You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat AG Forums - where do you post?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
Live Slow Die Old

Default AG Forums - where do you post?

I came to this site a little while ago with adventure games on my mind. I used to read through all the AG threads and became quite interested in the Underground topics and games as well.

Then I got bored of discussing the same old games and writing the same old top 10 lists over and over so I came here to the nonsensical if occasionally thought-provoking and rarely poignant world of Chit-Chat. The other sections, I hate to say, are a little repetitive.

I still love adventure games, I just don't feel like discussing them anymore. I guess I'm just too comfortable in this neck of the woods.

Am I alone on this?
Old 09-24-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

Yes, the talk does get a little repetative. Hence, I came to "chit-chat". It's been a blast.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
Second Degree Black Belt

nope, this is the first forum that I have ever been a part of. When I started coming here everyone seemed very open and honest, and dare I say almost like family. It's like talking to a brother half way around the world. I look forward to coming to the different threads and just having a good time and seeing the same avatars each day just listening to what people have to say not even about games per say just about their thoughts and their feelings. I like talking about games but I would much rather hear about someone’s day or if they just need a friendly ear.....

so flyboy how was your day today?

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 09-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
so flyboy how was your day today?
Ha! Good question. It's been mostly wasted. I have to finish a grant application before I leave for Scotland on Thursday and I ended up doing more procrastinating than anything. Hence all my posts on this site today.

And you?
Old 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
Second Degree Black Belt

pretty good for the most part. My husband and daughter went to church this morning I skipped out b/c I tired and I played games and just spent time with me. Thanks for asking.

ps - as far as procrastinate I wouldn't worry about it. My husband is a programmer and if you are anything like what he says programmers are then you will do you best work the closer your deadline gets.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I had a boring day...
Some research on WWII warships and visits here were really the highlights of it.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:32 PM   #7
Second Degree Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giligan View Post
I had a boring day...

well it couldn't have been too boring you are talking to all of us aren’t you? and I know for a fact I'm not boring.... well there was that one time..... oh, never mind that wasn’t me..... teehee

Old 09-24-2006, 05:34 PM   #8

I don't spend much time out of Chit Chat, but it's not because I don't like the discussion elsewhere. I just feel like I need to spend more time thinking about what I write and what I read when I'm posting the games forums. Chit Chat is for quickie posting.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Super Moderator

I post some in adventure if it's an intersting topic. I'm never very good at top 10 lists or the best and worst adventure stuff because I don't feel I've played enough games to make a judgement.

I post quite a bit in Chit Chat and at times will say something in the General forum when I really shouldn't because I have nothing really valuable to contribute.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #10
Diva of Death

Send a message via MSN to Jeysie

Mainly in Chit Chat, I admit.

There's some very interesting "meta" conversations in Adventure, but there's also lots of "forum game" threads, bland list threads, and not many game-specific threads. The game-specific threads there are seem to be merely "review" threads and/or are about recent games I haven't played yet...

One reason why I experimented with the Playthrough idea; to be able to talk about old games... and the *details* of said games, not just "highlights" or overviews. The recent Monkey Island 2 thread was quite interesting to participate in, albeit admittedly a bit too much on the gripey side.

I guess all the "non-recent" detailed game talk has been done before I got here?

Peace & Luv, Liz

"Maybe it's still in the Elemental Plane of Candy."
"Is the Elemental Plane of Candy anything like Willy Wonka's factory?"
"If it is, would that mean Oompa Loompas are Candy Elementals?"
"Actually, I'm thinking more like the Candyland board game. But, I like this idea better."
"I like the idea of Oompa Loompa Elementals."
Old 09-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #11
It's Hard To Be Humble

Chit Chat and Adventure. Rarely General or Underground.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
is not wierd

I did the same thing. At first kept it exclusively to the adventure forum. Then I got a little tired of it, moved to general. I wasn't even aware of Chit-Chat until I made a post that actually belonged in chit-chat but put it in general because i didn't see anywhere else to put it. After I realized my mistake, I've been enjoying chit-chat ever since. I still don't post a lot in chit-chat, though (mostly the same threads because most thread topics don't grab my eye). Mostly general gaming.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #13
Unreliable Narrator

Send a message via AIM to Squinky Send a message via MSN to Squinky

I used to pretty much exclusively read Underground; sadly, with one exception, there wasn't really much exciting discussion going on in there. It was only after I got put on the AG staff as a writer that I really started posting on other areas of the site (before, I kind of lurked but didn't really post because I didn't feel enough like part of the community - as is the case in real life, I'm kind of shy and quiet until I'm around certain people often enough to warm up to them).

These days, I'm mostly in Chit-Chat, sometimes in Adventure or General, and check Underground regularly but skulk away sadly upon viewing its relative emptiness.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Psychonaut

I post in most areas.

If people are bored with posts in the Adventure section I have a revolutionary idea.

Why don't you make up some posts you might enjoy and post them?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #15
Live Slow Die Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Why don't you make up some posts you might enjoy and post them?
It's all been done! Well, not all, but most. There's not much I can think that hasn't been discussed to death here. Hopefully one day I'll come up with something adventure-related.

The truth is, I had this massive renewal of interest in adventure games right about the time I signed up here. I spent quite a bit of time compiling a disc with every single adventure game that I've ever played on it (it's quite a long list) which I gave out to my friends and enemies alike (hoping perhaps that it would usher in a new era of 16 bit peace). Then I replayed several of the games, loved them, came and checked the site regularly to see what people were talking about, then got really busy with work and film-related projects. At that point I sort of stopped playing the games and my interest (for the moment, anyway) in adventure has dwindled. It'll be back someday though, it never goes away for long.

you might say that I came for the adventure and stayed for the casual conversation.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #16
Lazy Bee

I post in Chit Chat most of all but also in the Adventure forum. Very occasionally in General.
In Chit Chat I have a circle of friends parallell to my cirlce of friends in real life. In a different way of course, but still an important group of people.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:00 AM   #17
Second Degree Black Belt

I stick mostly to chit- chat b/c I feel comfortable here. I try and not go outside my comfort zone very often but when I do I feel that I have something to contribute, part of a question, answer something along those lines. but mostly I stay in chit chat.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:45 AM   #18
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I try to read most posts other than those in the Hints and Tech forum, which I only check occasionally. Most of my posting seems to be in Chit Chat, though.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:47 AM   #19
Roar?

I'll post in Adventure or General if the topic interests me (it rarely does as of late). Mainly I stick to Chit-Chat like the rest of you.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:29 AM   #20
Easily amused

I think I post equally in both forums. I occasionally will also post in site or forum feedback.