You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default Dubya unchained!

Man this video is awesome. Ever wonder what Bush looks/sounds like in press conferences when he's not being wrangled by 80 PR people? Oh man.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
merely human

I'm at work right now so can't watch it. Looking forward to it when I get home tonight.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Bush was assassinated on British TV last night. True fact.

I hope there is outrage and indignation in certain sections of the press.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

According to the Daily Telegraph's television writer, the thing worth getting outraged about was the rather poor quality of the programme once you got beyond the sensationalism.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
OUATIJ Creator

That vid was ok. These are my favorite Bush videos.

Edited State of the Union Speech

Funny Moments
Old 10-10-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Huz
Kersal Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
According to the Daily Telegraph's television writer,
As far as I can tell, though, that guy hates everything if it's in the least bit high-profile.

Although I didn't think much of the new Cracker, either. (And I couldn't be bothered with the Bush thing.)
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to Spikey Send a message via AIM to Spikey Send a message via MSN to Spikey

You mean, Cracker as in Robbie Coltrane? Our family knows him. (Think we have some pics of his kids when they were younger sitting around somewhere.)

I saw a telemovie of the new one recently, based on 9/11 and terrorism, and it was fair dinkum rubbish. Compared to the old ones that is.

- Spike
Old 10-11-2006, 04:24 AM   #8
Huz
Kersal Massive

That's the one, on both counts
Old 10-11-2006, 05:55 AM   #9
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Does that not make this article a tad ironic?

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:33 AM   #10
Creepy Father Figure

Here's a vid from George W when he was my Governor. It shows he's a Real Man! George Bush Uncensored
Old 10-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #11
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Man this video is awesome. Ever wonder what Bush looks/sounds like in press conferences when he's not being wrangled by 80 PR people? Oh man.
LOL!! Finally watched it just now. Amazing how moronic he gets when his spin doctors can't help him and he's at the mercy of the press.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #12
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Hmmm...I feel kind of sorry for him.

Mostly because he looks like he had something I know too well.

You see, sometimes I have a kind of blackout, coupled with what I call "visions" Not prophetic or anything, there's just no better word I know for them. Unless you think the future holds the Ducktales in ancient egypt and monsters and woolen socks. It sounds just strange telling it now, but I remember that the feeling I get is of being very intimidated by them. Also, while they are there they are clear, but immediately after I can hardly remember them. Ducktales and ancient egypt is the most I can remember, but I know that the actual "visions" are much more detailed, and always go the same way. One character, which is kind of strange, says something, kind of reprimanding but calm. But that's all. Immediately after I forgot it again. A bit like fever dreams that last for a few seconds.

Anyway, during those blackouts I can't think of anything else. If I'm in a conversation, I can't continue talking, and if the other person is talking, I won't hear anything what they said during the duration of the vision. I later realise that the person said something, but not what they said. Also, I have to rake my brain a bit to remember what we were talking about before the blackout came.

My mother and one of my friends can confirm that I can't focus on outside input when that happens. I think I might be stammering at those times, repeating a few words that I am still able to grasp in that moment.

Bush in that video looks like he has one of those blackouts with visions there too, especially the way he shakes his head, as if trying to clear his thoughts. He looks intimidated too (though that could very well be due to the journalists). I would have never believed I'd ever be saying this, but if he had one of those blackouts there, I feel sorry for him. It's not a pleasant experience, and it always happens at the worst of times (and in my case always during a period of time for about a week. Once or twice it even happened during Finals week, which did not have very good influence on my grades on the exams.)

Oh, and before you ask: No, I do not, have never, and never will take any illegal substances. And neither did I eat paint chips as a kid.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Bush in that video looks like he has one of those blackouts with visions there too...
If that's the case, then all these years he's been in the White House has been one huge blackout.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
If that's the case, then all these years he's been in the White House has been one huge blackout.

True.

But no, he was (sadly) too responsive to have had a blackout with "visions". A normal blackout, yes, since you can still talk gibberish and stupid stuff when having a normal blackout. But it's impossible (at least for me) to say more than one or two words when having a blackout with "visions" (and it's quite impossible to know what those words means. You just say them, you don't know what they mean. I can be thinking "and" or "egg", but be unable to grasp what they mean.).

Also, usually those visions also make me dizzy.

Those "visions" scare me. In those situations I am scared, because the world seems bleak and unfair. The thing that one character says is nothing pleasant, I know, and it brings me close to tears inside.

-

Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
Creepy Father Figure

The problem with Bush is actually that he really didn't realize what he was getting into when he went in to Federal politics. He wasn't this disoriented when he was only a governor, this could be from the fact that there is a very amicable realtionship between Dems and GOP in the Texas government. When he went into the White house he was seemingly shocked by the fact that the federal process is almost entirely adversarial. I saw him change from a very confident man to a 'deer in headlights' that really upsets me. This and the fact that they never even tried to fix the Social Security issue (I know for a fact that I can invest my money better than the government) has really upset me personally.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #16
Huz
Kersal Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Does that not make this article a tad ironic?
Pft - I think you're allowed an off-day if you're Jimmy McGovern.

Besides, he's absolutely right - ITV drama is terrible bargain-basement rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Hmmm...I feel kind of sorry for him.

Mostly because he looks like he had something I know too well.
Well, the key difference is that you're not the President of the United States. Whether Bush is incapable of giving his full attention during a press conference due to stupidity or some other reason isn't really relevant - the fact a man in his position should be able to is.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz View Post
Well, the key difference is that you're not the President of the United States. Whether Bush is incapable of giving his full attention during a press conference due to stupidity or some other reason isn't really relevant - the fact a man in his position should be able to is.

True. And remember, I only assume that he *might* be having one of those blackouts. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he's just being himself.

-

Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 AM   #18
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I'm sorry, I don't get it. What am I supposed to be seeing in this video? Is there a hidden message somewhere? Or is what you're trying to bring attention to the little thing he mumbles at the end? I can't make out what he's saying there.