You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 07:22 AM   #121

I just got season 1 & 2 of Dead like Me, loving it.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #122
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
I just got season 1 & 2 of Dead like Me, loving it.
You should get the movie when you're finished with the show - it just got released on DVD a few weeks ago. It's basically a longer episode, Rube is no longer a part of the reaper crew, and Laura Harris got replaced with Sarah Wynter. Shame, really, I looove Laura. Also, the plot is boring, and George is way too old to play an 18-year-old.

Still, they kept the basic message of the show: enjoy your life while you can. Which is why the movie is still worth watching.

Last edited by kuze; 02-14-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #123
Psychonaut

I was slightly dissapointed in the movie. The sub plot with the sister definatly worked, but the rest of it was a tad lame.

It just wasn't the same without Mandy (Rube) and Laura (the new girl wasn't very good).

Overall I did enjoy it, but it should have been better.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #124
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I watched the first episode of Dollhouse a few hours ago. I've been waiting for a new Joss Whedon show for so long, I was afraid this couldn't live up to expectations. But I was absolutely wrong. Everything about this show is fascinating, and I've never seen anything like it before.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #125
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Heroes (continues again soon, wee!)
I don't know why, but Heroes is such a bad series now.
I think I will stop watching after this spring, the plot doesn't make any sense anymore.

The original main script writer returned to the series now, but the season airing now is already including his handwriting and it doesn't look good...

I haven't checked Dollhouse yet, but I will soon. I have very high hopes for it.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #126
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
I don't know why, but Heroes is such a bad series now.
The first series was really good, but I wish it had ended there because it was a genuinely good ending and they (since I last watched it) seem to just be rambling on and on unfortunately.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #127
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
The first series was really good, but I wish it had ended there because it was a genuinely good ending and they (since I last watched it) seem to just be rambling on and on unfortunately.
Agreed.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #128
The Reggienator

Yes the first season was awesome. It would be a legendary series if it would've just end there. Now it's just like any other show on tv.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #129
Homer of Kittens

The only 2 shows I am watching right now on TV are LOST and HEROES.

HEROES was my favorite show in season 1, but after season 2 started, it all went downhill. Now it is just an average to mediocre show.

LOST on the other hand keeps getting better and better I am so excited to know what happens next. JJ Abrams is sure proving himself as one of the best producers out there.

Firefox rules
Old 02-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #130
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 View Post
LOST on the other hand keeps getting better and better I am so excited to know what happens next. JJ Abrams is sure proving himself as one of the best producers out there.
Seconded.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #131
Not like them!

Speaking of J.J. Abrams, I just finished Alias. (Very good show, though not amazing.) So now I've seen every episode so far of all four shows J.J. Abrams created or co-created.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #132
The Reggienator

Little bit sidetracking, but Abrams' movies on the other hand suck pretty much always. Mission Impossible 3 was bad, Cloverfield was bad and the new Star Trek trailers don't look good, but I hope it will be ok.

Alias I didn't care that much, I did watch maybe 1 or 2 seasons, but I've forgotten all about it, didn't seem that special.

Lost has been good, though I've been losing interest ever since
Spoiler:
they came up with the lame plot twist that is used with so many series these days. The gimmick "x years later" as a cliffhanger" and then next season starts in the future.

Other tv shows from him I don't know, but I've heard mixed reviews about Fringe.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:51 AM   #133
Not like them!

Well, I'm sure his work isn't for everyone's tastes. No one's work is for everyone's tastes. But I've loved all of it. I haven't seen Cloverfield yet, but MI:3 was really fun. And as for Fringe, whoever says it isn't terrific doesn't know what they're talking about. I think Fringe is going to be my favorite of all his shows. (Right now that's Felicity.)

By the way, the Lost cliffhanger you talk about isn't anywhere near as simple and ordinary as you make it sound. You're oversimplifying what they did -essentially changing the whole structure of the show for a year- so that you can make an easy point.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #134
The Reggienator

Well, they are trying clever stuff with the twist, but I still am losing my interest now on the show that kept me on hooks for four seasons very strongly just because they went on and did it.

I know everybody can't always like the same stuff.

I'm hoping that the end of the current season will put things "back on track."

Old 02-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #135

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Well, they are trying clever stuff with the twist, but I still am losing my interest now on the show that kept me on hooks for four seasons very strongly just because they went on and did it.
I completely agree. Not much for the twist itself, which was clearly coming right at us since the end of Season Three, but because the quality of the writing is lower than before (and I'm thinking particularly of 5x05, This place is death, which had two or three moments utterly laughable, and not in a positive way).

Currently, I'm the "I am losing my interest"-phase, and not in "I've already lost my interest" one, because there are some interesting plot points that still beguile me, but certainly I'm becoming less addicted than before.
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #136

I don't really watch television, because of the 99% of garbage on it. I get my dose of what I really want to see through internet or DVD rental/shops... so at the moment I'm busy with X-Files Season 1 & Dead Zone Season 6
Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #137
GirlBrushThreepwood

Send a message via ICQ to Fma42081 Send a message via AIM to Fma42081 Send a message via MSN to Fma42081 Send a message via Yahoo to Fma42081

Bones
Dollhouse
Robin Hood (BBC)
Primeval (BBC)
Gavin And Stacey (BBC)
Pro Wrestling
Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters International
Mad Men
Sherlock Holmes
Little House On The Prairie
The Walton's
Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles
Any Western's
Buffy
Angel
Charmed
Firefly
F-Troop
Green Acres
Quantum Leap
And Tons Others..Hehe

Last edited by Fma42081; 02-28-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #138

Just finished watching Spaced pretty funny that simon pegg and nick frost a funny buggers. Also got the series Eureka interesting so far. But my fav show is ending Corner Gas, love that show it makes my day.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #139
Psychonaut

Just started watching "The Big Bang Theory".

How did I miss this the first time around. This if freaking hilarious.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #140

Lost - fell off badly this season

24 - As good as always

The Amazing Race - solid show

Also I'm waiting for Prison Break return