You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #121
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

congrats.. just don't come here and beat me up..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #122
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Dear AG Community Blog,

Hello! It's been a little while, hasn't it? I can see you're becoming overrun by smilies and other such nonsensical silliness that every other Chit Chat thread gets contaminated with. I would certainly love to save you from such a terrible fate; however, I can't guarantee that I'm even capable of such a feat.

Yesterday, the Telltale office's internet died, meaning that for my two-minute spurts of entertaining myself when I need a break from actually working, I had to resort to folding origami figures instead of snarkily posting on such forums as this one. It made me sad, but at the same time, everyone in the office seemed sad (particularly the web development team) so that might have also contributed to the sadness. Or maybe I just wasn't caffeinated enough.

That evening, my one-man fan club showed me a picture of himself from when he was closer to my age. He was hot back then.

Later today, I'll be returning to the Great White North to visit family for Thanksgiving weekend. Thus, I won't be around all that much during said weekend. Not that anyone really cares or anything; I just thought I'd mention it in case someone here actually did.

Yeah, that's about it. Told you my life wasn't all that interesting. (And if I didn't... well, now you know.)
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #123
merely human

My dear Blogsie,

Yesterday I finally met with the Production and Wholesale Coordinator for the Museum Shop of The Getty Center to interview for the position of Assistant Buyer. Right away it was comfortable for me, and the more I talked with her the more inspired I became to want to be part of it. I pray that they'll consider me for the job. She threw out most of the scripted questions (god, I hate those!) and we had what you might call a 'polished casual' conversation about stores, services, products, and art and culture. I loved that. She is definitely someone I would love to work with - polished yet also candid and real.

Afterwards I explored the Getty Center. It was - by god!! - easily one of the most beautiful places I've been in the world. Everything I've heard and seen about it is true. It's a venerable masterpiece of stately architecture. The art collection is massive (all five pavilions of it!). I forgot how hungry I was (didn't eat breakfast, only had juice and coffee) but I fed off the paintings in the Renaissance and Flemish galleries (home again, steeped in art!!! Mmmmmm!!). The views from the hilltop are magnificent.

I'll have my fingers crossed up until I hear from them. I was the first to be interviewed and I have no idea who my competitors are. I just hope I turn out the most qualified, with my background in art and design, and my experience working in some of the world's top museums. Pleeeeeezzz!!!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #124
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
Yesterday, the Telltale office's internet died, meaning that for my two-minute spurts of entertaining myself when I need a break from actually working
LMAO! Glad to know Im not the only one.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #125
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I'm a girl, remember? I don't have any body parts that spurt.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 AM   #126
Hitch-Hiker

Kidding. =p

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #127
merely human

O god. Mr. German Scientist in Berlin wants to come visit me for a couple days next April (as a side trip after his lecture in South America). He's hanging on my every word. Though it would be wonderful (I love having long discussions with him about things like philosophy, politics, and art), I can't possibly ignite yet another long distance affair. NO!!

EDIT:

samsie

WTF is it with you German men that you have to be so goddamn attractive?!!!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien

Last edited by Intrepid Homoludens; 10-05-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #128
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky
I'm a girl, remember? I don't have any body parts that spurt.
That's what YOU think! But that's a topic for a whole other thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
LMAO! Glad to know Im not the only one.
Lol, you, 2 minutes? I don't think so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
O god. Mr. German Scientist in Berlin wants to come visit me for a couple days next April.
Sounds dreamy...

Get him over and sample his bratwurst!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #129
merely human

Yes, but now I'm inundated with dreamy men. He's not the only one. What did I get myself into?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #130
Lovable rogue

You should hold auditions.

I volunteer myself for the mandatory position of smarmy Brit on the panel.

I promise to be thorough and test drive every man, before giving my honest verdict.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-05-2006, 11:28 AM   #131
merely human

Do not get me started on hot Brit men now. Between you and silvsie my hands are more than full at the mo----

shit.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #132
Hitch-Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post

Lol, you, 2 minutes? I don't think so!
Your right, 2 hours.

Ye be warned, Trep.

_

Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #133
merely human

I don't do quickies. Takes time to build up a most intense and incredible climax and the journey along the way can often be the most sensually knee-weakening part. Quickies are for post-pube kiddies who don't know wtf they're doing (which is why I don't care to date much younger guys, though there are some exceptions ).
Old 10-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #134
Creepy Father Figure

You guys are SOOOO gay boyfriend material!! Trep, just what kind of accent doesn't turn you on dear friend
Old 10-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #135
It's Hard To Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
That evening, my one-man fan club showed me a picture of himself from when he was closer to my age. He was hot back then.
Ah, and once again, it is my turn to blush.

I suppose I shouldn't bother updating that image to my current look, then. No doubt it was just mess with my mojo.

*goes off to upload new photo anyway*
Old 10-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #136
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
You guys are SOOOO gay boyfriend material!!
And what am I...chopped liver?

Share the love.

<3
Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #137
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

My dear Blogsie,

Yesterday I finally met with the Production and Wholesale Coordinator for the Museum Shop of The Getty Center to interview for the position of Assistant Buyer. Right away it was comfortable for me, and the more I talked with her the more inspired I became to want to be part of it. I pray that they'll consider me for the job. She threw out most of the scripted questions (god, I hate those!) and we had what you might call a 'polished casual' conversation about stores, services, products, and art and culture. I loved that. She is definitely someone I would love to work with - polished yet also candid and real.

Afterwards I explored the Getty Center. It was - by god!! - easily one of the most beautiful places I've been in the world. Everything I've heard and seen about it is true. It's a venerable masterpiece of stately architecture. The art collection is massive (all five pavilions of it!). I forgot how hungry I was (didn't eat breakfast, only had juice and coffee) but I fed off the paintings in the Renaissance and Flemish galleries (home again, steeped in art!!! Mmmmmm!!). The views from the hilltop are magnificent.

I'll have my fingers crossed up until I hear from them. I was the first to be interviewed and I have no idea who my competitors are. I just hope I turn out the most qualified, with my background in art and design, and my experience working in some of the world's top museums. Pleeeeeezzz!!!!!
Good for you Trep. I hope you get the job too

Firefox rules
Old 10-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #138
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Sorry I left you out Sage, it will never happen again (lielielielie)
Old 10-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #139
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
More like pâté.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #140
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Dear AGCB™,

Nothing. Precisely nothing.

That's how much interest I have in doing pretty much anything at the moment. I'd play a game, but I don't feel like it. I'd read a book, but I don't feel like it. I don't feel like watching a film (and it's getting too late for that). I'd chat with a friend on MSN, but I just don't feel like talking to any of the ones that are actually online (much to their relief, I'd wager).

At this point - and given that it's 0030 - I'm tempted to go to bed. But you guessed it... I don't feel like.

There's not much that I feel like doing. Except for post unnecessary, self-indulgent complaints on community blogs, it would appear.

Over and I can't be bothered,

RPTWL

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.