Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Recent Splurges (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17195-recent-splurges.html)

Trumgottist 10-30-2006 04:07 AM

I've bought a hat. A Stetson felt hat.

bysmitty 10-30-2006 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undeaf (Post 358817)
I just got a logitech marble mouse(a $15 trackball, all the higher end ones available were thumb opperated), to potentially replace my intelieyemouse which seemed to be developing a defective right button(although it now bizarrely seemed to have noticed the other mouse and shaped up). It's not as precise as the mouse, although that could just be because I'm not used to it, although it kind of feels better not having to move my entire arm when using it. The lack of a scroll wheel and middle button on it is annoying. I got a button to work as button 3, now it's useable.

^ That thing is awesome. It takes a little practice and yeah, I too miss the scroll wheel, but it is an excellent trackball. I still like high sensitivity mice more but for tight places and laptop use, it can't be beat. I think I might try out a thumb operated one soon though. Enjoy.

...bysmitty

Melanie68 11-10-2006 06:32 PM

Tower Records is going out of business so they have everything on sale. I stopped by and picked up Lost - Season 2. :)

I also bought Sarah McLachlan's new Christmas album - Wintersong. I had to listen to it right away. It's incredible. She's my favorite female singer and does a cover of River (my favorite Joni Mitchell song - I can think of no one better to cover it than her) and a cover of Song For A Winter's Night (a wonderful Gordon Lightfoot song). I love, love this album. :) The other Christmas songs on there are done with her special touch and are terrific.

undeaf 11-10-2006 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bysmitty (Post 358964)
^ That thing is awesome. It takes a little practice and yeah, I too miss the scroll wheel, but it is an excellent trackball. I still like high sensitivity mice more but for tight places and laptop use, it can't be beat. I think I might try out a thumb operated one soon though. Enjoy.

I've gotten used to it by now. I don't mind the lack of a scroll wheel on it anymore, scroll wheel emulation works well, better than an actual scroll wheel since now I have side scrolling as well, and the rare cases that I need to use a scroll wheel one step at a time aren't a problem either since I have my old mouse set up left handedly.

Davies 11-16-2006 04:02 AM

I've given in to temptation and ordered "From Hell". I've been drooling over this trick for months, and now that they've launched a new edition I couldn't hold out any longer.

Now don't the rest of you go ordering it!

RLacey 11-16-2006 04:13 AM

I've had a post-birthday splurge, preordering a box set of the first four seasons of Monk, ordering the complete Jeeves & Wooster TV series (Hugh Laurie!) and grabbing Stubbs the Zombie. That and spending £2.99 on 11 rubbish games including another copy of The Watchmaker :crazy:.

samIamsad 11-16-2006 05:47 AM

You're a sick puppy, Robert. ;)

Trumgottist 11-16-2006 12:14 PM

Yay Jeeves and Wooster!

Giligan 11-16-2006 12:33 PM

Just got my copy of Splinter Cell: Checkmate on Amazon.

LeisureSuitedLooney 11-19-2006 09:47 AM

my BIG expense this month was last night...the Nintendo Wii!!! Went to the midnight launch, then rushed it home to play. Was up til about 2, then woke up before 7, lol. My other splurge (not "spooge", for the guy who claimed this thread was dirty a few pages ago, lol) was my sister's birthday gift.

Stoofa 11-19-2006 09:52 AM

I bought some beautiful Christmas ornaments, some make-up, and some sweaters last week. Now I need a Christmas tree. I really want a silver Christmas tree, is that too tacky? Or maybe a white one would be better? I'm not crazy about traditional trees. What I'd really like is a hardwood Christmas tree, like a birch tree. I think that could be beautiful but I have no idea how to get one or if it would rot or what.

Melanie68 11-19-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoofa (Post 365822)
Now I need a Christmas tree. I really want a silver Christmas tree, is that too tacky? Or maybe a white one would be better? I'm not crazy about traditional trees. What I'd really like is a hardwood Christmas tree, like a birch tree. I think that could be beautiful but I have no idea how to get one or if it would rot or what.

I don't think it would be tacky. :) This guy doesn't think so either.

[toj.cc]Phantom 11-19-2006 01:55 PM

Bought Die Hard yesterday.

RLacey 11-19-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumgottist (Post 365231)
Yay Jeeves and Wooster!

http://www.sitcom.co.uk/jeeves_woost...har_jeeves.gif
"You called, sir?"

undeaf 11-19-2006 03:10 PM

Aluminum christmass trees?!? What is it with these crazy overclockers and their need to have everything made out of aluminum?

Melanie68 11-19-2006 03:22 PM

Why do you care what kind of tree Stoofa wants?

undeaf 11-19-2006 03:45 PM

The problems arrise when one of those overclockers starts going on and on with claims that their aluminum christmass tree/computer case/toilet/whatever is better because it conducts heat more. And next they'll be making copper christmass trees!!

Melanie68 11-19-2006 03:48 PM

1. WTF is an overclocker?

2. You seem to be looking for an argument where there is none. :shifty: No one has made any of the claims you are purporting so why start talking about them unless they come up. I'm done.

undeaf 11-19-2006 03:54 PM

An overclocker is a game obsessed addolescent male with 90%-destroyed eardrums who tries to make his computer run 3 frames per second faster by making it consume more electricity and produce more heat than the average stove.

Stoofa 11-20-2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 365845)
I don't think it would be tacky. :) This guy doesn't think so either.

Lovely! I like vintage ornaments a lot so I think that a silver pom pom tree would go really well with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by undeaf (Post 365923)
An overclocker is a game obsessed addolescent male with 90%-destroyed eardrums who tries to make his computer run 3 frames per second faster by making it consume more electricity and produce more heat than the average stove.

Er, I'm a 28 year old female. I'm not interested in overclocking my CPU, I like to play Tamagotchi Connection Corner and Mario Kart for God's sake. I don't have Bill Nye the Science Guy motives for wanting a silver Christmas tree. I just want it to look pretty and make me happy.