You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Which Shows Do You Watch On TV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #61
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

One minor correction. Joss Whedon, not Wheaton. And as for favorite Buffy episodes...

-The Puppet Show, in which a talent show gets out of hand.

-Halloween, where Buffy and friends "become" what they dressed as for Halloween. They referenced this a LOT in future seasons, whenever they needed Xander to use his "military training".

-Ted, about Joyce (Buffy's mom) dating John Ritter.

-Homecoming, about Buffy and Cordelia competing to be Homecoming Queen, and a group of vampires mistaking Cordy for Buffy.

-The Wish, Cordelia creates an alternate reality where Buffy never came to Sunnydale, and Willow utters the classic line, "...and I think I might've been kinda gay."

Anyway, those are just from the first 3 seasons, there are tooooo many to list as favorites.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #62

I like to watch The Soup. Always good for a laugh.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #63
Super Moderator

For all you Are You Being Served? fans:

R.I.P. John Inman
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #64
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

We don't have a TV...but back in the States I used to enjoy Mystery, Masterpiece Theater, Nature, and the Antiques Roadshow. Yeah I know. I'm a nerd.

Too bad about John Inman...Are You Being Served was sort of Friday night PBS tradition...
Old 03-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #65
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Mama's Family, How It's Made, Everybody Loves Raymond, Epicurious, I Love Lucy, Star Trek...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #66

watching interesting TV series from 2006 [Aust is always behind in TV land] "Eleventh Hour", with Patrick Steward [Capt Picard] its not too bad, this only the second episode I have watched but I am enjoying it.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #67

My boss lent me dvd of an old tv show called The prisoner. The simpsons made reference to it an an episode where homer starts an internet gossip pge and then gets taken to an island where big bubbles come to take you back if you try to escape. Very weird show but good.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #68

I watch The Daily Show, now "A" Daily Show, sans writers, though Stewart and Colbert being themselves members of the Writers Guild there's clearly some writing going on. Not sure how I feel about the strike, really. These things always end up hurting everyone, but sometimes it's the only weapon available...

In the meantime though, one of my other favourite shows, Scrubs, is running out of material. The 8th was the last one recorded before the strike I read, but they still haven't aired 7, I guess stalling in the hope that all will be fixed by the time they get to number 8. To be honest though the series passed its peak around season 4, with season 5 being the weakest and 6 picking up a bit, but it still feels like they're running out of steam and becoming too self-conscious with these new episodes.

Bill Lawrence even said that he would've ended the series at 6 if it hadn't looked like there was going to be another season. I hate to generalize but I get the feeling American shows have no sense of moderation and don't know to quit while they're still funny or poignant...

I watched the first two seasons of Weeds which was interesting at first, but after the second season I realized I didn't really *like* any of the characters anymore.
Spoiler:
Perkins' character starts out as an intolerable bitch then gets cancer and becomes actually likeable for a while going around not caring what anyone thinks, then goes back to being a bitch. Silas is a dirtbag. I mean seriously, poking a hole in a condom to trick your girlfriend into getting pregnant and giving up college? Lupita is blackmailing everyone, Heylia threatening to kill them... Real nice.

Recently I started watching My Name is Earl, which I found to be quite funny. "O Karma, Where Art Thou?" when he finally can't take it anymore... that was hilarious.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #69
GirlBrushThreepwood

Send a message via ICQ to Fma42081 Send a message via AIM to Fma42081 Send a message via MSN to Fma42081 Send a message via Yahoo to Fma42081

1.Bones (Fox)
2.Ghost Hunters (Scifi)
3.Ghost Hunters International (Scifi)
4.TNA IMPACT (SPIKE)
5.Monday night raw (usa)
6.Ecw (Scifi)
7.SmackDown (CW)
8.Robin Hood (BBC)
9.Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox)
10.Simpsons (Fox) *Once In A While*
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #70
GirlBrushThreepwood

Send a message via ICQ to Fma42081 Send a message via AIM to Fma42081 Send a message via MSN to Fma42081 Send a message via Yahoo to Fma42081

also love buffy,angel,charmed anything paranormal supernatural or occult related and i love ...love love LOVE westerns of all kinds like gunsmoke f-troop little house the waltons etc
Old 01-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #71
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
My boss lent me dvd of an old tv show called The prisoner. The simpsons made reference to it an an episode where homer starts an internet gossip pge and then gets taken to an island where big bubbles come to take you back if you try to escape. Very weird show but good.
Yes, I have this (The Prisoner) on DVD and it's obscure, but has a strong cult status. Yes, it's weird, but good.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 PM   #72
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
So, which shows do you watch?
None. I haven't watched TV for any length of time since.......o my god, since September 11, 2001. And even before that I hadn't watched TV for several years.

I use my LCD set mostly for gaming (X360) and DVD movies from Netflix (mostly catching up on the films of Chabrol, Antonioni, and Truffaut, and others).
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #73
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

- Seinfeld
- Scrubs
- House M.D.
- Psych
- Monk (once they show it again)
- Navy CIS (which I hear is known as NCIS in English. I absolutely love this show. Much better than CSI Miami and the other CSI shows.)
- The Simpsons (which is funny, because as a kid I hated them)
- Danny Phantom
- Dharma and Greg (God blrdd Comedy Central. And for showing Seinfeld)
- Creepie
- Bones
- Disneys Fillmore!
- Recess (whenever they show it these days. Damn, I want some of those Disney shows on DVD. Why can't they sell them on DVD?! I want the Aladdin series, too!)

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 AM   #74
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is really good! I expected it to be lousy. But no, it's a fitting continuation of T2. Okay, so maybe it's not quite in that league. But I like the action and the characters and the actors. (I never liked Linda Hamilton, but I do like Lena Headey.) It feels like it's moving forward, which for me is one of the most important things in an ongoing story. (If something has forward momentum, all else can be forgiven.) It's a real treat.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #75
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

At the moment I just watch House 2nd season and also old episodes of Quantum Leap 3rd season!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #76

Quantum Leap was awesome! I saw the first two seasons on tv back when it was new... recently been watching the whole thing on DVD. Just need to get a hold of the last season.

Been watching Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe recently (on Youtube/Bittorrent)... an amusing critique of British and occasionally American television:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYce_R9mBVM (making fun of 'manly' programs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI (experiment in deceptive editing)

Last edited by Ninja Dodo; 01-17-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:23 PM   #77
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I just finished Battlestar Galactica's second season, what a cliffhanger!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM   #78
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

On television at the moment, I'm watching CSI (and Miami when it's on), NCIS and Damages (and Torchwood). I want House season 4. And Monk season 6. And Heroes season 2. And the final season of Battlestar Galactica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy
- Navy CIS (which I hear is known as NCIS in English. I absolutely love this show. Much better than CSI Miami and the other CSI shows.)
Agreed. It's like crossing CSI with the sparkly dialogue from House (at least from where I'm standing). I actually like Miami, though it's descended into a kind of weird self-parody of itself, oddly.

Also, is Psych worth watching? They put the first episode on the last disc of Monk's season 5 dvd release, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #79
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
Been watching Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe recently (on Youtube/Bittorrent)... an amusing critique of British and occasionally American television
Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Charlie Brooker! He's not only hilarious, he's frequently spot on.

I enjoyed his piece on 'aspirational' television: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OJ1...eature=related
Old 01-20-2008, 03:16 AM   #80
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I love the way that Charlie Brooker has morphed from faintly smug, irritating writer at PC Zone to faintly smug, amusing television presenter. He's actually quite funny nowadays...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.