You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #381
Super Moderator

You can take it to a dry cleaners and have them steam out the wrinkles. If you use an iron, use a steam iron and iron it from the other side.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #382
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Very nice!
Will you be wearing it on Sunday?

I'm sorry Jelena but they still have to do some work on it to make it fit perfectly. I can take it home when I'm back from Sweden.

I just looked up the weather forecast for Stockholm and it said sun and clouds until saturday. Well, we'll see. I'm leaving for the airport in 5 minutes from now, yay! Looking forward to the sightseeing, and to our visit to you. See you on Sunday!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #383
Game Creator Hobbyist

For some reason I stood in line for almost six hours (from 10 pm)… and as a result of that, I've now been able to purchase an iPhone 3G on the day of its release. (And now I should get some sleep before the morning turns into afternoon.)
Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #384
Under pressure.

Gaah! I wanted to buy an iPhone too, but after all the fuss around it... I'm almost ashamed to get one! Can you imagine that!?

--Erwin
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #385
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Jaz, you need these kinds of socks to go with your shoes:

I have some with Dark Blue, cyan, Dark blue, greyish-blue, dark blue, *very* light blue (nearly greyish-white), dark blue, cyan, etc. stripes.

And some other, shorter, toed socks.

Also, I have several Tabi socks. With only the big toe separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Are you going to join the City Watch now? Sam Vimes also likes to feel the stones under his feet.

Heh, I've always liked to know where's I'm standing or walking. But yes, I do resemble Vimes in that way, even if I'd rather not have cardboard soles. But I think that's one of the reasons why he was always one of my characters in Discworld. ^_^

But I'm more likely to join the Thieves' or Assassins' guild - Back when I was still at school I knew by heart exactly *how* I had to walk on the different floor types I walked across on my way to school, in order to be silent. I also knew exactly *which* of my shoes were how loud or silent on which kind of ground.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #386
tsa
Playing character

That's scary Jaz!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 AM   #387

Quote:
That's scary Jaz!

That I'd rather join the Thieves' or Assassin's guild, or that I knew my way to school so well?

It gets better, too. When I was in primary school I knew by heart the sequence of the traffic lights at the large intersection I had to go across every day on my way from and to school. So I knew when I could start walking, even before it actually turned green for me.

Also, from my way to the International School I still know exactly where to stand at the Main train station in Frankfurt so that when the train stops a door is immediately in front of me. And what's more, if I enter that door and leave by it later at my town's train station, I'll be right in front of the exit from the platform. ^_^

In other news, my shoes arrived yesterday! SQUEEEE!!! I'll post photos soon. ^_^

-

Old 07-16-2008, 06:56 AM   #388
Game Creator Hobbyist

SQUEEky shoes?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #389
tsa
Playing character

I think SQUEEEEling shoes
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #390
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
It gets better, too. When I was in primary school I knew by heart the sequence of the traffic lights at the large intersection I had to go across every day on my way from and to school. So I knew when I could start walking, even before it actually turned green for me.

Also, from my way to the International School I still know exactly where to stand at the Main train station in Frankfurt so that when the train stops a door is immediately in front of me. And what's more, if I enter that door and leave by it later at my town's train station, I'll be right in front of the exit from the platform.
That's all cool, but if I put you blindfolded somewhere on a street in your home town with your new shoes on, can you feel where you are like Vimes can?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #391

Quote:
That's all cool, but if I put you blindfolded somewhere on a street in your home town with your new shoes on, can you feel where you are like Vimes can?
Not yet, because I usually had shoes through which I couldn't feel the street. But soon. ^_^

It will be a lot more difficult for me, though, as we don't have as many cobbled stone streets.

But with a little practice, I'm sure I could do that. ^_^

-

Old 07-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #392
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
For some reason I stood in line for almost six hours (from 10 pm)… and as a result of that, I've now been able to purchase an iPhone 3G on the day of its release. (And now I should get some sleep before the morning turns into afternoon.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
Gaah! I wanted to buy an iPhone too, but after all the fuss around it... I'm almost ashamed to get one! Can you imagine that!?

--Erwin
I took a look at the iPhone today in Enschede, and was surprised to see that nobody seemed to take an interest in it. Even at MediaMarkt it was free for me to play with. I browsed to the AG website but apparently the wireless signal it got was too weak to do anything. Anyway, I won't buy one. I don't like Apple's tight control over it, and the fact that you can only get it with a T-Mobile subscription.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #393
Lazy Bee

Mr J and I was looking at boats the other day down at the boatyard at the marina close by. We totally fell in love with this one (an Albatross 26). It's bigger than the boat we have today and it's just everything we've ever dreamed about.

We're going back tomorrow to take a closer look at it.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #394
tsa
Playing character

That boat is quite a lot bigger than what you have now isn't it? Does it have the obligatory bird's nest?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #395
Lazy Bee

Quote:
That boat is quite a lot bigger than what you have now isn't it? Does it have the obligatory bird's nest?
A boat like this one would mean a whole different level of comfort compared to the boat we have now.
About the bird's nest: I hope not!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #396
tsa
Playing character

Dear bloggie,

I keep thinking it's sunday today. I would like to have a few more days off, but I will have to go back to work tomorrow. Actually I don't have anything important to say but I just wanted to post something here. In a few minutes I will go to a friend of mine who will show his iPhone to me. He bought it right after it came out, but I don't think he had to stand in line for six hours to get it
Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #397
tsa
Playing character

I am typing this on the iPhone. The first post I type from any phone, not even my own!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:12 AM   #398
Lovable rogue

You probably shouldn't buy the iPhone, it makes you post in the wrong thread.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 07-19-2008, 05:30 AM   #399
tsa
Playing character

Yeah, it got me totally confused. Well I didn't want it anyway.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #400
tsa
Playing character

I splurged on one of these today:

It was only 5 euros, and it's fun!