You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Do you want to move?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2006, 05:26 AM   #21
Freeware Co-ordinator

I was born in Liverpool to a Welsh father and a Lancashiran mother but spent most of my formative years in Luton.

An economics teacher once asked if I was trying to collect life's handicaps. (That will probably make more sense to UK forumites than others.)

I now live on the South Coast. My last move was about 3 years ago from another house in the same town that was much smaller. The trauma of moving everything out of that house.
Brief trauma description. Skip if bored. It took a day to get the stuff we'd stored in the attic down. Not to pack it. Just to physically get it down. We couldn't get into some rooms of the house once it was all packed.The movers gave us far too many metre long boxes (which, given a lot of our stuff is books, were tricky to pack. The smaller boxes full of books were hard enough to lift) The mover originally allowed a day for the entire move. They jsut about managed to load everything in that day.
has convinced me that I am never moving again. It helps that I'm now in a nice house in a nice area about 10 minutes walk from the town centre.

Other people seem to have got around much more than me.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #22
Sensei

Ideally I'd like to live on a huge boat or something, I've always wanted to travel around the world while still technically being at home.

Last edited by Relek; 11-25-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #23

We're in a constant state of being desperate to get away from here. We live in a crappy house in a crappy area of a crappy town.

We'd like to move -- well, not necessarily to be *in* London again, but somewhere within reasonable striking distance to London. Hampshire would be nice. Or, going further out from the capital, Shropshire is very pleasant. Willing to consider almost anywhere south of Watford, as long as it's not too prone to flooding.

But it would take a lottery win to be able to afford to move. If we ever do get a windfall, we'll be out of here so fast it'll make your nose bleed.