Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Which Shows Do You Watch On TV? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17966-shows-do-you-watch-tv.html)

TimovieMan 01-23-2012 12:41 PM

Currently rewatching Six Feet Under with my girlfriend. Well, I'm rewatching it, she's watching it for the first time. We're halfway season 3 at the moment.

And it's still one of the best series ever created. I think it's even funnier now than when I first watched it...

@ Hammerite: totally agree: Arrested Development is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen...

Jubilee 02-13-2012 04:21 PM

Some shows I'm currently watching at the moment are:

Supernatural Season 7
Big Bang Theory S5
Revenge S1
Vampire Diaries S3
Walking Dead S2
Gossip Girl S5

I've also got Grimm, Secret Circle, and Pretty Little Liars on the new series to watch backlog.

Sage 02-14-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPtimist (Post 552886)
- My Name is Earl (it's alright - there's better, but there's also many much worse)

I LOVE My Name is Earl! If you want to know what real, modern-day Southerners are actually like in everyday situations, this show is the most accurate depiction of us I've ever seen on TV. I know at least one person in real life that is exactly like a character on My Name is Earl in both appearance and behavior, and yes, on my better days I am Earl. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPtimist (Post 552886)
- The Big Bang Theory (or whatever it is in English - I was surprised at how good it is, I was expecting something mediocre, back when it first aired a couple years ago)

Outstanding show! The Big Bang Theory is highly relatable for me as well because if I am Earl from My Name is Earl on my better days, then I must also admit that on my worse days I am Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. :(

Fantasysci5 02-14-2012 01:39 PM

I'm watching "Once Upon a Time". It's okay, but nothing amazing.

adventurefan 02-14-2012 02:23 PM

I've been enjoying Big Bang theory.
My husband and I also watched Carnivale on DVD recently, and I was engrossed. It is beautifully shot, well acted, and the story is worthy of a rather literary adventure game. However, the end of season 2 leaves the viewer dangling to a degree, and, frustrating as it was to me, it must have been far worse following the show when it was first aired and presuming 'oh, it's HBO, the third season will be on it's... wuhhh?! :frusty:'
When I was poorly on Friday, I indulged in a little Come Dine with me on catch up tv.

Fantasysci5 02-15-2012 10:15 AM

They mentioned "Red Dwarf" on "Big Bang Theory", and that made my day-since all my friends know I like Red Dwarf but have never heard of it. But they all love watching "Big Bang Theory". :P

Red Dwarf...<3 Can't wait for the new season, I hope it's the original hologram Ace back. Some of the tight-lipped audience members said they answered a character development question that fans have been asking for years, that we all saw coming but it was still surprising...and I'm dying to know what that question is!!!!

TiAgUh 02-16-2012 06:21 AM

Triumph, the insult comic dog, would have a great analogy between Big Bang Theory and poop! You guys should be ashamed!

Anywaaaaay
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 600696)
Blah Blah Blah about little people in red

Thy god, Scott Cohen, just popped out of nowhere while Larry David was doing thang (Season 8, 8th ep). Go watch it; his face is slowly melting. :P

Sage 02-18-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 600521)
Walking Dead

I am truly surprised not to see more love for this series on here, particularly from our UK-dwelling friends who have, in the past at least, displayed a remarkable cultural fascination with zombies. Has Walking Dead simply not seen distribution outside the US yet?

Hammerite 02-18-2012 02:22 PM

It's got quite a bit of popularity over here. It's broadcast on one of the least popular (with good reason, a lot of the time tbh) channels though.

I've seen a few episodes and enjoyed it; and a lot of my friends are (relatively) big fans of the show.

TiAgUh 02-18-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 600975)
I am truly surprised not to see more love for this series on here

This thread and also this one. No need to fill another.

Lucien21 02-18-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 600975)
I am truly surprised not to see more love for this series on here, particularly from our UK-dwelling friends who have, in the past at least, displayed a remarkable cultural fascination with zombies. Has Walking Dead simply not seen distribution outside the US yet?

It's not as good as the comic.

Sage 02-18-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 600996)
This thread and also this one. No need to fill another.

Ah... my mistake, then. I haven't been around much lately and I had completely missed those threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 601002)

So I've been told. One plus though- The TV show has made me want to check out the comic.

TiAgUh 02-19-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 601002)

Same can be said for Ellis's American Psycho and it's movie adaptation. Doesn't take a bonafide genius to know that a bias opinion just took place here, since, like my example, different routes are being explored with each one; and each one being its own kind of good.

UPtimist 02-19-2012 08:33 AM

There's the British sitcom - Outnumbered - about to start reruns here (I think), and I'm very excited about it. I accidentally started watching it in the middle of whatever season they were showing here last year, and just found it one of the funniest new series on TV. So I'm happy if I can see it from the beginning.

Reminds me somewhat of Modern Family, also surprisingly good (and also got into it from the middle, as they didn't advertise it (either) enough (plus I rarely see ads anymore), and started from like season 3 or something). I say surprisingly good, because the way they originally talked about it didn't sound so appealing (I guess with sitcoms you should never look at the setting and just watch the show).

Both do an excellent job at doing a family-with-young(ish)-kids show really funny, something which seems to be a very difficult genre of sitcoms (by other shows I've seen).

So, there.

Oh, also, love the reruns of Smack the Pony. I've seen them a couple times now, but haven't gotten old so far. One of the best British sketch shows.

Hammerite 02-19-2012 10:55 AM

Outnumbered's just great. It never appealled to me when I saw the adverts for it (very much like Modern Family, actually), but turned out to be brilliant when I actually watched it.

I agree with the comparisons, too - though I think Outnumbered may have come first.