You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #1141
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Actually, I edited that out. I couldn't stand the thought of quoting a Striesand song in one of my posts.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #1142
Creepy Father Figure

That's my boy!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 AM   #1143
The Greater

*goes off to listen to the new Ne-Yo album*
Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #1144
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
[We don't sing Barbera Striesand in this house young man! We sing Norah Jones, Wiilie Nelson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, ZZ Top and of course Bowling for Soup
.....and also some Queen, Billy Joel, Thin Lizzy, The Ark and the occasional Abba song every now and then.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 AM   #1145
kamikaze hummingbirds

I went to see the Manic Street Preachers at the Wolverhampton Civic last night, I wondered, as I was in that room surrounded by a large amount of people, if there were any fellow forumites there?
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 AM   #1146
Explode the Universe!

Send a message via MSN to SnorkleCat Send a message via Yahoo to SnorkleCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
I had a worm in my bread that I bought a few months ago.

They gave some coupons, which was nice.
They'd have had to furnish me with a nice stay at a mental institution if that had happened to me.
I have no problem dealing with spiders or snakes or anything else...but I just don't do worms of any sort. My hair is standing on end just reading about it.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #1147
The Greater

So what happens when your cats suffer from worms?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #1148
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnorkleCat View Post
They'd have had to furnish me with a nice stay at a mental institution if that had happened to me.
I have no problem dealing with spiders or snakes or anything else...but I just don't do worms of any sort. My hair is standing on end just reading about it.
It was actually a really crazy situation as I had just opened the bread bag and I was just about to put butter on the first piece of bread and then I saw something moving on top of the bread.

I freaked out.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #1149
merely human

What was Wormsie doing in your sandwich, Kolzig?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM   #1150
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
What was Wormsie doing in your sandwich, Kolzig?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #1151

Today I found out that a girl at my workplace is going to be leaving soon, and I'm kicking myself now. We shared a number of interests and was a cool person to boot, so I really should have gotten to know her. I hope I finally learn to socialize more, cause I don't want to lose contact with any more neat people.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #1152
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
I hope I finally learn to socialize more, cause I don't want to lose contact with any more neat people.
BINGO.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 AM   #1153
Kung Fu Code Poet

Living next door to Alice, eh?
Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #1154
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
Today I found out that a girl at my workplace is going to be leaving soon, and I'm kicking myself now. We shared a number of interests and was a cool person to boot, so I really should have gotten to know her. I hope I finally learn to socialize more, cause I don't want to lose contact with any more neat people.
Ask for her contact details or I will come to your house and I will just kick you.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #1155
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Ask for her contact details or I will come to your house and I will just kick you.
Good job Ham, tell him like it is

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 AM   #1156
merely human

You don't ever wanna get kicked by a Hammerite. Right, Garrett?

Garrett:
Old 05-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #1157
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Dear diary/bloggie.

Yesterday was my old school reunion. I hadn't seen some of those people in at least 12 years. I got to talk with almost everyone there and that was really nice, the weather was great and warm and the place where the reunion was held was excellent.

Lots of alcohol was drank of course and even our old teacher was there.
I got some photos from the reunion and I should've propably taken a better camera than the mobile phone camera I have in my N73. Some of the photos are great, some are a bit shaky.

In the end I had to take care of one friend and make sure that he got to his home to sleep. That really got me thinking that why I am always the one who takes care of everyone else. I guess I have that sort of a high morale that I just can't leave anyone behind. I have to take care of those who need help. Many people told me that while others are more like social and positive people when they are drinking in a group and I become some kind of "gentleman", that's the exact word that they used. Sometimes I find it frustrating that I'm always the good guy in those situations, I don't know?

This reunion thing was excellent in so many ways, for a guy like me who practically lives in the past every day, yesterday gave me so much more information from the past, the present and the future. It also filled a lot of holes that are there in the past. In a way it's also bad for me, because now my head is so filled with all those thoughts and happenings from yesterday and also the entire past of my life. There was even this one girl there, my old crush. I should've talked with her a lot more about various things. It was quite a shock for me to hear that she has lived in Vaasa all these years and I thought back then that she moved away to another city. I feel like if I would've known that she has been around here all this time, then a lot of things could've been different, maybe... Who knows? Anyway I'm throwing around way too many would, should, could words.

Here's me from yesterday as photographed by one of my old schoolmates. She is moving to Australia to work next week, simply too cool if you ask me.

"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.

Last edited by Kolzig; 05-27-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #1158
Retired Buccaneer

*rant born of frustration and despair follows*

The more I browse the Internet, the more I wonder if American anti-Europeanism is in fact rather justified.

I'll admit the current US administration is pretty bad, and I understand why those abroad don't like it. But Bush is by no means the root cause of anti-Americanism; rather, he gave it a convenient excuse to blossom.

From experience I know that most Europeans are nice, gentle folk with plenty of manners, true enough, and this post isn't directed at them.

But there's a vocal minority, present even on this very forum, who think "wit" consists of throwing pointless anti-American jabs into threads where they have no real place, and expecting others to laugh. It bespeaks an arrogance and a willingness to fall back on ignorant stereotypes.

And I wonder: if they can feel good about negatively stereotyping us, why shouldn't we feel good when doing likewise with them?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #1159
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig View Post
Sometimes I find it frustrating that I'm always the good guy in those situations, I don't know?
As long as you don't turn into one of those good guys who starts acting like an asshole just because he thinks it'll impress girls, you'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
But there's a vocal minority, present even on this very forum, who think "wit" consists of throwing pointless anti-American jabs into threads where they have no real place, and expecting others to laugh. It bespeaks an arrogance and a willingness to fall back on ignorant stereotypes.

And I wonder: if they can feel good about negatively stereotyping us, why shouldn't we feel good when doing likewise with them?
As a Canadian, does that mean I get to negatively stereotype everyone?
Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #1160
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMachine View Post
From experience I know that most Europeans are nice, gentle folk with plenty of manners, true enough, and this post isn't directed at them.

You think that it's bad for Americans, try being a Texan. They keep blaming us for all the troubles.