You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #321
The Major Grubert.

And?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #322
Lovable rogue

It was the UK launch of Wii Fit today, and I impulsively bought it. Well, it was less impulse, and more panic buying. Everywhere on the internet had sold out weeks ago, and when I saw one in a Game store I grabbed it. I thought it looked interesting, yet hadn't really decided if I wanted one, sure it's gimmicky which I like, but it's basically exercise, and how much fun can that be? Anyway, I couldn't stand the possibility of deciding I wanted one at a later date, and them being sold out by then, so I had to have it. The shame of being reduced to one of those pitiful people who have to wait for the second batch to be made, would be far too much for me to bear.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #323
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
It was the UK launch of Wii Fit today, and I impulsively bought it. Well, it was less impulse, and more panic buying. Everywhere on the internet had sold out weeks ago, and when I saw one in a Game store I grabbed it. I thought it looked interesting, yet hadn't really decided if I wanted one, sure it's gimmicky which I like, but it's basically exercise, and how much fun can that be? Anyway, I couldn't stand the possibility of deciding I wanted one at a later date, and them being sold out by then, so I had to have it. The shame of being reduced to one of those pitiful people who have to wait for the second batch to be made, would be far too much for me to bear.

If it's any consolation, it's not real exercise. They don't even instruct you on warm up exercises. It's still better than sitting and playing in front of the TV, though.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 04-26-2008, 02:16 AM   #324

My Graphire tablet died on me recently, so I went and got this baby:

I use one at work, so I'm familiar with its degree of awesomeness, but it's nice to have for one for my own projects.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #325

Today I bought season one of 30 Rock. Haven't seen many eps, but loved what I have seen.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #326

I just bought a PS3 bundle pack [Grand Theft Auto] for my nephew, he is doing a building apprenticeship and is doing very well so this his reward [he isnt very acedemic but he tries]
Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader View Post
I just bought a PS3 bundle pack [Grand Theft Auto] for my nephew, he is doing a building apprenticeship and is doing very well so this his reward [he isnt very acedemic but he tries]
Oh, man. You've got to be one of the greatest aunts ever! I bet you earned some serious street cred there.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #328
The Major Grubert.

A new TV (and a Blu-ray player). Wow.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #329
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
My Graphire tablet died on me recently, so I went and got this baby:

I use one at work, so I'm familiar with its degree of awesomeness, but it's nice to have for one for my own projects.
Niiiice. I'm tempted to ditch my Graphire for that one.

--Erwin
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #330
Super Moderator

I really shouldn't have, but I've been going back and forth about getting an MP3 player and I finally got this one:

It isn't fancy but it was about $100 for 4GB and you can expand it with a microSD card. I've never had earbuds and I already hate them. They don't stay in my ears! Is there a trick to that?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #331

That's a nice looking player! I'm not fond of the buds either. (My iPod ones give a subtle crackle for some reason.) If you don't like them you can always get a quality pair of the other kind. They'll probably stand out more than the buds, but are definitely more comfortable.

Speaking of recent splurges, I just bought the Braun CruZar 4. I've been meaning to get an electric razor for a while now and this one has everything I need. (Mainly styling and trimming options instead of just a clean shave, although it can do that too. I like the stubble look. Hmmm, a little to much information?)
Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #332
tsa
Playing character

I also don't like earbuds and I bought a normal pair of headphones instead.

Yesterday I slurged on a 2 GB SD card for only 7 euros. Now I can make an insane amount of pictures on my trip to Sweden in July.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #333
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
I feel your pain. My monitor came with one dead pixel that burns bright green *all* the time.

And thanks to my father, it has a scratch on the screen. It's not deep, but still noticeable.

-
I've tried to fix the red pixel with sofware methods but I still should try the other two possible ways. The pressure method and tapping method. I really would like to get rid of the bright burning red pixel.

My recent splurges include buying couple of plane tickets.
Oh and back in March I finally got myself a decent tv, Samsung 32" tv with both cabel and antella digibox inside it.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #334
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
It isn't fancy but it was about $100 for 4GB and you can expand it with a microSD card. I've never had earbuds and I already hate them. They don't stay in my ears! Is there a trick to that?

Those earbuds look huge - maybe that's the problem.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:15 AM   #335
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazhara7 View Post
Those earbuds look huge - maybe that's the problem.
I think they are photoshopped in Jaz
Old 05-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #336
tsa
Playing character

Today I splurged on my trip to Sweden with my father in July. We go first to Stockholm and then to Norrköping. I booked and paid for the flights and the hotels. I have to go back to the travel agency to book a car too.

Last edited by tsa; 05-26-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Added some more info.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #337
Lazy Bee

Yesterday I bought the 6th season of Star Trek Voyager which means I have the whole series. I started out by getting the 7th season to watch the ending as I had missed it when it still was on TV in Sweden. Then I just started buying season after season.
I'm not sure whether I'll continue buying DS9 after this or just stick to my Voyager series. I know what Mr J thinks about my splurges.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:04 AM   #338
Psychonaut

Last month I worked a ton of overtime for the year end so decided to treat myself......

Ipod Touch is cool.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #339
Game Creator Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo View Post
I can only agree that it's great, except that the drivers for Vista have some trouble. When starting up the computer from "sleep", I have to unplug / replug the tablet to get it working properly. (Otherwise it just acts as a generic mouse.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Ipod Touch is cool.
I'll wait for the 3G version of it to be released in Sweden later this year. (Unless it's horribly expensive or tied to an unreasonable subscription.)
Old 06-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #340
tsa
Playing character

Yesterday I splurged on a new electric razor:

I was sick of the Braun I had for a few months. It only got the short hairs and not the long ones. This Philips razor is much better.