You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #281
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Its lack of teeth?

And, by the way, it's after 12th Night now, so time to take down the Christmas Avatar, Miss Jaz.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #282
tsa
Playing character

How many pluche animals/creatures do you have Jazhara?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #283
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Its lack of teeth?

And, by the way, it's after 12th Night now, so time to take down the Christmas Avatar, Miss Jaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
How many pluche animals/creatures do you have Jazhara?

Uuuh, by now? Many. Though not too many.

However, right now my handpuppet Cthulhu is riding my Mr. Neutron size Rabbit with big pointy teeth into a fight against my Black Knight with disassembling body parts collectible figure.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #284
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Charming.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Charming.

No, really. I don't have that many. These days I really only have the ones that mean something from my childhood, and the others I've sorted out and removed. There were a lot that I didn't have to keep. So now I have the important ones, and am getting some new ones that I like, and that are quirky in some way.

-

Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #286
tsa
Playing character

Last week I bought some intricate 3D puzzles, both from Eureka Puzzle:

The object of this one is to remove the ring (the middle one, not the ones on the end. They are fixed). I had to look up how to do that, and it proved to be virtually impossible because of the way the puzzle is constructed. You have to slide part of the structure through an opening that is actually a bit too narrow for that, so you can't really do it without applying some force. That was a disappointment. The solution is not too hard (three star difficulty rating by the manufacturer) and I had thought of it myself, but I gave up because I thought these puzzles were always easy to do without using any sort of force or extreme fiddling, once you came up with the right solution.

Put the ring back together. That one was not too hard, although it had a five star difficulty rating.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #287

My shark arrived today. It's wonderfully fluffy (yes, a fluffy shark) and soft. I didn't know polyester could be this soft! It's softer than downs. And cuddly.

I've named him "Whitey", as in "White Shark". I can't help but to start going "Dun -dun. Dun-dun dun-dun. Dundundundundundundundundundundun..." every time someone approaches me when I have him with me, at least when that person meets him for the first time.

He's so cute! ^_^

-

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #288
The Major Grubert.

You're going to need a new boat.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #289
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

I just bought the collector's edition of Call of Duty 4.

All of which means that I've gained CoD4, Crysis, Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament III within the last month.

I may need help.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #290
tsa
Playing character

This weekend I thought it necessary to throw some money at myself so I bought a beautiful Nokia E65:

Last edited by tsa; 01-20-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: It needs to be perfect.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #291
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'd buy a Japanese phone if those technological wonders worked outside of Japan. So many generations ahead of the western mobile phones.

For now I'm stuck with my bug filled Nokia N73 which is a really bad phone.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #292

It's been some time ago already, but I think it still qualifies as "Recent".

I've bought a remote controlled Dalek. I received the gold-brown coloured version. And I never realised the thing would be as big as it is: It goes to slightly below my knee, or 32 cm tall. And it has several quotes it can make. It is simply awesome, and even my middle sister loves it.

Good thing they're finally airing Doctor Who Season 1 on German television. Like I said, I despise the voice, and "Pity the Gelth" just doesn't translate well either, but still, it's fun, and my middle sister likes it.

Also, I've bought several Dungeons and Dragons miniatures, although in some cases the term "Miniature" is really used loosely, as the Colossal Red Dragon I bought is 35 cms tall, and at least 30 cms wide, making it overall larger than the Dalek I mentioned earlier.

I'll supply photos once I find something to take them with.

Oh! And as whoever pointed it out to me back then, I've finally bought two "My Little Cthulhu" (normal green version, and Limited Angry Red edition), as well as a package of "My Little Victims". ^_^

-

Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #293
The Major Grubert.

Thermapen.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #294

A new bow! ^_^

I'm now pulling 30 lbs instead of 18 lbs.

Needless to say, I can not yet fully pull the bow out, but I'm working on it. (I have to pull it out 20 to 30 times a day as practice).

Pictures will follow later.

-

Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #295
Lazy Bee

I recently bought Star Trek Voyager season 4 from (Swedish ebay) Tradera. It hasn't arrived in my mail yet, but should be due any day now.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #296
Flower bower bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
That's a nifty little thermometer, Speck! I've added it to my wish list.

I just bought a platform bed. I've been wanting to simplify for a long time. I've had a boxspring and mattress on a metal frame with an attached headboard for years and always used a dust ruffle. My existing headboard is nice, but it only fits on one wall. Since the new headboard is lower, I'll be able to put it under one of the windows as well. I'm also replacing two old and rather tattered hand-me-down dressers with a new one with nearly the same storage capacity (8 drawers instead of 9), which will give me more flexibility. The dresser and 2-drawer nightstand are being delivered tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #297
The Reggienator

I bought couple of weeks ago a new TFT monitor.

Samsung Syncmaster 2032BW.

I am a bit sad that it has one dead pixel that burns bright red sometimes.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 02-09-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I bought couple of weeks ago a new TFT monitor.

Samsung Syncmaster 2032BW.

I am a bit sad that it has one dead pixel that burns bright red sometimes.
I feel your pain. My monitor came with one dead pixel that burns bright green *all* the time.

And thanks to my father, it has a scratch on the screen. It's not deep, but still noticeable.

-

Old 02-09-2008, 08:36 AM   #299
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

One of the few good things about my computer dying a year ago was that the replacement didn't have a dead pixel in the mniddle of the screen. I agree that they're supremely irritating, and I wish that most companies didn't insist on you having a minimum number of dead pixels before they carry out a repair.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #300
The Reggienator

Yeah, I think it's 10 pixels minimum before they repair it?