You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #7881
Lazy Bee

What is that? A Finnish sci fi film?
That sounds.....weird....
Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #7882
Filmfreak

Alright, very glad to hear Iron Sky is finally out! Still no word on a Belgian release, though.
I've been checking in on the production for this for several years now (ever since they put out that teaser and asked for fan funding), and I saw the full trailer a month ago.
Looking forward to seeing it. I'm expecting it to be "so bad it's good". It should be, with Udo "creepiest eyes ever" Kier in a large role...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #7883
It's Hard To Be Humble

I am a self-promoting fool, lately (stress on the word 'fool'). I'll tell you, though, it's exhausting and not as rewarding as I'd hoped. I've had a couple of pretty good weeks, but it's quieting down again, and I still haven't found a way to make it pay off. Life, I tell you.

I've decided to make this the last place I post THIS MUSIC BLOG POST, simply because I wanted to share some stuff with you folks that I've been thinking might actually make pretty good game music. Not orchestral music, I know, but I've been planning on remaking a lot of this stuff.

Anyway, I think I'm going to spend some time writing and recording a new video, because it's been a while since I posted a video. It'll give me one more excuse to use some of my newly-digitized instrumental jam music, but more to the point, I think I need to change tactics with this self-promotion thing, maybe drum up a few more readers who AREN'T that interested in reading my long posts.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #7884
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
What is that? A Finnish sci fi film?
That sounds.....weird....
Do you know Star Wreck? It's the same people who made those, only this time it's a proper movie, and actually had the biggest budget of a Finnish film ever They had a Kickstarter thing at some point, crowdsourcing, all sorts of stuff, done by basically amateurs with nothing more than a couple self-made parodies behind them - and they actually apparently managed to make it pretty good.

I haven't followed the project so much, but it's still quite a thing
Old 04-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #7885
Stalker of Britain

I feel content with the world right now. Went out drinking with good friends last night; it was so fun to let go.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #7886
tsa
Playing character

I'm getting sick of being in the hospital.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #7887
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

I'm sorry that you're still ill, dear tsa. I hope you will be better very soon! Please keep us updated on your condition. I always thought you would be the one looking after the binder of 2D attendees (you remember, pictures of those not being able to make it to an AG gathering but want to be there in spirit!) Any volunteers?

It seems like it's been a long time since I posted in here. I'm still working on and off at the university, doing shorter assignments and contracts around campus, each lasting several weeks, some a month long. Some of the contracts have me working back in the same building where I worked for three years, but on a different floor. (It's been six months since that long contract ended, I'm much less bitter about things, but I always try to avoid running into that evil team leader woman whenever I'm there. ) The time between assignments has been mostly wonderful. I've been catching up on my manga reading, eating lunch at restaurants I've never tried before ("table for one" is a refreshing experience), and going on long walks and nature hikes in the city in my VFFs (and watching/hearing people's reactions to such unusual shoes! )
Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #7888
Stalker of Britain

It's good to hear from you both; I feel like you two haven't posted in awhile.

Tsa-I'm so sorry, and I hope you can get out of the hospital as soon as possible. <3

Trunkyo-I'm glad you're enjoying your freetime.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #7889
tsa
Playing character

You're making me jealous Trunk; that is exactly what I want to do when I get out of the hospital. Enjoy life more and be less at home. In summer, if I can, I want to drive to a beautiful part of the Netherlands, take a hotel there for one or two nights, look around a bit, and go back home a few times. We have high hopes for the operation next Wednesday so hopefully I improve enough to be able to do all that.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #7890
It's Hard To Be Humble

tsa: I'm sorry to hear you're having problems again. Hopefully, they'll be able to do something more permanent to ease your suffering this time. Barring that, I at least hope you'll be able to leave soon.

Trunkyo: Sounds pretty cool. You and I have to hook up one of these days. Maybe we should stage our own mini-AG Meet.

In other news, I'm taking the day off. The weather has been very weird today, and both my energy levels and mood are at low ebb today, so no music, no writing, no art, no nothing. I'm listening to Genesis and thinking of playing an AG and chilling out. If I like it well enough, I may extend it to tomorrow. I worked on music through the weekend, but basically don't like much of what I did, except THIS.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #7891
It's Hard To Be Humble

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm seriously thinking of starting an Indiegogo project (kinda like a Kickstarter project, only for the rest of us) to finish the album and maybe start the next one featuring my old band. I know Kickstarter has become all the rage, but they don't like paying outside of the US, so it's no use to me yet. Any thoughts?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #7892
Game Creator Hobbyist

Another option for that kind of thing is Pledge Music. All I know about them though is that I got the latest CD from Australian a cappella group The Idea of North through them.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #7893
tsa
Playing character

Well. Today should have been the Big Day, in which they would fix the problem they found which caused me to feel so bad. But at the last moment the doctors decided that they want to study the data they have gathered from me more, in order to better prepare for the operation. I have no idea how long they want to study, but it will be more than a week before I'm 'due' again. Of course, better safe than sorry but this does mean that Hastings is out of the question now for me . I feel really sad about that because I had looked forward to it so much! I hope you'll all send me cards and pictures .
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #7894
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Well. Today should have been the Big Day, in which they would fix the problem they found which caused me to feel so bad. But at the last moment the doctors decided that they want to study the data they have gathered from me more, in order to better prepare for the operation. I have no idea how long they want to study, but it will be more than a week before I'm 'due' again. Of course, better safe than sorry but this does mean that Hastings is out of the question now for me . I feel really sad about that because I had looked forward to it so much! I hope you'll all send me cards and pictures .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #7895
Stalker of Britain

^What he said.

I'm so sorry you can't go to Hastings, and have to stay in that hospital longer than planned. I was also very excited in meeting you.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:46 AM   #7896
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Of course, better safe than sorry but this does mean that Hastings is out of the question now for me .
Health comes of course first.
Quote:
I feel really sad about that because I had looked forward to it so much! I hope you'll all send me cards and pictures .
It won't be the same without you. But I promise to send pictures.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #7897
tsa
Playing character

Yesterday my parents took me to their home. It's great to be out of the hospital again! I am very weak so I have some strengthening up to do now. I'll be back in the hospital in about 2 - 3 weeks for the operation.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #7898
Filmfreak

Good to hear you're out of the hospital for a while! Enjoy it!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #7899
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Yesterday my parents took me to their home. It's great to be out of the hospital again!
Yay!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #7900
It's Hard To Be Humble

I hope everything works out for you, tsa.