You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Chit Chat guidelines (long, but please read)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #81
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Actually, I must thank you for bringing this to my attention. I made a mistake. I immediately assumed Relek was talking about the argument used in the post above his, ie. that people already seem to have stopped posting anything, and this was what I referred to as invalid. It never occured to me until I read Jackal's and your posts that "the argument" was more likely to mean the whole discussion in this context. My bad.
Oh! No worries, then. Words eaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
The decision how to deal with the current state of affairs had to be made now.
Yes, that's true. No one's right! Argument ended! Huzzah!

Quote:
I disagree, and consider the analogies you're making to be over the top,
Over-the-top analogies are where it's at, man. It's like if you hit someone over the head with a brick rather than a feather to make your point.

Quote:
(And as long as the majority didn't seem to share your concerns, I think it also doesn't need to.)
What do the majority know? By their very nature, their points of view are generic and "common". Only the true thinkers can step outside the frame and nod objectively. I vote for reverse-democracy; those with the courage and intelligence to disagree with the majority deserve the power!

Quote:
Who?
Ah, my apologies! It was bound to happen after typing it five times in a row. Feel free to misspell my name(s).
Old 11-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #82
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak View Post
I think you're all making too big a deal out of these guidelines. Jackal didn't post them as some sort of ultimatum written in blood that we're all gonna pay if we don't shape up.
Exactly.

That'll be phase two.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #83
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
Exactly.

That'll be phase two.
That's the best joke so far. You win.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #84
The Impostor

All right, who got into an argument with The Impostor? That jerk never shuts up.

My five cents: Everyone should just shut up so we can get back to flirting and talking about sex.

Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #85
Garrotted.

While on some points I agree with The Impostor, my heart really lies with blessed Owl Cap.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #86

The Impatialflump Awards.

Winner:

pinkgothic.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #87
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impartialflump View Post
The Impatialflump Awards.

Winner:

pinkgothic.
Oh, I remember her! Mmm-ah.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:34 PM   #88
The Impostor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
Oh, I remember her! Mmm-ah.
A word to the wise, Ms. Hyphenise:

He'll only leave you souvenirs,
It's only gonna end in tears.
He is only the impostor.

I, on the other hand... Mmm-ah!

Old 11-09-2006, 04:58 PM   #89
Friendly Server Admin

Stop.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #90
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco View Post
Stop.
I had — some minutes ago. Forgive me for being lighthearted. I could go back to arguing if you wish.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #91
Hopeful skeptic

Just stop, period. As I already said, unless you have something new to say or constructive suggestions for going forward, then you're just wasting our energy and time. If this is your idea of productive, then your contribution to the issue is no longer welcome.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #92
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
If this is your idea of productive, then your contribution to the issue is no longer welcome.
No, it has nothing to do with my idea of being productive. I merely wanted to lighten the tone with a jest or two after writing far too much on this topic. It lasted all of a few minutes (and it takes three seconds to read and one to skip) and promptly ended. Excluding the merits of the joke itself, I don't see the problem.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #93
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

The problem for me, anyway, Imposter...

One, there's something ironic about posting nonsense in a thread complaining about too much nonsense. And not good irony, either. The fact that you'd do it tells me you've completely missed the point of this thread entirely, even more than some of your other posts.

For two, to be blunt, your protests remind me of a high school student whining because the teacher yelled at him for talking in class and disrupting the other students, instead of waiting to talk to his friends outside of class.

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 11-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #94
Super Moderator

Well said.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 PM   #95
Queen Of Charlatans' Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie View Post
The fact that you'd do it tells me you've completely missed the point of this thread entirely, even more than some of your other posts.
I haven't missed it. I've simply disagreed with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeysie
For two, to be blunt, your protests remind me of a high school student whining because the teacher yelled at him for talking in class and disrupting the other students, instead of waiting to talk to his friends outside of class.
Thanks.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:35 AM   #96
is not wierd

I think Jeysie's point is simply that you're starting to annoy posters, not just mods, here. Which goes back to that whole consideration thing...

Not that we want you to leave or anything. Far from it. Just can we please get past this whole thing, already.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #97

Quote:
I think Jeysie's point is simply that you're starting to annoy posters, not just mods, here. Which goes back to that whole consideration thing...

Not that we want you to leave or anything. Far from it. Just can we please get past this whole thing, already.
I agree with Spiwak.

Impostor, I hope you realize that for every one Pinkgothic who enjoys your sense of humor and irreverence, there are more than a few members and mods who are annoyed by them. We are not asking you to stop being yourself. All we are asking is to think about others a bit more before you choose to make your posts. I don't think that's a unreasonable request.

- Akane, Ranma and Juliet
Old 11-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #98
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Quote:
Well, he's starting to annoy *me*, at any rate...

And the analogy seems apt to me. If you think of a thread as a class with a given subject... then private conversations and flirtations that take a thread off-topic and exclude the people trying to pay attention or not in the "chat groups" is the equivalent of disrupting the class.

So, the "teachers" have asked people to keep the chatter to a minimum in class and pay more attention to the subject... and that socializing is fine, just that "class" is not the place for it.

So, to me, yes, the whining student is exactly what he sounds like. "But, teacher, I should be allowed to drag things off-topic and have private conversations in class and ignore everyone else!" I'd almost think he was being satirical if he wasn't being so insistent.

And then he goes and drags this thread off-topic by doing the exact thing the thread was complaining about. That's not "being lighthearted" to me... that's the Internet equivalent of giving the original poster the middle finger. The lack of respect just underscores the whole thing.

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #99
Live Slow Die Old

This thread has brought out the best and worst in a lot of people (more so the latter, I hate to say). Although ultimately, looking at the other threads, it seems to have been quite effective. Maybe I'll start posting around here again, now that there are things to talk about.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 PM   #100
Doctor Watson

Can I hear the thread-lock a-jingling?