You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #2141
Evil Incarnate

1. Personal computers.
2. I hate scores, and if it was up to me it would have been banned (unless it is in a database-form as IMDB is).
3. Playing time is pretty irrelevant, quality over quantity. There are certain genre specific entailments though. I'd be pretty pissed if I bought the latest and greatest RPG and I finished it in five hours, but in general I say it's not important. It all depends on if the game works in it's current state or not. Length in general isn't the factor to make or break a game by it's own, but it can be part of the problem.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

1. When was the last time you played with food, and did it involve flinging it on others?
2. When was the last time you really felt down, and how did you get back up again (not a question for anyone clinically depressed, obviously, bipolar is fine)?
3. Did any of the answers to the former two questions involve bananas, and if not, do you wish it did?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:56 AM   #2142
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
1. When was the last time you played with food, and did it involve flinging it on others?
2. When was the last time you really felt down, and how did you get back up again (not a question for anyone clinically depressed, obviously, bipolar is fine)?
3. Did any of the answers to the former two questions involve bananas, and if not, do you wish it did?
1. I never play with food.

2. Two weeks ago. I usually get back up by talking to friends and thinking about the problems I have, sorting them out in my head. Then I feel better.

3. No.

-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-[]-

1. What is more important to you in a computer/operating system: that you can use other people's stuff, or that it has the look and feel that you personally like best?

2. Yesterday the EU imposed yet another fine on Microsoft, of 899 million euros. What is your opinion about that?

3. Do you care about this stuff at all?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #2143
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

1. The latter.
2. Obviously, the EU is composed of a bunch of evil bastards. Or not, but they just don't appreciate the American way of business, which is pretty bad for someone.
3. If by "stuff", you mean news about companies being fined, then no. If you mean the questions and answers, or perhaps life in general, then yes, I do care about it.

~~~

1. After all these years, why don't people who have left Cuba just give up on seeing it ever be free?
2. Is it okay to avoid people of one's region because one simply is (rightfully so) repulsed by the people?
3. How do you feel about globalization?

Last edited by Giligan; 02-28-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #2144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
1. After all these years, why don't people who have left Cuba just give up on seeing it ever be free?
2. Is it okay to avoid people of one's region because one simply is (rightfully so) repulsed by the people?
3. How do you feel about globalization?
1. Because there's still a chance for it.
2. I guess, but I'm not really sure what situations you'd find that everyone is worth avoiding.
3. It's bound to happen, and I think it's a good thing. The more ties we make with others around the world, the less we'll want to fight each other.

+++

1. Is cash an alright present?
2. Do you like blue jeans?
3. Are cute, pretty, beautiful, and hot different levels of good looks or different sorts of good looks?
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #2145
Evil Incarnate

1. No (unless you're giving a lot of it, and to someone you know need it to pay rudimentary stuff - like students - and even then you're better off buying a present and giving some dough on the side).
2. As in dark blue denims, or? If they're denims then... sometimes, but mostly: no. Hard question.
3. Impossible to answer. All depends on context. Generally, I'd say the latter.

1. Do you get the urge to climb trees when you see really good ones (good trees to climb, that is)?
2. Do you succumb to this urge on occation?
3. Go to the window closest to your location, look out (or in, if you're outside), what's the most interesting thing you see?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
1. Do you get the urge to climb trees when you see really good ones (good trees to climb, that is)?
2. Do you succumb to this urge on occation?
3. Go to the window closest to your location, look out (or in, if you're outside), what's the most interesting thing you see?
1. I don't get much of an urge, no.
2. I haven't since I was a kid. I think since then I haven't wanted to get sap on my clothes.
3. My neighbor's bedroom window. Err, I mean the clouds.

+++

1. Can you ride a bike?
2. Can you swim?
3. Can you ride a skateboard?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #2147
tsa
Playing character

Yes, yes, and no.

qazwsxedcrfvtgbyhnujmik,ol.p;/[']\

1. How often do you feel down and depressed?

2. How often do you feel happy and content?

3. Do you think a lot about possible and real problems or do you tend to deal with problems as you encounter them?
Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #2148
Backsliding Pagan

1. How often do you feel down and depressed?

2. How often do you feel happy and content?

3. Do you think a lot about possible and real problems or do you tend to deal with problems as you encounter them?

1. Not very often. I have a well-developed sense of perspective.

2. I am a glass half-full kind of person, so I am usually pretty happy, but contentment is another issue. I am rather goal-oriented, so my challenge is to enjoy accomplishments, rather than constantly looking ahead to the next goal.

3. I'm pretty good at not borrowing trouble (as my old Irish granny used to say); on the other hand, I always have a contingency plan, in case things go awry.

1. Is there a teacher from your early education who instilled a love of a certain subject, or alternatively, caused you to fear/dislike a particular subject?

2. If you had to choose, is it more important to you to do the work you love, or make a lot of money?

3. What is your favorite dessert?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #2149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post
1. Is there a teacher from your early education who instilled a love of a certain subject, or alternatively, caused you to fear/dislike a particular subject?

2. If you had to choose, is it more important to you to do the work you love, or make a lot of money?

3. What is your favorite dessert?
1. I've pretty much forgotten all about my early teachers.
2. Work with what I love, because money doesn't mean much to me beyond getting necessities.
3. All I know is that it involves chocolate.

+++

1. How many message boards have you quit?
2. Is your forums visiting lessening?
3. Does casual chit chat make up most of your posts?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #2150
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
1. How many message boards have you quit?
2. Is your forums visiting lessening?
3. Does casual chit chat make up most of your posts?
1. Digg, Newsvine, some Myst forums... I think in total about 5 or so.

2. Not that I know of. It comes and goes.

3. Yes. I like the chit chat section here most.

1. What is your current food fetish?

2. What is your current hardware fetish?

3. What is your current non-material fetish?

Last edited by tsa; 03-03-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Water is wet
Old 03-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #2151
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. What is your current food fetish?

2. What is your current hardware fetish?

3. What is your current non-material fetish?
1. Wildberry Toaster Strudel. Mmm... Blue frosting...
2. The MacBook Pro. My wife is getting one, and I'm going to stea- er, borrow it. A lot.
3. Hmmm... That's tricky. I guess helping people? Does that count?

$1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 .00

1. How many times a day do you open a new window/tab online?
2. Aren't italics cooler than normal text?
3. Do you change the noise your IM program makes when you have a new message?
Old 03-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #2152
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. Thirty-seven.
2. NO, SILLY. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.
3. I change it so it doesn't make a noise. Status bar flashing is all I need.

(separator!)

1. What's your favourite movie sequel?
2. What's your favourite game sequel?
3. In sequels, do you prefer a direct continuation of the same story as the original, a new story set in the same universe but with different characters, or a spiritual sequel that only resembles the original in terms of style and/or theme?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #2153

1. I think I have to look that up. Aw geez, I haven't seen practically any of these. I don't know, maybe Ninja Turtles 2.
