You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Best Music of 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #1
rare groove

Send a message via ICQ to Pappapisshu
Default Best Music of 2006

Yah, listening to the gorgeous new album by Joanna Newsom and reading to iPod thread made me realize that a thread like this is sorely missing in Chit Chat. That, plus the fact that I LOVE to shove my musical preferences down people's throats.

So, this is where you get the chance to promote whatever you like, produced and/or released this year. IT can be anything from favorite album or EP, to just a track, a hottt remixxx, mash-up och just a regular mix someone's thrown togehter. 'Twould be nice if you could sprinkle the thread with legal mp3s (like, from the artist's official site, or myspace or whatever) and maybe beautiful pictures.

Aight, I'll start. This is from the start of the year, a mp3-blog favorite so if you've heard anything by Beirut it would probably be this, but it's still the best track on the album.

Postcards From Italy.

The whole 'Gulag Orkestar' album is a beautiful pop record clothed in faux gypsy-folk, made by a very american and obviously talented 19 years old multi-instrumentalist Zach Condon. Postcards From Italy is the prettiest little thing, sprinkled with guitar strumming and horns and zach's crooning.

Listen!
Old 08-31-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
SamNMax

I don't even remember if I've bought an album that came out this year. Maybe one. Haven't heard a lot of good stuff this year.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Party On Dudes

Spoiler:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=578 1463&MyToken=7df2fe8f-c92b-4417-a7b8-7fa603474591

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Life and times of...

Well, it came out last year actually, but late, so I'll let it go.

Santana - All That I Am

Why? Because it's Santana. And (yes, the fact that it's Santana is a reason on its own), it has some excellent songs though does not reach the level of Supernatural, but still... Especially Trinity on that record is just one damn good song. Maybe one of the best the last year.

You should be able to find samples in his site, or in online shops. Here's his home site:
http://www.santana.com/

(Edit): I've not checked the enhanced version of the site in a long time (I've just done some quick check-ups every now and then and didn't bother, especially since I thought it's pretty much the same), but now I did, and I just found out they have a Santana radio channel there. It's just pure awesomeness. It's Santana all the time, and I've not even heard all of the songs. http://www.live365.com/scp/pro/santana/#

Last edited by UPtimist; 09-01-2006 at 07:36 AM.