You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal
  1. Do you have any selfish friends?
  2. Have you ever had a fire during a burn ban?
  3. What is your favorite color?
1. They're not nearly as selfish as I think I am.
2. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU JUST SAID LITTLE DUDE BUT I LIKE IT!!!1
3. Blue

one single minus sign because you get the idea. though I look forward to the day these separations are no longer necessary for this thread... or not... maybe for the sake of style....

1. What's the highest you've ever climbed? Walking up a steep incline doesn't count. I'm talking about climbing with hands and feet.
2. What's the furthest you've ever fallen accidentally?
3. What would you wear (to prevent death by freezing) if you could fly?

"There is currently no reliable method for determining the age of narwhal."

01-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #2022

1. I guess the highest I've climbed was some rope in gym class. I don't remember how high I went, but thinking back it seems like a liability for the school.
2. That happened while I was skiing and I had too much speed going off a jump. I missed the landing, and had to suck it up with my legs and a backcheck. It might've been a bit more than five feet.
3. Thermal underwear, fleece shirt and pants, windproof outer shell, gloves, beanie, shoes, facemask, and goggles.

---

1. How loud do you laugh?
2. What activity did you choose for gym class?
3. What do you have more of: games, music, or movies?

01-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #2023
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
1. How loud do you laugh?
2. What activity did you choose for gym class?
3. What do you have more of: games, music, or movies?
  1. In decibles? I'll go get my sound pressure meter and will report post haste!
  2. Shower
  3. Music

01-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #2024
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

1. Bagpipes!
2. Shower.
3. I'd rather just cuddle. I'm no fun.

1. How comfortable are you with sharing details of your sex life on public forums?
2. What was the worst part of puberty for you?
3. How did you first learn about the birds and the bees?

01-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #2025
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky
3. I'd rather just cuddle. I'm no fun.
Hehe, me too.

Quote:
1. How comfortable are you with sharing details of your sex life on public forums?
1. I'm a bit of a Samantha Jones from Sex and the City, I'm pretty much happy to share anything. Though I probably wouldn't volunteer "that man has the funkiest tasting spunk!" I'm still an Englishman and have to retain some decorum.
2. Hmm, probably that point when you're 13, you've realised you like boys, and you're desperately wrestling with this. You find yourself at school, it's a P.E. lesson, you're in the changing rooms of the swimming pool. Boys are naked all around you, it's all you can think of, curiosity gets so strong, at that moment you don't even bother to justify what you're about to do. You look, furtively glancing around, eyes darting from groin to groin, your mind filled with nothing but thoughts of what each one was packing. Then horror, you have an erection in your swim shorts. Abject fear, what if anyone notices? You will be mercilessly mocked, and someone might even discover your dirty secret! You escape this time, but each week until you leave school, swimming will represent a time of dread, for fear that incident might repeat, and you might not be so fortunate. lol.
3. I was about 9 or 10, my friend looked up 'sex' in the dictionary at school, it was very enlightening. Although according to my mother she explained it to me at an earlier age. Apparently I did that thing that children do about asking where babies come from, so she told me with the aid of a sex ed book, which I then proceeded to show the pictures from to my nonagenarian Great Grandmother, quite offending her sensibilities in the process, hehe. I don't remember any of that though.

Quote:

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

01-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #2026

1. It's not something I'd normally bring up, because I never know who I'm talking with.
2. I don't recall anything bad. If my shyness came with it, then that.
3. I don't remember.

-=-

1. Do you think rats are gross?
2. Are you aware of how your home smells to others?
3. How tired are you after a day of work or school?

01-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #2027
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi
1. Do you think rats are gross?
2. Are you aware of how your home smells to others?
3. How tired are you after a day of work or school?
1. Not as such. I think pidgeons are more gross than rats actually. They carry deseases and actually look for humans instead of shying away from them normally.

2. Yes, it smells like damp earth because of all the plants.

3. That depends more on how I felt when I woke up in the morning then on how hard I actually worked.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1. If you found out that your kid had done something very bad, like steal a car, would you turn her in?

2. Do you like your kid(s)?

3. Do you think your kids are smarter than you, or are they dumber Why?

01-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #2028
Unreliable Narrator

1. Absolutely. They need to experience the consequences of their actions.
2. If I had kids, I'm pretty sure I'd love them unconditionally. And if not, well, then I wouldn't ever want to have kids, because no child deserves to live with parents who don't love them.
3. I would hope that they'd be smarter than me, because I deserve to be pwned.

1. At what point does a human life officially begin?
2. What is your stance on abortion?
3. How do your answers to #1 and #2 affect one another?

01-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #2029
JKR

Quote:
1) The moment the sperm hits the egg and begins the process. If you leave that process be, it WILL become a human being. I don't see why there's any debate about that.
2) I disagree with it. I can put my feelings on the subject aside and understand why women who are raped would desire to go that route, but frankly people who get pregnant accidentally have no right in the slightest, as it was their decision to have sex in the first place. It's now called responsibility, not choice. You already made your choice. I very much dislike these people's actions, snuffing out a life after they knew the consequences but went ahead anyway.
3) I think that's a pretty obvious answer, reading the above.

1. What is a good ratio of deep, meaningful questions vs. light hearted ones?
2. Do you dislike religion (note: not faith, but the religious practices of human beings)?
3. Do you dislike faith (note: not religion)?

01-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #2030
Lovable rogue

Quote:
1. Some point between conception and birth. It's not one of those questions that can be answered definitely, so it's not something I've bothered to ponder extensively. I don't think a ball of of cells the size of a pinhead is a human life, at that point it has more in common with an amoeba than a person. One cannot, however, pinpoint an exact moment that that life comes to be.
2. I'm all in favour of abortion, in fact I think more people should have abortions. I can't understand why a teenage pregnancy case would choose to ruin her life by having a baby, instead of just terminating it. I don't think that life is as special as people like to make it out to be, let alone the life of something that hasn't even been born. I don't make a distinction between having an abortion, and not getting pregnant at all, at the stage at which you are having an abortion you are only removing potential. A foetus has as much comprehension of its existence, as something which doesn't exist at all. I'm not really convinced about timelines on abortions either, I'd let people have abortions after giving birth. At that early stage, if nobody wants the baby, there's no harm in disposing of it.
3. They don't, I think sentience is more important than just the nature of being human life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR
1. What is a good ratio of deep, meaningful questions vs. light hearted ones?
2. Do you dislike religion (note: not faith, but the religious practices of human beings)?
3. Do you dislike faith (note: not religion)?
1. Over all 1:1 Balance is good.
2. I hate religion. It annoys me so much. It's such a load of utter nonsense, yet people waste their lives believing in it. People follow doctrine rather than bothering to think, it drives them to persecute others, mutilate themselves, hate those who don't follow their beliefs, and all in the name of some being which doesn't exist.
3. I have no problem with faith, faith just means belief. Some people have faith that their wives won't cheat on them, some have faith that Xenu infected them which thetans. The thing to take issue with is the reasoning behind the faith.

1.) Why is society so opposed to suicide?
2.) Are you / do you expect to be more successful than your parents?
3.) Should society be less tolerant of people's right to be offended?

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

01-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #2031
Unreliable Narrator

1. What are you talking about? I doubt society could care less about me committing suicide. (Sure, certain special people would care, which is one good reason to stay alive, but society as a whole would be pretty much indifferent. In fact, sometimes I feel like it would rather be rid of people like me.)
2. You'd first have to define "success". I probably won't make more money than them, and I probably won't be happily married in like three years (and stay that way for at least twenty-five more), if that's what you mean.
3. *gasp* Well, I never!

1. Do you feel any current incentive to change the society in which you live? Why/why not?
2. Generally speaking, how do you feel about change?
3. How much change are you carrying right now?

01-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #2032
Lovable rogue

Quote:
1. What are you talking about? I doubt society could care less about me committing suicide. (Sure, certain special people would care, which is one good reason to stay alive, but society as a whole would be pretty much indifferent. In fact, sometimes I feel like it would rather be rid of people like me.)
No, no, not you personally, you pompous swine!

01-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #2033
JKR

Quote:

1. Do you feel any current incentive to change the society in which you live? Why/why not?
2. Generally speaking, how do you feel about change?
3. How much change are you carrying right now?
1) I generally feel incentive to change the entire world, not simply my own society. However as a part of the world, my society needs to be part of that change. As for why, it's because I think it could be better. So, so much better. Like not having people starving to death while others live in mansions and throw $100,000 parties every other week.
2) Good change is good, bad change isn't so good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say bad change is bad. Yes, I went there.
3) None. I don't carry change.

------------------------------------

1. Have you ever chewed on tin foil?
2. What is your proudest moment?
3. What is your proudest moment today?

01-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #2034
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR
1. Have you ever chewed on tin foil?
2. What is your proudest moment?
3. What is your proudest moment today?
  1. Oh god, I did that accidentally with a burrito last week, and boy did it hurt (but I think I received some transmissions from Tierra del Fuego in the experience).
  2. The divorce.
  3. Telling my boss, once again, that it doesn't work that way.

01-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #2035
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal
  1. Do you know more than your boss/teacher does about your job/subject?
  2. Have you ever worn shorts and a t-shirt in freezing cold weather? (and if so, why?)
  3. Have you ever "tea-bagged" something, and if so, what and why?
1. No, I only know about how to make the stuff that other people in my group do measurements on. That's difficult enough as it is.

2. No, I'd freeze. Some of my colleagues do, however.

3. You mean, like, a kitten or something?

'

1. What would be the most difficult thing to cope with if you suddenly found yourself in the world of your favourite adventure?

2. Do you like playing 'real' games with friends? (Like Monopoly).

3. How do you justify your existence?

01-25-2008, 06:20 PM   #2036

1. Being a mean pirate.
2. Yes. I think they're funner than multiplayer video games.
3. I don't. I'm just happy to be.

---

Have you ever worked with someone you though might come in shooting someday?
Do you think creating an asteroid defense system is important?
Does it bum you that you most likely won't be visiting other planets?

01-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #2037
Game Creator Hobbyist

No.

---

1. How much does the weather affect your mood?
2. Have you ever known anyone that you thought might come in shooting someday? (I haven't.)
3. What are your hobbies?

01-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #2038
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist
1. How much does the weather affect your mood?
2. Have you ever known anyone that you thought might come in shooting someday? (I haven't.)
3. What are your hobbies?
1. The sun makes me happier than I usually am, unless it's over 25 degrees. Rain doesn't affect me much unless it goes on for days on end.

2. I've seen some weird people in my life so maybe, yes. There is one person whom I think might do that.

3. I like playing adventure games (obviously), reading, writing (although I don't do that so often anymore), and browsing the Interweb. And I love talking to my fan

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-;-:-:-:-:-:

I can't think of better questions so I pass on Trumgottist's.

01-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #2039
The Major Grubert.

<This week, the 'tsa' character will be played by 'not a speck of cereal', as 'tsa' neglected to ask questions>
  1. Are you a youtube-aholic?
  2. Do you clean your cats box more than twice a week? (Be honest now!)
  3. Are you looking forward to this weeks LOST premier?

01-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #2040

1. Most of the time no, but I'll have moments where I like checking out various things.
2. I only have a dog. I take him out three or four times a day, have him washed maybe once every two months.
3. No, I've never watched it. But I am looking forword to the new episode of No Reservations.

---

1. What media player do you use on your computer?
2. Are you good at keeping a beat?
3. Is brushing and flossing your teeth a chore for you?