You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 PM   #81
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Jat said
A couple of the guys I knew were in drag, which was hilarious. Just imagine a pair of size 11 shiny red high heels!
Try driving down the road with about 5 drunk drag queens and since your the one guy that's dressed as a man, sober, and straight you have a big bullseye pinned on ya. It was a miracle I never wrecked, and that I'm still Hetro
Old 10-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #82
It's Hard To Be Humble

Hello Aggie

Looks liek I really will be sitting up massaging this horrid brochure and pamphlet ad copy until it doesn't read like technical data and the ravings of a bespittled business owner whose feverish brain is running overtime with ways to overcomplicate every piece of work we've submitted to date, and she wants to see the results in the morning.

I have no words for how excited I am at this prospect. So I've got the headphones on, I'm grooving to Jamiroquai, and wishing I wasn't alone on this. However, my sister is stuck up north waiting to take several meetings tomorrow, and my wife has thrown in the towel on this gig, so I'm stuck with it, even though she's been dominating the ad copy side of our business for months. Good thing I was a writer before I got into this graphic design business, huh?

But I'd rather be dancing the night away. I'm not even joking. I need to get out and move around until my body stops feeling so sluggish and useless. Maybe a short walk will help.

Well, maybe I'll finish typing out all of the relevant text revision requests before taking the walk. After that, it's the long boring night of making crap sound inspired.

Have a good night, Aggie.

now playing: Jamiroquai - Corner of the Earth
Old 10-01-2006, 10:58 PM   #83
merely human

To the sensuous German in Honolulu who expressed a great sadness that I was far away from him, I wrote:

Quote:
you're one of the most delicious men i've ever met, K. the feeling is far more piquant at this point in my life, now that i've experienced so many things - pleasure, ecstacy, sadness, limbo, agony, hunger, desire, satiety. it's because of these experiences that a man like you sharpens into focus for me while other men blur and become pale and washed out.

i think that, beyond just sex, to simply lie with you would be like a great sigh, and to press my face in your chest as you smile down at me would be like the world relaxing its shoulders.
I find it amazing how technology - despite detractors claiming that it creates distance between people and propagates hermetic lives - can actually invite that much more intimacy between people who are otherwise separated from each other by great distances.

And is that any different at all from the letters written by friends and lovers during the Renaissance, or postcards sent from a sister or aunt travelling in France?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #84
Second Degree Black Belt

Dear AG blog,

I must tell you of my weekend. My family and I went to High Falls about a half hour drive from our house to have a picnic in the park with our church members. It was nice only about 10 people came but it was fun being with the family. Matt, Jenna and I went fishing before the park started filling up... it was chilly and I loved it. I started fishing and of course catching a bunch of grass, but that was all going to change. I cast out over some weeds thinking that I am going to soon hang up my pole b/c people would be coming soon. Then it happened a strike I was so excited. I was jumping up and down yelling Matt, Matt I got one come here. My husband being the pessimist said “no you don’t have anything you hung on a tree”. I said "no you bone head come here logs don’t make swirls in the water, now come here". so then he ran over and said “well crap I guess you did get a fish real it in”, I said “what do you that I'm doing my taxes”? So I go the fish to the bank and it was the biggest fish I have ever caught. I was a large mouth bass and it was 3 1/2 lbs. Matt said it was bigger then most of the fish that he caught. I said "look honey I caught dinner", Matt said "I'm going to eat well", b/c I don’t eat fish. so anyway we got him home and Matt said it was the biggest fish that we have ever had in the house. I was so excited. If you would like to see pictures let me know and I will post them. So that was my weekend it was great.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 AM   #85
Creepy Father Figure

Well ifin ye got pics post um girly!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:12 AM   #86
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Well ifin ye got pics post um girly!

well if that aint a hillbilly after my own heart. that almost sounds like something my Granny would say

Old 10-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #87
It's Hard To Be Humble

Nice catch. Be sure to tell us what Matt thought of it.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #88
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo View Post
Nice catch. Be sure to tell us what Matt thought of it.
he thought it was great... and he said it tasted even better

Old 10-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #89
It's Hard To Be Humble

*smiles*
Old 10-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #90
Lazy Bee

Great catch Bulldog!
It's also great to see a picture of you! You look just as nice and friendly as your posts are.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #91
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Great catch Bulldog!
It's also great to see a picture of you! You look just as nice and friendly as your posts are.

thank you...... but some might disagree with you. Some people think that I mean and nasty, but like I said before most times my bark is way worst then the bite....teehee

Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #92
It's Hard To Be Humble

Hi, Aggie.

And so it finally happened. I had to have the talk with my client, who keeps making my life a living hell. I had to tell her that Photoshopping images together and apart takes more time than she thinks (if you want to do it for print applications, anyway). I had to explain to her that text changes aren't a serious problem unless you ask for major revisions, which take much long than most would expect. Rewriting and reformatting always sounds easy until you have to do it on two hours' sleep. She wanted more text here, and less text there. She wanted text from one topic She wanted all of her temporary promotional material on the pamphlet, where there's no room. She wanted me to plaguerize the source material more closely. And after I had the talk with her about what pamphlets versus brochures versus presentation folders are for, she finally backed down.

I think this job may actually go to print soon. I can have my life back soon. I can catch up on my sleep again soon.

Oh happy day, Aggie. Happy indeed.

*goes off to have a little cry*

WAIT! Hold the phone! She just called again. One more edit. One. More. Word.

And then... she sends me the information for the FTP site of her printer! JOY!

*collapses, frothing at mouth, wriggling*
Old 10-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #93
merely human

< looks at Matt eating the fish > Congrats on a fabulous catch, bullsie.

..... oh, and good job on catching the fish, too.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #94
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

*stops the timer*

It only took nine and a half hours for someone to make that joke. Not bad .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #95
merely human

Baby, you know you can always count on me.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #96
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
*stops the timer*

Your just jealous that you didn’t do it first …. That’s ok we can’t all be as quick on our feet as Trep. Maybe he will teach you but you have to come to the dark side ….teehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Baby, you know you can always count on me.
well gosh…. Thanks , if Matt hadn’t made such a piggy out of himself you could have shared the fish. but noooooooo Matt wanted to eat it all. But that’s ok….. his weight is about 130 lbs and he is 5’10 can you say “bean pole” …teehee.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #97
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Your just jealous that you didn’t do it first …. That’s ok we can’t all be as quick on our feet as Trep. Maybe he will teach you but you have to come to the dark side ….teehee
I was tempted to make the joke a few hours ago, actually, but I decided that it probably wasn't in keeping with my character. Or something.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #98
Lovable rogue

I want the secret smutty side of Robsie to be unleashed.

One day all these years of being prim and proper will break down, and it will be like the opening of Pandora's Box.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 10-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #99
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
I was tempted to make the joke a few hours ago, actually, but I decided that it probably wasn't in keeping with my character. Or something.
So you refrained in order to save face? My dear, where is your sense of daring? Or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat316sob View Post
One day all these years of being prim and proper will break down, and it will be like the opening of Pandora's Box.
Robsie's real name is Pandora?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #100
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
*stops the timer*

Damn, I didn't know we were being timed