You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #21
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target43 View Post
Bought a sandwich. It was delicious. It came with a free 50 inch TV.
i wanna sandwich. i wanna 50 inch tv too i guess but then again a fat-ass italian ham subway would be a lot better. and a lot cheaper too.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 10-18-2006, 04:59 AM   #22
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
The reason for my exessive splurging now, is that I've spent the last 5 months without almost any money, and now that I finally got money, I'm kinda over dooing it...
Okay, that's quite a lot . Since last posting here I've only bought King Kong (the remake), Condemned: Criminal Origins and the Poirot DVD boxset that I didn't yet have. And a copy of Permission to Land (the Darkness album). Oh, and I spent £2 at GAME on the pre-order pack for Neverwinter Nights 2 (confound their exclusive on that ). All of which doesn't sound too bad, until one realises that I've had almost no free time in which to use any of this stuff .

Oh, and I almost bought Still Life today. I'm glad I didn't, though, because I've just seen it for about half the price on Amazon.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:43 AM   #23
Retired Buccaneer

Got a copy in the mail today of Le Crabe aux pinces d'or (édition Fac Similé couleurs). Hooray for drinking straight from the bottle and crude stereotypical drawings of Africans!

In all seriousness, I do love me some French-language Tintin. Nice of the French publisher to offer reproductions of earlier editions as well as the current "sanitized" versions. Pity the facsimiles don't make it to English, though. I'd love to see L'ÃŽle Noire (1943 version) translated...
Old 10-20-2006, 08:24 AM   #24
Bad command or file name

I think I picked out my next splurge:

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #25
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Just bought the Sam&Max sketchbook from Steve Purcell off of Telltale's website. Probably a complete waste of money, but what the heck.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #26
DAVE

When I read this title in the main chat I thought someone was discussing masturbation. Please change it.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #27
Super Moderator

A splurge = indulge oneself in some luxury or pleasure.

Describes what is being talked about perfectly. I can't help it if your mind is in the gutter.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #28
merely human

Are you implying that masturbation isn't a luxury or a pleasure?

We could be specific and say that it involves the spending of money. Money that we otherwise could be spending on things we actually need, or at least spending more wisely.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #29
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Are you implying that masturbation isn't a luxury or a pleasure?

We could be specific and say that it involves the spending of money. Money that we otherwise could be spending on things we actually need, or at least spending more wisely.
Yes like me going online to get a simple power source and hard drive then somehow deciding I also needed a new DVD player and memory stick. I'm still kickin my own booty about that
Old 10-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #30
Super Moderator

There was that study that showed that is was good for prostate health.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #31
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
There was that study that showed that is was good for prostate health.
A DVD player and a memory stick?

Go figure .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #32
DAVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
A splurge = indulge oneself in some luxury or pleasure.

Describes what is being talked about perfectly. I can't help it if your mind is in the gutter.
My mind is always in the gutter. And sometimes me too.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #33
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

This weekend, form Thursday to Sunday there's an arrangement in town called "book in sentrum". Lots of author interviews, book signings and such.

First I went to an interview with Bone writer Jeff Smith and Nemi writer Lise Myhre (more about that here)
and a signing with both. For the signing I picked up the complete Bone cartoon (in english) and the newest Nemi book (volume 3) Monsters and meteors

I also picked up an autograph from Jan Guillou for my grandmother, and two times two (one set is for my mother) Knut Nærum books (famous norwegian houmorist. He has written several cartoons and books, and is on a houmor show on tv every friday)

The Madonna riddle is a parody on Dan browns "The Da Vinci code"

Autographs from all three authors

The Solution to the Madonna riddle is a parody of all the solution books that came out after the Da Vinci Code.

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 10-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #34
capsized.

What idiot scribbled all over your new autographs already?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #35
female animal lover

I crossed out my name (in Paint of course)

Old 10-29-2006, 05:01 AM   #36

I was in central Manchester yesterday for a NaNoWriMo writers' meeting (lots of eating and drinking in a pub). And before the meeting I walked around and indulged myself a bit...

Logitech USB joypad, brand new, for £5 from Morgan Computers. The last one in the shop! Tried it out last night and it works great.

Three DVDs for a total of £16 from a second-hand game and DVD shop. (Saw, Saw 2, and Final Fantasy special edition).

A stack of paperback books for £10 from my favourite second-hand book stall near the Arndale Centre.

And then about £10 for lunch and a drink in the pub while chatting to everybody about writing and stuff.

Plus £2.55 return ticket from Bolton to Manchester by train. And £2.60 bus fares to cover the mile from my house to Bolton station and back again!

It's not much of a splurge, as splurges go, but since we're pretty broke at the moment it counts as one.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #37
capsized.

Quote:
I crossed out my name (in Paint of course)
Oh! Btw, what does "saeremne" mean? 'Cause I believe I know what "Med ferdig" is standing for (surprising language similarities, once again)...
Old 10-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #38
female animal lover

(med)with (ferdig)finished (særemne)"main writing assignment" actually I haven't got a clue about the right translation of "særemne" (isn't in my dictionary), I just know what it is. Last year in high school every one has to write a big assignment on an author or a theme. You have to use three books as a basis.

I'm guessing it's a parody on "særemner" written about the Da Vinci Code, or a "særemne" about their books, but since I haven't read "Løsningen på Madonnagåten" yet, I can't say for sure..

Old 10-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #39
capsized.

Quote:
(med)with (ferdig)finished (særemne)"main writing assignment" actually I haven't got a clue about the right translation of "særemne" (isn't in my dictionary), I just know what it is. Last year in high school every one has to write a big assignment on an author or a theme. You have to use three books as a basis.

Heheh, I was right. In German it would've been: Mit(med) fertiger/fertigem(ferdig) (this depends on the gender of the noun) , well, saeremne.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #40

I just got a logitech marble mouse(a $15 trackball, all the higher end ones available were thumb opperated), to potentially replace my intelieyemouse which seemed to be developing a defective right button(although it now bizarrely seemed to have noticed the other mouse and shaped up). It's not as precise as the mouse, although that could just be because I'm not used to it, although it kind of feels better not having to move my entire arm when using it. The lack of a scroll wheel and middle button on it is annoying. I got a button to work as button 3, now it's useable.

Last edited by undeaf; 10-29-2006 at 06:26 PM.