I also have a wife who needs furballs to keep her sane.
2. Remind me to tell you later.
3. Not often enough. My desk is chaos manifest.
Quote:
1. The Late Pharoah Theory, Etcetera, and Thesis.
2. Progressive Pop.
3. Bass and vocals. I can also play guitar and can muddle on drums, but in a punk band, I'd probably play bass and sing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
1. What is the most embarassing club/society you have ever belonged to? If nothing (liar! ) then which would you join?
2. Which country in the world would you most like to visit and why in 10 words or less?
3. How many is too many?
1. The Dungeons & Dragons Club.
2. New York City (yes, it's a country all its own, trust me), because it's where my wife belongs.
3. That right there.
Quote:
1. Interactive Storyteller. Or a rock star.
2. I'm learning to work in a print shop, which has almost nothing to do with graphic design, and has even less to do with interactive storytelling or being a rock star.
3. I have enough time to finish my projects with no one interrupting me or making me feel like I should be doing something more 'responsible'.
Quote:
1. What do you want to acheive before your next significant birthday?
2. Snakes or Spiders?
3. Too hot or too cold?
1. Get an agent and sell a novel before I'm 40. that means this year.
2. I don't like spiders and snakes, and that ain't what it takes to love me, you fool.
3. Bit of both lately. Can't wait until I've adjusted to these bloody meds.
Quote:
3. Have you got any really embarrassing stories to share? If so, reveal all, if not, what would be a really embarrssing expereince for you?
1. Um, as much as I enjoy the idea of being eaten, somehow I can't quite get behind this idea. Sorry.
2. I prefer tea, but I don't disparage coffee drinkers the way I used to, having been one for a short period myself.
3. I have many embarrassing stories, none of which I'm in the mood to share today. Try me tomorrow.

1) You start your own business, and you realize you need advertising materials and a business logo for your cards and stationery. Do you:
a) design the stuff yourself?
b) get a friend to design it for you?
c) take your ideas to a print shop and have them knock it together for you?
d) actually, you know, hire a graphic designer to do it for you?
2) Do you believe it's possible for you to make a respectable living doing something that fulfills you?
3) If you thought there was even a remote chance that your work might become valuable some day, would you dedicate yourself to doing that work, regardless of monetary rewards, of would you set it aside and stick with the practical stuff?

Last edited by Lee in Limbo; 03-05-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #3073
Citizen of Bizarro World

1. e) take my ideas to a friend
2. Possible, yes. Also, unlikely. Bear in mind, I'm not even sure if managing to cash in on my doodling hobby by becoming a successful graphic novelist would be "fulfilling", per se.
3. Forget the future generations, let's talk stress, anxiety, deadliness. They're the only thing that ever actually managed to drive me towards finishing anything. Unless it has to be done, I'm not doing it. And guess what, I just realized I don't absolutely have to graduate.
________

I'm tired, do Yasdnil's

Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #3074
Failed Birthday Elf

Quote:

1. Probably some kind of meat feast/supreme/everything on top kind of thing because there's too much of me and I'm a mess! (Although there is NO TRUTH in the rumour that I cause digestion problems).

2. Tea all day long.

3. Once, in the very early stages of my relationship with my wife, but long before we were married, I called her by an ex's name in conversation! Luckily she didn't notice but I nearly died! (and probably would have done if she had noticed!)

1. Who is the best friend you never had?

2. If somebody else could be you for a day who would you allow to do it?

3. What award would you most like to win?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #3075
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
1. Who is the best friend you never had?

2. If somebody else could be you for a day who would you allow to do it?

3. What award would you most like to win?
  1. Dennis. And I burned that bridge. I'm still looking for him, not finding him, and that makes me sad. Other old friends have found me on FaceBook, but not Dennis.
  2. My boss
  3. Back-flip, obscure reference to my relationship with my dad and the film Golden Pond.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #3076
Citizen of Bizarro World

1. Not exactly old friends, as I get invites from people others tell me I knew at one point, but actually completely forgot in the meantime.
2. A heroin junkie.
3. Mathlete type shit when I was in elementary.
_____

1. How do you cope with extreme boredom?
2. Do you know how to recognize and seize the moment when you should alter your life radically, or do you choose to stick to what you know?
3. What are your thoughts on bloody revolutions?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #3077
tsa
Playing character

1. I've spent so much time in waiting rooms I know how to shut off my mind.

2. Yes, it is last year, but then the crisis hit so nothing happened.

3. I guess they're sometimes necessary to bring a better life to the people. Unfortunately, 'the people' are usually not the ones who take over power.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

1. How many Prime Ministers or Presidents has your country had since you were born?

2. What do you think of Geert Wilders?

3. What is the most 'severe' revolution that happened in your country and you experienced?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #3078
Cabbage Merchant

Send a message via MSN to HaroldO

Quote:
1. How many Prime Ministers or Presidents has your country had since you were born?

2. What do you think of Geert Wilders?

3. What is the most 'severe' revolution that happened in your country and you experienced?
1- 7 Presidents though one of them, Tancredo Neves, never took the oath as he died a day before doing so, so actually 6.

2- He could be a great character on a dystopian cyberpunk novel but in real life he just sounds like a fascist douche.

3- I was just a baby when we ended a two decade long military dictatorship and since then Brazil just keeps getting better and better in most aspects, at least in my opinion. But I didn't really experience that and was only three year old when the new constitution was ratified. So I'll choose the Plano Real (Royal Plan) a monetary reform package that reintroduced the Real (R$ or BRL) as our currency and along with a series of measures managed to stabilize our economy and controlled the inflation that at the time was arguably worst than Venezuela's today, with prices being adjusted everyday, some times more than once a day.

-----------------------------------------------------

1- If you could reunite any band, even raising the dead with a forbidden necromancy spell, which one would you reunite?

2- Would you work alone on an isolated place for a couple of year if they paid you about double of what you normally make (or think will make when you get a job)

3- If you could have an exotic kind of pet, which one would you choose?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #3079
Citizen of Bizarro World

1. Nirvana, of course.
2. No, I wouldn't trade my mind for money.
3. A Capybara.
____

1. What are some of the indicators for you that you've gone slightly off your rocker?
2. Have you met your soul mate?
3. Are you an organ donor?

Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #3080
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:

1. What are some of the indicators for you that you've gone slightly off your rocker?
2. Have you met your soul mate?
3. Are you an organ donor?

1. When I don't get enogh sleep
2. Yes
3. No........ docyors told me that I can't b/c I have had kidney stones and problems with gestational diabetes and diabetes.

1. Do you believe in "beauty is in the eye of the be holder"?
2. When was the last time you said something to someone and wished that you could take it back?
3. What is your favorite place to be?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky