Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Which Shows Do You Watch On TV? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17966-shows-do-you-watch-tv.html)

Fearless 11-29-2006 11:58 PM

Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

Hi, was wondering what you guys watch on TV, I myself watch the following:

lost - everyone knows this one i guess

heroes - great new show, i love it

poker - i try to catch as many pokergames on tv as possible

So, which shows do you watch? :)

MoriartyL 11-30-2006 05:11 AM

Heroes (but you knew that already, didn't you?), Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and, um, Gilmore Girls. [hides]

kuze 11-30-2006 05:15 AM

I think you just replied to spam.

MoriartyL 11-30-2006 05:48 AM

Hey, can't you see I'm not here! I'm not here!

Fearless 11-30-2006 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze (Post 368743)
I think you just replied to spam.

why? 0o

Sage 11-30-2006 07:22 AM

Lost is the only regular network program I watch.

However, I watch tons of different things on The History Channel, The Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, and sundry other special-interest cable channels.

I also watch the "Brit-Coms" on PBS, which include but are not limited to:
Are You Being Served?
Chef!
Fawlty Towers
Good Neighbors
(AKA The Good Life)
Keeping Up Appearances
Monty Python's Flying Circus
That's My Boy
To The Manner Born
The Vicar Of Dibley
Waiting For God

Jazhara7 11-30-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 368771)
I also watch the "Brit-Coms" on PBS, which include but are not limited to:

Monty Python's Flying Circus

*glomps* I luv you...

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hammerite 11-30-2006 08:25 AM

is Spaced any good?
i'm athinkin o gettin teh dvds

Dasilva 11-30-2006 09:05 AM

-Americas Next Top Model
-Will & Grace
-Desperate Housewives
-Green Acres
-Scrubs
-Are You Being Served?
-Dr. Quin Medicine Woman
-Less Than Perfect

Thats pretty much it.

Giligan 11-30-2006 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, I also have a few shows that I've taken a liking to:

Shark
CSI: Miami
Lost
Jericho
Amazing Race 10
and... Survivor

Watching anything is a waste of time, so I'm trying to stay away from it all.

Jazhara7 11-30-2006 09:31 AM

Oh, the shows I like are:

- House M.D.
- Crossing Jordan
- Monk
- Columbo
- Navy CIS
- CSI: Miami
- Golden Girls (What?! Don't look at my like that!)
- Gilmore Girls
- Two and a Half Men
- Simpsons
- Seven Days
- Scrubs
- Murder She Wrote

And that's all I can think of right now.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Once A Villain 11-30-2006 09:33 AM

http://redsox.collider.com/uploads/i...me_hbo_dvd.jpg

In my opinion, the best show on television right now. Season 2 begins soon.

I'm not much of a TV fan, but Rome has the production values and cinematic qualities I appreciate in film, and which are rare in the television world. Plus, this series is a great lead in to one of the best miniseries ever: I, Claudius. In Rome, Julius Ceasar is the top dog and Augustus Ceasar is a boy. I, Claudius begins when Augustus is a man.

Besides, I love ancient civilizations and I adore history... Anyone with any interest in the Roman Empire should enjoy this series. However, it is extremely violent and there is a great deal of sex and other crudity (a severed "large phallus" is a spoil of war, for instance).

kuze 11-30-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 368758)
why? 0o

I guess, because your overall postcount and the word "poker" in your post. Bots don't usually reply though, so I take back my accusation.

Anyway, I'm currently watching Deadwood and I quite like it.

Lucien21 11-30-2006 11:30 AM

Current TV Shows

- Prison Break
- Heroes
- NCIS
- Standoff
- Bones
- Criminal Minds
- Lost
- Smallville
- Supernatural
- Battlestar Galactica
- Numb3rs

Maquisard 11-30-2006 11:44 AM

Heroes
Lost
Smallville
Battlestar Galactica
Eureka
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek Remastered

Dasilva 11-30-2006 12:28 PM

Ah yes how could I forget Star Trek Voyager, one of my gems. :)

MoriartyL 11-30-2006 02:48 PM

Voyager's also one of my favorites, and I look forward to the next season of 24. But I thought we were talking only about shows being released now. (Star Trek: TOS fits that requirement, Voyager doesn't.)

Jazhara7 11-30-2006 03:03 PM

Oooh, I also forgot Star Trek: Voyager. I really love it.

And I mentioned "Columbo" and "Golden Girls", which I think don't really count as "recent".

Squinky 11-30-2006 03:16 PM

I don't watch much recent TV myself. Don't really have much of an attention span for most series. I just tend to pick out one or two episodes of my favourite cartoons.

And "Golden Girls" is awesome.

Melanie68 11-30-2006 05:24 PM

My attention span for TV sucks too. :P I'm wathcing Heroes and Lost. I shouldn't be watching Lost because I started in Season 3. I have the first two seasons on DVD but haven't gotten around to catching up. It's still fun though. Maybe it's a good thing because I don't feel as frustrated as long time fans.

I am also an HGTV junkie right now. I love watching the real estate shows - House Hunters is my favorite of those. Especially when they have the House Hunters International. It's so cool to see houses and apartments in other countries. Designed to Sell is fun too. I love the remodel shows too. Divine Design with Candice Olson especially rocks but I also love the ones where they either have a limited budget (Design on a Dime) or they use what you have already (Free Style).

:)

SCRUGAtes13 11-30-2006 07:01 PM

the only programmes i really bother sitting down to watch (prefferably with supper) are the simpsons and malcolm in the middle. the writing in these shows is unrivaled.

lumi 11-30-2006 07:35 PM

Top Chef
Iron Chef America
No Reservations
football

I guess I like food and sports.

bulldog 11-30-2006 07:53 PM

I watch

Robot Chicken
Boston Legal
Scrubs
Lost
ER
CSI
South Park
Drawn Together
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar
Hauntings
Ghost Hunters

Aj_ 11-30-2006 08:55 PM

I only watch one UK drama, the majority of the UK TV programmes I watch are comedy quiz shows like HIGNFY, QI, Mock the Week, etc... and documentaries like the amazing Planet Earth, also Horizon, Panorama, Dispatches but many are one-off (like Stephen Fry - The Secret Life Of The Manic Depressive). Comedy on channel 4, Bremner, Bird, and Fortune is my favourite one.

Battlestar Galactica
Bones
Brotherhood
C.S.I. (Vegas, NY, Miami)
ER
House
Lost
Prison Break
Rescue Me
Spooks
Stargate SG1 & Atlantis
Veronica Mars (best drama this season)
Weeds

Blade and Deadwood got cancelled after they were finished. I really hope Top Gear starts soon.

Erwin_Br 12-01-2006 02:31 AM

I don't follow shows on TV, because I usually don't have time to sit down at appointed times. That's where *cough*bittorrent*cough* comes in :shifty:

Anyway, shows that I'm currently watching:

- X-Files season 6
- Seinfeld season 2
- Deep Space Nine season 3
- Colombo (the old 70's episodes)
- Family Guy season 5

--Erwin

Jelena 12-01-2006 02:42 AM

I watch
Lost
CSI (all of them)
Medium
House

And Emmerdale. Yes I know..... It's beacuse of the great accent.....Don't rub it in my face

Tobbe 12-01-2006 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 369042)
And Emmerdale. Yes I know..... It's beacuse of the great accent.....Don't rub it in my face

That´s nothing to be ashamed of, I watch it too, not regulary, but now and then! ;)

AFGNCAAP 12-01-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 368968)
I shouldn't be watching Lost because I started in Season 3. I have the first two seasons on DVD but haven't gotten around to catching up.

So. Wrong.
Melanie

Pay a visit to Lacuna, Inc. and start over from the beginnning. ;)

samIamsad 12-01-2006 03:33 AM

Most of the shows I used to watch regularly are from my childhood. ALF, Mork&Mindy, tons of cartoon series, and so on. The only show I watched after that was Married With Children, and I seriously! need! to do! that! again (the upteenth re-run is being broadcasted right now..). :D

I'm not really into shows at all... Al Bundy is God himself, though.

colpet 12-01-2006 04:50 AM

I watch very little TV, and then it's usually HGTV too.:)
Quote:

I am also an HGTV junkie right now. I love watching the real estate shows - House Hunters is my favorite of those. Especially when they have the House Hunters International. It's so cool to see houses and apartments in other countries. Designed to Sell is fun too. I love the remodel shows too. Divine Design with Candice Olson especially rocks but I also love the ones where they either have a limited budget (Design on a Dime) or they use what you have already (Free Style).
I like the design shows and the gardening ones.
I watch Lost, but on DVD, therefore I'm always a year behind.

Jazhara7 12-01-2006 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samIamsad (Post 369053)
Most of the shows I used to watch regularly are from my childhood. ALF, Mork&Mindy, tons of cartoon series, and so on. The only show I watched after that was Married With Children, and I seriously! need! to do! that! again (the upteenth re-run is being broadcasted right now..). :D

I'm not really into shows at all... Al Bundy is God himself, though.

Me too!

I got the whole "Ulysses 31" on DVD from France. Only in french, sadly (well, duh.) One day I will get the English or German version, once they decide to publish them. Also, I am working on getting together all the DVDs of "Captain Future".

Ah, those were the times. Space/Science Fiction cartoons were awesome!

Also, I have some other series I have to get. The "Once upon a Time..." series were great (namely "Once upon a time...Man", "Once upon a Time...Life" and "Once upon a Time...The Americas". The others I didn't see much of), the Ghostbusters (with the Gorilla, Tracey), He-Man (the original, not the newer series. I'll never forgive them for reducing Queen Marlena to an even smaller role - That woman was a bloody Astronaut from Earth, dammit! She kicked Skeletors rear!), The Raccoons, In 80 Days around the World (with Willy Fogg), and many, many more.

Oh, and I'm also getting together all DVDs of "M*A*S*H"

SCRUGAtes13 12-01-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 368983)
I watch

Robot Chicken
Boston Legal
Scrubs
Lost
ER
CSI
South Park
Drawn Together
Stargate Atlantis
Battlestar
Hauntings
Ghost Hunters

there was one point where south park was on all night long, i wish i was back to those days.

Erwin_Br 12-01-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 368983)
Drawn Together

Oh yeah, I saw the first season of that show. Was quite amusing, actually! :D Is season 2 any good?

--Erwin

omloflump 12-01-2006 09:34 PM

In my view, The Office (UK) is the greatest piece of television ever spooled. Well, that in itself is no great achievement, but the show certainly is — though some might disagree on the basis that they don't like The Beatles either.

Cheerio!

LeisureSuitedLooney 12-02-2006 04:53 AM

Heroes (sooooo cool!!)

Prison Break (but I'm finding it to be ridiculously over-the-top this season)

Ugly Betty (funny as hell)

Grey's Anatomy (I have a crush on Izzie)

Numbers

Medium

The Office (NBC version)

Scrubs

Desperate Housewives

bulldog 12-02-2006 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCRUGAtes13
there was one point where south park was on all night long, i wish i was back to those days.

Yeah, my husband and I stayed up and watched it….. The next day we were both exhausted but the show was great. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Oh yeah, I saw the first season of that show. Was quite amusing, actually! :D Is season 2 any good?

--Erwin

Well they pushed the envelope a little more which is always good,:D but some of the episodes were ok. But over all it was a good season.

Jatsie 12-02-2006 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7;
Oh, the shows I like are:
- Golden Girls
- Murder She Wrote

Oooh, someone else who likes those shows, I have the DVDs, lets have a party! :D

Melanie68 12-02-2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP (Post 369051)
So. Wrong.
Melanie

Pay a visit to Lacuna, Inc. and start over from the beginnning. ;)

OW!! I'll catch up, I promise. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by colpet (Post 369067)
I watch very little TV, and then it's usually HGTV too.:)

I like the design shows and the gardening ones.

The gardening shows are cool too. Especially Gardening by the Yard.

Squinky 12-02-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 369401)
Oooh, someone else who likes those shows, I have the DVDs, lets have a party! :D

*marks it down in her calendar*

Davies 12-04-2006 07:37 AM

I really, really wanted to like Lost, but after the first two episodes I was so fed up that I've never seen any more. I thought it was supposed to be essentially realistic with surreal twists, but it was just comic book and soap opera.

These are the programs I thought were worth marking for myself in the TV listings this week, in chronological order. I've only just noticed that all but one are BBC programmes! These are just the contenders from the five terrestrial channels, since that's all I look at in the listings to mark ahead of time.

You've Been Framed (sorry, everyone)
Antiques Roadshow
Planet Earth
Trauma
Have I Got News for You
Heston Blumenthal: In Search of Perfection
The Brain Hospital
Look Around You
Super Vets
Big Cat Diary
Outtake TV
QI

I'll watch Columbo whenever it comes on, and pretty much anything medical, as long as it's proper medical and not human-interest stuff. And I watch way more SpongeBob than is good for me.

I also like The Wiggles and The Upside-Down Show, even though I'm about 40 years older than their target audience.

I also end up seeing a lot of CSI, Law and Order, and Cold Case, because Colin watches them several times a week (well, several times a day if he can). I don't pay a lot of attention, but I am in the room while they're on.

I also catch I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue on the radio whenever I can.