2. It's a toss up between Baldur's Gate 2 and System Shock 2. I'll have to say SS2, just for the fact that it had such an uphill battle and had to have so much of it designed from ground up while BG2 merely was a heavily tweaked immediate follow up.
3. Probably the first, although that kind of gives the developers an excuse not to do anything with it. Then again, it's often like that with any kind of sequel.

1. What's your favorite book sequel?
2. What's your favorite spin-off series?
3. What's your favorite real life event sequel?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #2154
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
1. What's your favorite book sequel?
2. What's your favorite spin-off series?
3. What's your favorite real life event sequel?
1. It's a toss up between the "White Mountain/Tripod" series and the third Harry Potter book. The 3rd Harry Potter book was, in my opinion, the very best the series had to offer, and it instantly made me love the series and pine for the next book. Then the 5th book came out which was such horrible garbage that I completely stopped caring about every last character and only read the last two to see what ended up happening, with no desire to see anyone survive. Lousy 5th book... But there I go ranting again.

2. I liked Lavern and Shirley a lot. And I'm betting a lot of people around here have no idea what that is, or what show it spun off of...

3. Eh? What's a real life event sequel? Ummm... I had a tennis match last year that was a rematch with a really good opponent and I actually won three games out of the match. That was fun. I can't wait for "part three" where I might actually win a whole set.

The following line is a separator. The names have been changed to protect the internet.

1. Have you ever liked a sequel more than the original (movie, book, etc) and if so which one?
2. Do you prefer a game sequel to be basically the same exact thing with a new story if the original was really good?
3. What is your favorite herb to use in cooking? (Or if you don't cook, just to eat in a dish?)
Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 AM   #2155
Backsliding Pagan

1. Have you ever liked a sequel more than the original (movie, book, etc) and if so which one?
2. Do you prefer a game sequel to be basically the same exact thing with a new story if the original was really good?
3. What is your favorite herb to use in cooking? (Or if you don't cook, just to eat in a dish?)

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Not crazy about the film, but loved the series.
2. I don't want the game to be the same, but I do want the characters to be consistent.
3. I used to be a big fan of rosemary, but lately, I am fond of using fennel.

1. Do you still celebrate your birthday with a party, or do you just go out for dinner and drinks with your closest friends and/or relatives?
2. Is there a film adaptation of a book that is actually as good or better than the original work? Name it.
3. Do you have a garden, and if you do, do you plant flowers, veggies and herbs, or everything?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #2156
JKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merricat View Post

1. Do you still celebrate your birthday with a party, or do you just go out for dinner and drinks with your closest friends and/or relatives?
2. Is there a film adaptation of a book that is actually as good or better than the original work? Name it.
3. Do you have a garden, and if you do, do you plant flowers, veggies and herbs, or everything?
1. My "parties" usually consist of closest friends/relatives coming over. So... Both I guess.
2. No. Never. Ever. Books FTW.
3. I do have a garden, but it's small because of lack of sunny spaces in my yard. This year I'll plant everything, but focus mainly on tomatoes (my favorite pseudo-veggie) and herbs (parsley and basil to dry at the end of the season). I love gardening, but I'm not great at it.

1. What's something you enjoy doing that honestly you suck at?
2. What's something you don't enjoy doing but are really good at?
3. Would you rather do something you didn't like but was VERY easy or something you liked to do but was extremely hard?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #2157
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
1. What's something you enjoy doing that honestly you suck at?
2. What's something you don't enjoy doing but are really good at?
3. Would you rather do something you didn't like but was VERY easy or something you liked to do but was extremely hard?
1. Usually I don't like doing things I suck at.

2. People like the websites I make. I absolutely loathe making websites so that might qualify.

3. Both have their merits but I go for the hard thing. It's always nice to have to work to achieve something.

[][][][][[]][][][][][][][][[[][][][][][][][

1. Have you heard of the movie Geert Wilders wants to show?

2. What do you think about that?

3. Do you think your government is worse than that of other countries?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #2158

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
1. Have you heard of the movie Geert Wilders wants to show?

2. What do you think about that?

3. Do you think your government is worse than that of other countries?
1. Haven't heard of it before, but I just looked it up.
2. In my experience, people with outspoken views regarding religion tend to not offer the best views.
3. It's definitely better than some, but it could learn from others.

+++

1. How do you feel about nepotism in the workplace?
2. Would you rather call or email someone?
3. What's your method of selling off things you don't anymore? (e.g. ebay, ads)
Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #2159
Backsliding Pagan

1. How do you feel about nepotism in the workplace?
2. Would you rather call or email someone?
3. What's your method of selling off things you don't anymore? (e.g. ebay, ads)

1. I feel it is frequently irritating, but a fact of life.
2. I usually email my friends to arrange a time and place to meet, mostly because I prefer to have conversations face to face, instead of on the telephone.
3. If the items are still good, we donate them to a second-hand shop, or if possible, trade them in for newer versions.

1. Do you enjoy outdoor concerts?
2. Have you ever been to a film festival?
3. How important to you is your stereo system?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #2160
kamikaze hummingbirds

1. Yeah. Especially when its half-light, and there's a nice breeze.
2. No. Wouldn't mind though.
3. I like music, but it's hardly extensive.
________

1. What's the most insane thing you would do for a loved one?
2. Who's a better role model - satirist or well-known sports personality?
3. How does the personal life of a musician reflect on your opinion of them - if it does at all?