You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #2081
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
1. To what extent do you believe in destiny?
2. To what extent do you believe in free will?
3. Would you generally consider yourself to be more deliberate or spontaneous?
1. Many things are beyond your control. If that is destiny, then so be it. (I guess the short answer is: I don't believe in destiny.)

2. I think you have the ability to change your life if you want to.

3. Deliberate. I usually think before I act.

qscguk.

1. How are you doing?

2. Are you happy with the life you lead?

3. What do you need/need to do to improve your life?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #2082
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. Today, I'm doing okay. Not sure how I'll be later, because I have some deadlines looming around the corner, but that's balanced out by the fact that I'll be going to San Francisco in a little more than a week.
2. It's a little stagnant and boring and I'm itching to get out, but I can at least make games and that's something.
3. Graduate!

1. What do you think of indie developers who sell their games?
2. Do you generally prefer mainstream or niche works of art?
3. Do you ever look back on great moments in your life and wonder if they were all a dream?
Old 02-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #2083
Game Creator Hobbyist

1. Good for them, but I'm not interested in following their lead. I might consider paying for their games, but I'll judge that decision on the same scale as any other game purchase.
2. That depends on your definitions. Is classical music a niche? How about jazz? I prefer that to mainstream pop, but within jazz I'm probably more likely to like something a bit more mainstream. (If you agree to call things like jazz bassoon and Modern Jazz Tuba Project mainstream.) In classical, my tastes are all over the place. In movies my taste is pretty mainstream, though. I'll generally prefer a romantic comedy over something that tries really hard to be "Art".
3. I don't think that has happened to me yet, no.

---

1. Do you like Astor Piazolla's music? (I do, very much.)
2. Is there a computer game genre you would like to like? (That was a strange question. I'll try to clarify it: Is there a genre that you for some reason don't enjoy playing, but (for some reason) wish that you could? I hope you get what I'm trying to ask.)
3. How much do you sleep?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 02-07-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
1. Do you like Astor Piazolla's music? (I do, very much.)
2. Is there a computer game genre you would like to like? (That was a strange question. I'll try to clarify it: Is there a genre that you for some reason don't enjoy playing, but (for some reason) wish that you could? I hope you get what I'm trying to ask.)
3. How much do you sleep?
1. I listened to Zero Hour, and I liked it.
2. Not really. The closest I get is with strategy games because I'm bad at them, but I still like to try them.
3. About seven hours weekdays, but I prefer eight.

======-----------=======

1. If you bump into a parked car with your own, would you flee the scene or leave a note?
2. Would you go to a high school reunion?
3. What kind of art do you like around your home?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #2085
Unreliable Narrator

1. Depends how big of a dent I made. I'd make like a tree and get out of there if it was barely noticeable.
2. Hell yeah! I wanna see who got married and/or pregnant... and also go around telling people that I invented Post-It notes.
3. Funky, surrealist stuff, as well as posters for my favourite movies and games.

1. How often do you tend to need a haircut?
2. Do you prefer your juice with or without pulp, and why?
3. What do you think of Comic Sans?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #2086
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
1. How often do you tend to need a haircut?
2. Do you prefer your juice with or without pulp, and why?
3. What do you think of Comic Sans?
  1. I need it every 3 months, but tend to go longer.
  2. I only drink juice I squeeze myself, so whatever comes with that is good. The soluable fiber is in the juice, not the pulp.
  3. It's legible, so I don't mind reading it, but I don't use it.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #2087
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specksie View Post
  1. What's up with these people whose normal text font is all italic or bold? Or all large and pink? What do they do when they need emphasis beyond that?
  2. When a stranger strikes up a conversation with you, do you find it easy to converse, or do you feel uncomfortable and beg off?
  3. Do you sing in the car?
1. They probably want to make themselves distinct from other posters. Like wearing only bow ties or fuschia coloured hair. I will not answer the latter 2 questions because it's supposed to be only 3 questions total.

2. Very easily today (as opposed to when I was much younger, I was incredibly shy then). Often times I surprise them with my depth, candor, and intelligence. Most people strike up conversations just out of courtesy or politeness when in truth they don't give a shit about what you have to say. Well, I do give a shit about what I say and about what they truly would want to say but are too caught up in courtesy and politeness to do so. Why not actually listen? Sometimes epiphanies or life altering knowledge is passed on to you by way of conversation with a stranger.

3. I wouldn't know. I don't own a car and thus don't drive.

------------------------

1. Are you more declarative (Plato) or inquisitive (Socrates)?

2. What is the most recent news reportage you've read/seen/heard that compelled you to stop and think about the state of the world?

3. Which article of clothing in your wardrobe to you wear because it gives you a certain psychological effect?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 02-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #2088
Unreliable Narrator

1. Would the latter require me to answer in the form of a question?
2. A friend showed me an article entitled Why I am an abortion doctor, and to be honest, I can't argue with it at all. However, I do wonder what kind of a society we've come to live in where giving birth to a child is seen as a life-ruining event rather than a miraculous one.
3. The t-shirts with witty sayings on them would fit this criteria.

1. Are your parents still together? If so, for how long, and if not, how long did they stay together?
2. Is it okay to ask multiple questions on a single line if they're for clarification purposes, i.e. as a ruse to stop people from answering with a single "yes" or "no"?
3. List every language you can at least vaguely understand. (Note that programming languages also count.)

Last edited by Squinky; 02-08-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #2089
Lazy Bee

Quote:
1. Are your parents still together? If so, for how long, and if not, how long did they stay together?
2. Is it okay to ask multiple questions on a single line if they're for clarification purposes, i.e. as a ruse to stop people from answering with a single "yes" or "no"?
3. List every language you can at least vaguely understand. (Note that programming languages also count.)
1. My parents are going on 46 (I think) years together now. They're both retired from work and enjoy life the way I hope to enjoy my old age.

2. Yes it is.

3. Besides my native language I can understand: english, norwegian, danish (almost), french (not much anymore I'm afraid), german (enough to manage as a tourist and having some easy converstaion)

----------

1. From what age do children in you country recieve marks/grades in school?
2. Do you agree with that age?
3. Were you satisfied with the gratingscale/scale of marks when you went to compulsory school? (Or if you're currently at school, are you satisfied with them?)
Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #2090
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
1. Yes. They've been married since 1961 and are likely to stay together until one of them dies.
2. Yes, I think so.
3. I'm more or less fluent in Swedish and English. I can understand German to some extent and express myself on a very basic level. Spanish and French I can understand very vaguely. Norwegian and Danish I can understand more or less despite not having studied them, depending on who's doing the talking, since those languages are related to Swedish. Music doesn't count, I assume?
Programming languages I can understand… C, C++, Basic, Sludge, Inform 6, Inform 7 (they really are different languages), PHP. (Here I only included languages I have studied at least a bit. I imagine I could understand some others if I had to. Many languages share the same general concepts.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
1. From what age do children in you country recieve marks/grades in school?
2. Do you agree with that age?
3. Were you satisfied with the gratingscale/scale of marks when you went to compulsory school? (Or if you're currently at school, are you satisfied with them?)
1. I'm not sure. Is it still 13? I know there's been talk about lowering it, but I haven't paid enough attention to that debate. (I don't have any children of my own.)
2. Yes. It's a bad idea to lower it. (Or no, if it's been lowered.)
3. Yes. The 1-5 scale made sense.

---

1. What language would you like to learn? (Computer or human, verbal or not. That doesn't matter.)
2. What's your relation to cows? (No, I'm not asking for a description on how different mammals are related to each other.)
3. Do you use different identities on the internet?

Last edited by Trumgottist; 02-08-2008 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added answers to Jelena's questions. They were posted while I was typing my post.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #2091

Quote:
1. What language would you like to learn? (Computer or human, verbal or not. That doesn't matter.)
2. What's your relation to cows? (No, I'm not asking for a description on how different mammals are related to each other.)
3. Do you use different identities on the internet?
1. French.
2. I sometimes eat them.
3. Yeah, I tend to get tired of the names I choose. I also vary things based on who's going to be reading my posts.

-=-=-

1. Does knowing that magic is fake make it less fun to watch?
2. Do you make sure your breath smells good?
3. Have you given up certain types of food?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #2092
Unreliable Narrator

1. Actually, the most fun things to watch are the shows that give in-depth explanations as to how elaborate stage magic is performed. I don't know. I think I've seen so many special effects in my life that they just aren't all that special anymore.
2. I try, but not obsessively so.
3. I'll only give up foods completely if I don't like the taste. I will, however, reduce the frequency of eating certain foods if eating too much of them makes me feel icky afterwards.

1. Name a song that you know all the words to but don't necessarily like very much.
2. To what extent are you impressed by special effects?
3. How do you react to nudism? (Note that I don't mean of the pr0n variety, but more like people just wandering around naked with no sexual intent whatsoever, thinking it completely normal.)
Old 02-09-2008, 04:03 PM   #2093

1. The Happy Birthday song.
2. I'm more likely to complain about their unrealistic look than be impressed. But I can still be impressed by them.
3. I guess it would depend on the person. Good looking girls, no problem. I suppose I'd put on my figure drawing mindset for others, because I can deal with that.

+++

1. Is the availability of organic food important to you?
2. Are you happy with the food stores near you?
3. Is there a good international restaurant offering in your neighborhood?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:37 PM   #2094
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

1. Not particularly. I don't do much cooking, and those who do here tend to use them all the time, (and read the magazines on people who do the same thing) so I don't need to.
2. Absolutely, as again, I don't do much of it or use them myself.
3. Not in my neighborhood. There's the the usual Mexican and Chinese fare, but actual exotic restaurants tend to be rare in this culturally-deprived area. (rhyming goodness...) The largest town in the area is getting a Japanese steakhouse soon, though, and I look forward to that with much anticipation.

~~~

1. If the AG Community Band is getting a resurgence, should I try to learn an instrument, or provide the audience?
2. How hard is it to learn to play the piano (or keyboard)?
3. Growing up, did you find your life boring? As in, excruciatingly boring?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #2095

1. Being part of the band is funner.
2. I play piano, and I'd say it's easier to get good at it than other instruments (unless you count something like the triangle). If you're a good typer, that'll help out. Then it's a matter of practicing enough to memorize notes to keys, and where those keys are in relation to your fingers.
3. No, video games kept my mind busy.

+++

1. How easy it to get you to buy a music CD?
1. How easy it to get you to buy a movie?
1. How easy it to get you to buy a video game?
Old 02-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #2096
kamikaze hummingbirds

All the 1s. If I want it, and I feel that I have sufficient money (sufficient meaning I'll still have a substantial sum, having bought it) it's very simple.

-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-=+-[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]

1. Is it normal to be jealous of the guys who have cars - even when you're not particularly bothered about having one?
2. Conventions in music - helpful or restricting?
3. Do you believe in numerology?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:56 AM   #2097
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
1. Is it normal to be jealous of the guys who have cars - even when you're not particularly bothered about having one?
2. Conventions in music - helpful or restricting?
3. Do you believe in numerology?
1. Ask someone that's normal. I don't really see why you are jealous about something you're not interested in, though. Take a look at what you do have instead.
2. Helpful, as long as you keep an open mind to different conventions and other possibilities.
3. No. Why should I?

---

1. When do you feel really good about yourself?
2. Have you worked towards a goal to get where you are today, or have things simply happened?
3. What's the colour of your curtains?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #2098
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

1. I'm not sure that I ever feel really good about myself, and I'm not entirely sure that I'd want to anyway. Room to improve is a good motivator.
2. I had a goal to get into Oxford, so in that sense I've worked towards it, but I'd guess that lots - if not most - of the other things in my life have been the product of chance and such.
3. At home they're green and blue, at college they're a faded red.

Same questions.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #2099

Quote:
1. When do you feel really good about yourself?
2. Have you worked towards a goal to get where you are today, or have things simply happened?
3. What's the colour of your curtains?
1. When I accomplish something or have fun.
2. Things have only happened so far, but I'm starting to make things happen now.
3. White.

+++

1. What's your favorite amusement park?
2. How often do you wake up with a bug bite?
3. Do you dress to look successful monetarily?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #2100
Treasure Hunter

1. It doesn't exist.
2. I don't know. Honestly.
3. ...I'm gonna go with "no" and hope I got it right.

<hr>

1. What is the longest name you can spell correctly?
2. What is the weirdest book you've ever read?
3. What was it about?

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey