You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat The AG Community Blog

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 02:17 AM   #4301

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Well, if you haven't been out in awhile, Andrea, definetely go out. But finishing Sanitarium is awesome, so whichever you feel more complelled to do.
I tried for a compromise. I went out for a little while, hoping that boyfriend could join last minute, then I returned home quite early, around 2 a.m. and then I watched a couple of episodes of Battlestar Galactica
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #4302
tsa
Playing character

And what a smashing night you had!

Well, it's better han me, staying home because of the hooligans that allegedly overran our city.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #4303

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Well, it's better han me, staying home because of the hooligans that allegedly overran our city.
Hooligans? What's going on?
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #4304
tsa
Playing character

Yesterday we had the football match Netherlands - Japan over here. They were very afraid of hooligans coming to spoil the party. I didn't go to the city yesterday but a friend of mine said that the atmosphere there was actually quite good. There were many policemen asking the identity papers of everyone who looked a bit like a hooligan, but for the rest it was OK. No troubles whatsoever.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #4305
kamikaze hummingbirds

Hurrah! Despite the quickness with which residencies in the area were sold, I have got a room in a house that I'll be sharing with four other people... supermarket is nearby, as is the bus station.

Last edited by Hammerite; 09-06-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #4306

Great! Happy for you!

When you're starting college?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #4307
kamikaze hummingbirds

26th September, which is quite soon.
Thusly I am excited and worried in equal measure - I'm hoping I meet at least one person in a Boards of Canada shirt or something.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #4308
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
Hurrah! Despite the quickness with which residencies in the area were sold, I have got a room in a house that I'll be sharing with four other people... supermarket is nearby, as is the bus station.
Oh that is really handy. One of my criteria as well . Congratulations!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #4309
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
26th September, which is quite soon.
Thusly I am excited and worried in equal measure - I'm hoping I meet at least one person in a Boards of Canada shirt or something.
With four people living with you you'll have an interesting time at the very least! Your knowledge in music should go a long way at uni because it's a common language unlike say, adventure gaming
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #4310
kamikaze hummingbirds

Yeah, I might try to do something on the student radio station.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #4311
Stalker of Britain

Aww, good luck, Hammy!

It'll be awesome. For me, the sense of freedom was amazing. With your new exciting, party life, you better remember to save time for us.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 09-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #4312
merely human

Dear Blog Thingy,

Van Jones is a coward and a pussy. If he really does believe, truly believe, that Obama can help get us as a country back on our feet then he would have stood his ground, called the loudmouthed Republic**ts and conservatives out on their own hypocrisies, and remind us that he's in this fight to make the U.S. an honourable nation once again.

The man, however, doesn't have the balls to do that. I'm ashamed of him for that reason and not the reason for which he said he's stepping down.

That's all for now.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #4313
Creepy Father Figure

Don't hold it in Trep. Tell us how you feel
Old 09-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #4314
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Don't hold it in Trep. Tell us how you feel
Ooh! Are you being all Oprah on me now?

Dear Blog Thingy,

I tried putting my long woolly teddy bear, Crispin Commonwealth, with Nanay in bed to keep her company while she sleeps. She didn't want.

I said, "But Nay, this bear supports health care reform!"

She laughed, but still refused. Poor Crispin.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #4315
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Dear Blog Thingy,

Van Jones is a coward and a pussy. If he really does believe, truly believe, that Obama can help get us as a country back on our feet then he would have stood his ground, called the loudmouthed Republic**ts and conservatives out on their own hypocrisies, and remind us that he's in this fight to make the U.S. an honourable nation once again.

The man, however, doesn't have the balls to do that. I'm ashamed of him for that reason and not the reason for which he said he's stepping down.

That's all for now.
I don't really get the story, not being that informed about American politics, but I got the impression that maybe the man left because he could get a better job elsewhere.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #4316
kamikaze hummingbirds

I can't belief anyone in the US takes Glenn Beck seriously, over here the only reason most people know who he is is because of him being a target of Charlie Brooker's hatred.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #4317
Creepy Father Figure

You know I wonder how come neither side of the health care issue ever say anything about fair market value for drugs and health services.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #4318
tsa
Playing character

Because the people in your government have been bribed by the pharmaceutical companies, and those companies don't have anything to gain by a fair market value for drugs and health services.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #4319

What is "fair market value"? That's just the way a system where everything relating to health is heavily private sector implemented and private sector architected tends to turn out.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #4320
Creepy Father Figure

Sort of like the old Trust groups that held sway over the turn of the century. Where the necessities to life were price controlled by the groups that sold them. Fair market values were subverted by the trust groups when all the groups set the same price. through mutual agreement.
It also pertains to a company that has complete control of a product and use it to jack up the prices. as in the Ma Bell (AT&T) trials that broke up that business.
I am surprised how many people turn a blind eye to the similarities to this and should start attacking the heavy profit margin for items in which life depends. That's the only way health care reform is going to go down.