Recent Splurges - Page 3 - Adventure Forums
You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2006, 04:07 AM   #41
Game Creator Hobbyist

I've bought a hat. A Stetson felt hat.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:43 AM   #42
Bad command or file name

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
I just got a logitech marble mouse(a $15 trackball, all the higher end ones available were thumb opperated), to potentially replace my intelieyemouse which seemed to be developing a defective right button(although it now bizarrely seemed to have noticed the other mouse and shaped up). It's not as precise as the mouse, although that could just be because I'm not used to it, although it kind of feels better not having to move my entire arm when using it. The lack of a scroll wheel and middle button on it is annoying. I got a button to work as button 3, now it's useable.
^ That thing is awesome. It takes a little practice and yeah, I too miss the scroll wheel, but it is an excellent trackball. I still like high sensitivity mice more but for tight places and laptop use, it can't be beat. I think I might try out a thumb operated one soon though. Enjoy.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #43
Super Moderator

Tower Records is going out of business so they have everything on sale. I stopped by and picked up Lost - Season 2.

I also bought Sarah McLachlan's new Christmas album - Wintersong. I had to listen to it right away. It's incredible. She's my favorite female singer and does a cover of River (my favorite Joni Mitchell song - I can think of no one better to cover it than her) and a cover of Song For A Winter's Night (a wonderful Gordon Lightfoot song). I love, love this album. The other Christmas songs on there are done with her special touch and are terrific.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bysmitty View Post
^ That thing is awesome. It takes a little practice and yeah, I too miss the scroll wheel, but it is an excellent trackball. I still like high sensitivity mice more but for tight places and laptop use, it can't be beat. I think I might try out a thumb operated one soon though. Enjoy.
I've gotten used to it by now. I don't mind the lack of a scroll wheel on it anymore, scroll wheel emulation works well, better than an actual scroll wheel since now I have side scrolling as well, and the rare cases that I need to use a scroll wheel one step at a time aren't a problem either since I have my old mouse set up left handedly.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #45

I've given in to temptation and ordered "From Hell". I've been drooling over this trick for months, and now that they've launched a new edition I couldn't hold out any longer.

Now don't the rest of you go ordering it!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 AM   #46
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I've had a post-birthday splurge, preordering a box set of the first four seasons of Monk, ordering the complete Jeeves & Wooster TV series (Hugh Laurie!) and grabbing Stubbs the Zombie. That and spending £2.99 on 11 rubbish games including another copy of The Watchmaker .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #47
capsized.

You're a sick puppy, Robert.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #48
Game Creator Hobbyist

Yay Jeeves and Wooster!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #49
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Just got my copy of Splinter Cell: Checkmate on Amazon.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #50
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

my BIG expense this month was last night...the Nintendo Wii!!! Went to the midnight launch, then rushed it home to play. Was up til about 2, then woke up before 7, lol. My other splurge (not "spooge", for the guy who claimed this thread was dirty a few pages ago, lol) was my sister's birthday gift.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:52 AM   #51
Roar?

I bought some beautiful Christmas ornaments, some make-up, and some sweaters last week. Now I need a Christmas tree. I really want a silver Christmas tree, is that too tacky? Or maybe a white one would be better? I'm not crazy about traditional trees. What I'd really like is a hardwood Christmas tree, like a birch tree. I think that could be beautiful but I have no idea how to get one or if it would rot or what.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
Now I need a Christmas tree. I really want a silver Christmas tree, is that too tacky? Or maybe a white one would be better? I'm not crazy about traditional trees. What I'd really like is a hardwood Christmas tree, like a birch tree. I think that could be beautiful but I have no idea how to get one or if it would rot or what.
I don't think it would be tacky. This guy doesn't think so either.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #53
The Punisher

Send a message via ICQ to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via AIM to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via MSN to [toj.cc]Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to [toj.cc]Phantom

Bought Die Hard yesterday.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #54
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
Yay Jeeves and Wooster!

"You called, sir?"

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-19-2006, 03:10 PM   #55

Aluminum christmass trees?!? What is it with these crazy overclockers and their need to have everything made out of aluminum?
Old 11-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #56
Super Moderator

Why do you care what kind of tree Stoofa wants?
Old 11-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #57

The problems arrise when one of those overclockers starts going on and on with claims that their aluminum christmass tree/computer case/toilet/whatever is better because it conducts heat more. And next they'll be making copper christmass trees!!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #58
Super Moderator

1. WTF is an overclocker?

2. You seem to be looking for an argument where there is none. No one has made any of the claims you are purporting so why start talking about them unless they come up. I'm done.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #59

An overclocker is a game obsessed addolescent male with 90%-destroyed eardrums who tries to make his computer run 3 frames per second faster by making it consume more electricity and produce more heat than the average stove.

Last edited by undeaf; 11-19-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:46 AM   #60
Roar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I don't think it would be tacky. This guy doesn't think so either.
Lovely! I like vintage ornaments a lot so I think that a silver pom pom tree would go really well with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeaf View Post
An overclocker is a game obsessed addolescent male with 90%-destroyed eardrums who tries to make his computer run 3 frames per second faster by making it consume more electricity and produce more heat than the average stove.
Er, I'm a 28 year old female. I'm not interested in overclocking my CPU, I like to play Tamagotchi Connection Corner and Mario Kart for God's sake. I don't have Bill Nye the Science Guy motives for wanting a silver Christmas tree. I just want it to look pretty and make me happy.