You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 04:32 AM   #81
Psychonaut

Shows i'm currently watching with regularity (Difficult with the sodding strike at the moment)

- NCIS - love it. It's more about the characters than the actual cases. Abbey (*Sigh*), Tony, Gibbs, Ziva, ducky and Mcgeek are great characters.

- Bones - Nice Procedural drama with decent interplay between the characters.

- Numb3rs - Odd take on the police show that shouldn't work but does.

- My Name is Earl - Hilarious

- Chuck - Really getting into this show.

- Pusing Daisies - Best new show of the year

- Dexter - deliciously dark comedy. Serial Killer by night, forensic scientist by day.

- Heroes - Still great in my opinion

- Terminator - Seems like a decent start to the new series

- Battlestar Galactica - Brilliant.

- QI - Funniest quiz show on the TV

- There are others I watch occassionally like Supernatuaral, Smallvile, Lost, Criminal Minds (not the same since Pandikin left), Stargate Atlantis, Torchwood (to get a laugh at how bad it is), Prison Break, 24 etc
Old 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #82
Under pressure.

I don't watch TV series anymore. At least, not on TV. I'm getting more and more tired of commercial blocks, and rather buy TV series on DVD and watch them wherever I want, whenever I want, and in superior quality as long as our lazy, conservative network companies don't switch to HD. *End of rant*

--Erwin
Old 01-22-2008, 09:17 PM   #83
The Major Grubert.

I do too, but I'm getting tired of waiting a year and a half for full-season DVD sets, so I'm going to start watching LOST live this year (recording each weekly EP and skipping the commercials). It's the first time I've watched a series real-time in many years.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #84

Bittorrent is your friend. Other than the news I haven't watched TV in ages.

Mind you I do eventually buy my favourite series on DVD, but with Scrubs for example I'm waiting till they finish the thing so I can just buy a single box-set.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 AM   #85

I'm seeing vast amounts of CSI and Law and Order whether I want to or not, thanks to Col's insatiable appetite for cop shows. At least those two are decently written, unlike Bones and Sue Thomas F-B-Eye, which he also watches a lot of, and which make my toes curl and my writer's gorge rise.

Dave (formerly UKG2) is showing repeats of QI and Have I Got News for You every weeknight, which is a real boon, especially on Wednesdays and Thursdays when there's absolutely nothing else showing anywhere.

Paramount Comedy is about to start airing The Kenny Everett Show and Spitting Image, and I'm REALLY looking forward to both of those. I hope they have subtitles so Colin can enjoy them too.

Just before Christmas I bought the box set of Not the Nine O'Clock News, so we've been quoting Gerald the gorilla at each other. And just last Wednesday I got hold of the first series of Twin Peaks on DVD. Hope the publishers follow up with the rest of it.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM   #86
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I'm watching Damages. 'Tis good. What a surprise, therefore, that the viewer numbers were underwhelming.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #87
Super Moderator

I am currently hooked on Chowder. (see my avatar - Chowder is sitting on his pet stink cloud Kimchi )

Every character has a food name, they live in Marzipan city (where Chowder is a chef's apprentice) and it's this kind of trippy, fun, feast for the eyes. It's a great decompressor. You can watch a bit of the premiere epidsode (there might be more on the videos page).
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 AM   #88
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Thankfully, I've been watching less and less TV over the last few years. I think one of my VCRs konked out from working too much overtime! Past shows include Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Millennium and X-Files.

Current shows I'm watching/taping:

Mon-Fri: Days of Our Lives - Yes, I've been watching this soap for over 20 years... longer than some AGers have been alive! (Scary, isn't it?!) BTW, Lauren Koslow (who played Sophia in Zork Nemesis) has been on the show for over 10 years!

Mon-Wed: Corner Gas reruns (Some people think of it as "Seinfeld in Saskatchewan")

Mon: Corner Gas (new episodes), The Big Bang Theory (before the strike, anyway. For me, the show was hit-and-miss but the guy who played Sheldon was awkwardly hilarious. )

Tues: Extras (now finally showing on Comedy Network)

Wed: Little Mosque on the Prairie: OK sitcom about Muslims living in a small town in Saskatchewan (Apparently, Canadian networks think Saskatchewan is comedy gold. Beats me. )

Thurs:
Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites: Starts this week.
Ugly Betty: Every time Tony Plana is onscreen, I half expect him to say "¡HĂ*jole!" in his Manny voice! (Tony played Manny Calavera in Grim Fandango.)

Fri: Naruto, Bleach, Death Note on YTV

Sat: Not much on TV, that's usually the day I watch DVDs or play AGs for hours and hours!

Sun: Simpsons, The Amazing Race, Mythbusters

-Trunksie, a.k.a. Mr. Square Eyes
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #89
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

What is the overall Adventure Gamers community opinion on My name is Earl?

I happened to watch one episode couple of days ago because they show it for some odd reason after midnight in the middle of the week in Finland.

I laughed my ass off while watching that episode, I had no idea Jason Lee is starring in that show.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #90

I like it. It's generally quite amusing and at times truly hilarious.

The first bit I saw was actually the alternate first episode that they did where instead of listening to Carson Daly about karma he switches channels to Stewie on Family Guy ranting about payback and decides to go screw over everyone who's ever pissed him off. Amusing. The actual series obviously a little more constructive...

Started watching House MD the other day. Interesting.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #91

I've been watching the US version of The Office. I'm somewhere in season three, and it's really good.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #92

I am hooked on Dexter, some of the characters need work Dexters sister need to take acting lessons [I know thats harsh but I love this show, dont get me wrong she is very sex but...well she needs to go].
Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #93

I noticed that ABC are about to air the new episodes of THE MAGIC ROUNDABOUT, I liked the original series as a kid, I will have to watch it to see if I like it as an adult.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #94
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I've been watching less tv lately for various reasons, but I recently saw the whole 1st season of My Name is Earl and I have to say that it's a really fun show!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #95

Has anyone seen this show Sev Trek - Pus in Boots I think its claymation.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #96
Lovable rogue

I've recently become addicted to season 3 of Prison Break. I got through all thirteen episodes in under a week. Now I require more!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 06-13-2008, 03:32 AM   #97
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
Has anyone seen this show Sev Trek - Pus in Boots I think its claymation.
No... Was it on TV? I used to follow Sev Trek, the on-line comic, and I remember having seen a trailer on their site when the movie was still in production. It was 3D-rendered at the time.

Is it any good?

--Erwin
Old 06-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #98
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

No, it's not. It was terrible. And yes, it was computer graphics. Very bad-looking computer graphics.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #99

-Have I Got News For Your
-Nevermind the Buzzcocks

.... well, that's about it. I don't watch much TV. Too much paranoia.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #100
Super Moderator

I'm watching The Graham Norton Show at the moment. Eddie Izzard and Harry Shearer are on.