You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #4321
tsa
Playing character

Dear Blogsie,

I dreamt the weirdest dream just then. 'They' had invented a white fluffy stuff, not made from oil, that could be very important for the car industry. You could make every part of a car with it, just by treating it in different ways for different parts. The stuff got better with age, but after 19 years it would slowly start to deteriorate again. In some way, my father had gotten hold of some of the stuff. It looked like white cotton candy, and it tasted quite good. For a reason that is totally unclear to me, we set up a meeting with one of my mother's brothers' family to show them the stuff and talk about it. My father even made a model of a car engine with a gearbox to show that even those parts of the car could be made from the new white stuff. We all agreed that Obama should make it mandatory for car manufacturers to use the stuff, so cars would be a lot more environmentally friendly in the future. Then I got a headache and the dream stopped. I woke up later when the headache was almost over.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #4322
Lazy Bee

tsa
That's such a weird dream. It must have been fun to dream.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #4323
kamikaze hummingbirds

To Blayarogg,

Chipped a tiny bit of my tooth at Taekwondo last night - I can't stop running my tongue over it, which is causing some pain to my tongue.

In other news, I've named other Final Fantasy VII characters to prove my puerility.
Yuffie is now Swine Flu, Cid is Bedwetter, and Vincent is Ian.

I'm also reading a Lovecraft short story compilation, and readying some boxes to pack CDs and stuff in.

-- Ham... er, right?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #4324
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
tsa
That's such a weird dream. It must have been fun to dream.
It was, except for the headache part. I always like to figure out where the different elements in the dream came from. I haven't gotten far with that though.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #4325
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I've been sick for the past couple of days from some kind of plague I caught at a video game convention I went to over the weekend. There have so far been a few confirmed cases of H1N1 at said convention. I myself don't know whether I have it yet, but hopefully it's just a regular seasonal flu of some sort.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #4326
Stalker of Britain

Aww, I hope you don't have swine flu, Squinky!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #4327
Psychonaut

I owuldn't worry.

Pig Plague isn't that much worse than the normal flu.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #4328
tsa
Playing character

I just thought: what's with Squinky, she hasn't been on the forums for a while now? Get well soon Squinks! Mexican or swine flu may not be so bad, but it does take a while to get over it.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #4329
Creepy Father Figure

I'm #3 in our house down with the flu. A pox on it!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #4330
The Major Grubert.

I'm not looking forward to this flu season and am looking forward to a vaccination. Let us all who can do this do it, and soon.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #4331
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Speck Of Cereal View Post
I'm not looking forward to this flu season and am looking forward to a vaccination. Let us all who can do this do it, and soon.
I belong to one of the risk groups, and although my former boss wants me to go to a conference in the first week of October, I refused because I don't think I will get the injection before that. After the injection you also need a week or so to make enough antibodies, so going to a conference that early is out of the question. I think I'll also avoid restaurants and movie theatres for a while from now on.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #4332
Stalker of Britain

Aww, that sucks Daddy/rlpw. My Louie has a cold, he's been constantly snuffing and spitting out phlem.
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-10-2009, 12:37 AM   #4333
tsa
Playing character

The worst that happened to me until now is that I've been stung by mosquitos a lot yesterday while taking pictures in the Aamsveen:

It itches,but I'm fairly immune to mosquite bites so it's not so bad.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #4334
Lazy Bee

I'm at home from work as well, but I'm sure it's not the H1N1 flu since I only have a mild fever. My throat and bronchus though feel like barbed wire.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #4335
Second Degree Black Belt

Poor tsa.... I hate those stinging bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I'm at home from work as well, but I'm sure it's not the H1N1 flu since I only have a mild fever. My throat and bronchus though feel like barbed wire.
Poor Jelena...... I hope you don't get any worse off

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #4336
Stalker of Britain

I just had the scare of my year, if not my life.

I was trying to install Daemonica on my computer, and failing miserably. My computer would rur really loudly, so I thought it was running pretty slow. I couldn't even get the setup of this game to run. So I decided to try and free up some space to make it run faster. I didn't know exactly what I was doing, and even though I read up on some of it, I tried using the Defragger and a Disk cleanup. Before I knew it, all of my games were gone, my wordpad, my internet explorer, and probably stuff I hadn't noticed were gone yet. I was freaking the f- out. I tried a System Restore, which I've tried before, but hadn't worked. I remember reading somewhere that the Norton Antivirus blocked it, so in a last hope, and parying to God like crazy, I turned off the protection and hoped I could restore the system to yesterday, which was the only one left, since I had tried to delete all past system restore points. And Heaven was looking down on me tonight, since it worked! Everything's back to normal, besides the fact I can't install "Daemonica".
Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #4337
merely human

Jeezus Finnegan Cripes! I hope your 'puter didn't have a stroke, hon.

How old is it?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #4338
Stalker of Britain

My computer is like my baby, so I really was scared there.

I had it custom made about 2 years ago or so. It has more than half of it's like 200 GB hard drive free, and it runs pretty good, but this really freaked me out.

And I still don't have my game installed!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #4339
tsa
Playing character

EEK, that is scary! Having to reinstall everything is no fun. But if it has so much free space, why did you try to free up even more? Oh well, it's running fine again now .
Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #4340
Stalker of Britain

Even though it had that much free space, it seemed to be running slowly. *shrug*