You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #81
Life and times of...

As I said, I am no expert To me nothing else is odd, but there's just something about that smoke...
Old 09-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #82
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Well, since there are now replies, I won't edit my post - I was going to add the small detail that I'm truly focussing only on the picture; so it's not including concerns like that none of the discussion Melanie linked to pertains to it being a fake or not (except for this); or, on the other side of things, I can make no statement about if there is such a place in New York from which one would get that view from (note same comment, though).
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awardsâ„¢, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformismâ„¢
Internet Explodifierâ„¢ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuserâ„¢
Old 09-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #83

I have only read page one of this thread and I am saddened by the comments.

I dont think once a year is too much to mourn all those poor people who lost their lives, and for their poor families and indeed friends.

Maybe I feel this way because I visited ground Zero earlier this year whilst in NYC. I know i am not the only one.

The absolute reality of what had happened there was overwhelming.

There was a hushed calm it seemed very very sad.

I think people are entitled to their views and I have no wish to shove mine down your throats.

But I will always remember.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #84
Party On Dudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
How do you know you aren't just a brain in a jar being fed sensory data by a bunch of mad scientists? For that matter, since the existence of such a thing as a brain is based on past sensory data, how do you know any of the universe exists at all in the way you think you perceive it.

Basically your question is unanswerable not because you're right but because there will always be another "How do you know" beyond any answer. I could say I'd seen the plans beforehand. You'd say "How do you know the evil organisation didn't replace the plans well in advance?" I could say I'd toured the building and noticed the problems myself. You'd say "How do you know the tour wasn't run by the evil organisation with mock-up faults to lend credence to their story?" I could say I was responsible for the shoddy design. You'd say "You're part of the evil organisation".

In all honesty, the moment someone even uses the phrase "evil organisation" in this context it's clear they're not open to any sort or rational argument. You're arguing based on a proof that has no substance other than "What if" speculation. I refuse to waste my time arguing with someone who bases their opinion on lack of facts.
when we have a government that doesn't lie to us, then there will be no more 'how do you knows'. for now what can we do? we are headless chickens ready for eatin'. history? how do we know? statistics? how do we know? capitalism? full of shit.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #85

My dad died on September 11th last year. I don't really ever associate that date with with what happened to the World Trade Centre at all anymore...
Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #86
Creepy Father Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglekitten View Post
My dad died on September 11th last year. I don't really ever associate that date with with what happened to the World Trade Centre at all anymore...
I understand that. Lost my mother last month now my birthday is gonna suck since we shared it
Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 PM   #87

it all totally sucks to be honest *cuggles* for you though.