You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 PM   #1061
merely human

I both held my breath then exhaled for you, Jelsie. Thank god it's a negative.

Anyh000z...

I
've been back from San Francisco (returned Monday evening). My experience there is almost beyond words, but I'll throw a few around as impressions - atmospheric, romantic, haunting, bustling, crisp, soothing, enveloping, necessary, intense, moody, lazy, intoxicating, and.....marvelous.

I've made two new frieds. T, the indie filmmaker, with whom I had the most amazing time on a Friday night tikki bar hopping, and who exhibits a sweet boyish screwed up sense of humour parallel to my own. The other new friend is N, an executive in the pharmaceutical industry, an extremely private and secluded man, sensitive, intuitive, intellectual, and otherwise unreachable, even invisible, to those who operate on mainstream frequencies. He and I dined at this superb little Italian place tucked away in Russian Hill and populated by its neighbours, a Woody Allen crowd, and we talked of things most people never do, because they're blithe or scared.

Those of you here whose address I have will receive a postcard soon. If you do not, expect one from L.A.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #1062
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Great news, Jelena, glad to hear it.

Wow, that looks like one incredible town. Wish I was there, and not stuck where I am.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #1063
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

Let's all go together. We can sleep in the Telltale office.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #1064
The Greater

What? That hideous green carpet at Telltale?

Last edited by Giligan; 04-25-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #1065
The Major Grubert.

Jolly good.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #1066
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I was thinking more of the couches in the Romper Room, but whatev'.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #1067
Lazy Bee

Thanks friends for you kind words. My thoughts are with all those who weren't as lucky as I was.

@Trep
Great to hear you had a wonderful stay in S.F!

@Squinky
Yes, let's all go there!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #1068
The Greater

A few new books, Military Small Arms of the 20th Century and To the Limit: An Air Cav Huey Pilot in Vietnam arrived. I've been immensely enjoying them.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #1069
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Oh man, it certainly is true that an athlete never sees a healthy day, like they say around here.

We had our first and only pre-season football match today and only after ten minutes I banged my head against my brother's head in header situation in our defensive end.

I ended up with a broken lip, busted eyebrow and my brother suffered a slight concussion. We certainly are professional players, oh yes we are...
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #1070
Lazy Bee

Were you and your brother in the same team and knocked each other out?
*shakes head*

Oh, you Finnish men........

j/k I hope you both are feeling better now.
And remember: No Koskenkorva for you this weekend.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:49 AM   #1071
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

Yeah, we play in the same team, he as central defenseman and I'm a left defenseman... I didn't communicate anything when it happened. I should've noticed that he was coming to jump at the ball.

Yeah, no Koskenkorva for me today. I'll settle for a nice ice-cold Hartwall Gin Long Drink.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #1072
Lovable rogue

My level of annoyance is through the roof right now. My 'friend' (and I'm using that term loosely right now) has cancelled on me twice in one day!

What a complete and utter flake, I'm seriously not going to bother with him anymore.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #1073
merely human

If you think you've got it bad, hon, just imagine living in an entire city filled his type.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #1074
Lovable rogue

That's a scary thought.

Luckily for me, another friend came to my rescue, so my stunning outfit and artfully lined eyes won't be going to waste tonight!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #1075
merely human

LOL! I think he'd be more interested in what's inside that stunning outfit.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #1076
kamikaze hummingbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post

If you think you've got it bad, hon, just imagine living in an entire city filled his type.
Which type?
"The Best To You Each Morning"?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #1077
Creepy Father Figure

I am more of a frosted flake. I'm sweet on the outside
Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #1078
Lazy Bee

[rant]
I think I just ended a no-good friendship today by writing an answer to an e-mail I got the other day. Lately I've been evasive towards this person and I've been hesitating for a long time to speak out that I haven't got enough energy to stay friends with her. She sucks out all my energy when we meet. I feel reduced to being a pair of ears.
I really don't think she has noticed the imbalance in our friendship. She takes but hasn't much to give, unless it somehow leads the discussion back to her and her problems.
Anyway, without having been rude I hope my message got through to her.

[/rant!]
Old 05-02-2007, 10:13 AM   #1079
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
[rant]
I think I just ended a no-good friendship today by writing an answer to an e-mail I got the other day. Lately I've been evasive towards this person and I've been hesitating for a long time to speak out that I haven't got enough energy to stay friends with her. She sucks out all my energy when we meet. I feel reduced to being a pair of ears.
I really don't think she has noticed the imbalance in our friendship. She takes but hasn't much to give, unless it somehow leads the discussion back to her and her problems.

[/rant!]
Please don't hit me.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #1080
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
[rant]

[/rant!]

I was in that same type of situation a few years ago, you did best, cut the friendship ties, and move on with life. If she was really a friend to you then everything wouldn’t come back to her and what she wants. You have plenty of friends and friends that care about you, you are better off with out her.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky