You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Wot's in your iPod?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
merely human

Default Wot's in your iPod?

1. The Doors - Light My Fire
2. Madonna - Rain (music video)
3. Nova vodcast (video podcast updated regularly from the PBS science series)
4. John Digweed / Vince Watson - Bubbles
5. Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
6. Blondie - Union City Blues
7. XPlay daily video podcast (gaming news and reviews; Morgan Webb is so f***ing hot)
8. TERRA video podcast (online series featuring global environmental concerns)
9. National Public Radio news podcast
10. Ulrich Schnauss - Suddenly The Trees Are Giving Way

Recently got the 30 gig video iPod and enjoying it immensely (I have the black one on the left in the pic), especially on my commutes to and from work.

So, what's in yours? And if you have a player other than an iPod tell me what's in it anyway, I want to know what you listen to and watch on the go, will give me a glimpse into your life and style.

List ten things to start, more things later (as you acquire them). Oh, and if you want to recommend a podcast, please do so! I'd love to discover new ones.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
capsized.

The embarassing truth beneath it all is.....

Isch 'aabe gar keinen iPod.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with yours, though.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #3
delusions of adequacy

Seasons 1-5 of the A-Team.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:42 AM   #4
Chris Barraclough

Ahh the A-Team, I've got a few episodes of that too on my Archos. Also got:

Whose Line Is It Anyway
Robot Chicken
40 Year Old Virgin
Shameless Series One

And too much random music to even begin to list.

Trep, if you want a couple of podcast recommendations, check out Ricky Gervais and Doctor Cockneys Sex Survey if you want a good laugh. Mark Kermodes film reviews are funny too, if you like a good bit of sarcasm

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 08-29-2006, 02:59 AM   #5
Party On Dudes

1. R.A. The Rugged Man - Die Rugged Man Die
2. Blue Oyster Cult - The Best Of

that's all i been listening to recently.

www.myspace.com/rabhiphop
Old 08-29-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
In an evening of July...

My 15GB iPod is full, the current playlist includes all of
5ive (not the teenpop band), Air, Alice Coltrane, Amon Tobin (some of the rare tracks), Black Cobra, Bonobo, Brutal Truth, dDamage, FSOL, Isis, Xploding Pla.. oh wait, that's ten already.
Plus, I always have some podcasts on it, all of them technology-related.

Btw Trep, is it really enjoyable watching videos on that tiny screen? And how long does the battery last?
Old 08-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #7
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I don't have money for an iPod, want to buy me one?
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:51 AM   #8
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I too lack an iPod. For some reason.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 AM   #9
Bad command or file name

iPod? No thanx. If I did want an mp3 player, I would pick up a Creative Zen. I don't have a want for an mp3 player though. I have 50 gigs of (legal and legitmate) music that I keep on my file server at home and stream to all my other computers. I also keep another copy of the music collection at work on a 120gig 2.5" hard drive in a candy red Vantec enclosure. For my car, I'm perfectly happy with, of all things, burned CDs. Squinting into a tiny screen and digging through menu after menu is not something I want to do while traveling 70mph on the highway.

As far as what the collection contains, it is mainly underground punk, hardcore, metal, and indie along with a smattering of bands from various other genres. Right now my playlist has Explosions In The Sky, Whippsersnapper, Lawrence Arms, and Snuff.

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!

Last edited by bysmitty; 08-30-2006 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #10
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

No iPod, but an mp3 player. Accordingly, it changes fairly often, as quarter of a gigabyte doesn't get you that far. But often found on it:

1 . a-ha - Cosy Prisons
A track from the recent 'Analogue' album - and absolutely gorgeous. Very melancholic, pretty, and with heavy use of metaphors. "Every perfect moment is a hidden warning..." Video, Lyrics
2 . Noel Gallagher - Teotihuacan
Seven minute long instrumental piece, some of the best music I've come across. Snagged this out of the X-Files 'Fight the Future' Soundtrack, which I generally recommend, as it's got some very cool and unusual tracks strewn across it. This ranks high on my 'favorite songs ever' list.
3 . Michael Bross - Fight of the Native Village
Taken from the Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath ST which is available for free on the oddworld site of their first ten years. When you're there, download the rest of the Stranger's Wrath soundtrack, most of it's is wickedly worth it.
4 . Twice A Man - Kula World, Second area
Kula World has an amazing soundtrack for a puzzle game. It rivals Tetris with incredible electronic ease, and makes Kula World about ten times as awesome as it would be without the music. I can't link to this, but I do have permission to give it out to KW-music-loving people, so if anyone wants a listen, let me know in PM.
5 . Labyrinth of Time ST - ...some specific track I've nick'ed Vague Knowledge...
I'd get more specific, but the only way I could clearly identify a LoT track was by it's position in the ordering of songs, as there is no binding of tracks to location or comparable. Years of playing it at random intervals has me associate certain tracks with certain areas, though, so my personal library of LoT mp3s is labelled with fancy names like this one, which I associate with the orbital library. But they're all good, and, sadly, all short. Nor are they original work - they're 'just' well-chosen.
6 . James Maker & Noko 440 - White Nigger (Mix #14)
Unsharable. Doesn't exist. Sorry. A while ago, I would've been able to link you guys to the lyrics of it, at least, but that page is ex. Maybe if you happen to know where James Maker is now, you could petition he plop all the unreleased songs into mp3 circulation, Noko be damned, and then run far, far away. ...oh wait, he's already done latter. Heh. Well, on the upside, maybe BoyToy will strangle me for posting about this in the first place. Mmm, violence.
7 . Jeff Wayne - Dead London (Apollo Four Forty Mix)
Well, I don't know about you, but Jeff Wayne + Apollo 4 40 equals sheer awesomeness in my book. Actually, this mix breaks continuity a slight bit (you'll notice if you ever listen to it), and it doesn't change the original by vast amounts, just enough to improve it a touch - and then, this track is guilty because I love the words. Eh, what am I saying! I love War of the Worlds completely. Ignore my ramblings.
8 . Lisa Lougheed - Run With Us
C'mon, one can't not love this 80s song. I stumbled across it because I used to be an avid Raccoons watcher, and they used this track as their theme song. It just doesn't get boring. It's the only believable happy song ever written. *sage nod* You better believe it.
9 . Venus - Beautiful Days
Sick, twisted, but absolutely lovely. It's actually not seen the circuitry of my mp3 player, but since I've been playing it more or less non-stop since someone stole it off the 'net for me (it's on the end credits of Immortal ad vitam, so I'd not call it illegal on my part ), I predict it will get put onto said mp3 player whenever I'm going out the house again on my own and by foot/train.
10 . Leftfield/Lydon - Open Up (For Your Ears Only Mix)
Off-tune wickedness. 'nuff said.

I can't post about songs without getting into details!
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™

Last edited by pinkgothic; 08-29-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #11
Bad command or file name

Thx for linking me to the Stranger's Wrath soundtrack PinkGothic! Didn't know that was out there. Downloading now.

Where did you get the Labrynth of Time music from?

...bysmitty
-sober up
-watch simpsons at 6pm
-UPDATE MY WEBSITE!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #12
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bysmitty
Thx for linking me to the Stranger's Wrath soundtrack PinkGothic! Didn't know that was out there. Downloading now.
I made someone happy! ZOMG PWNS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bysmitty
Where did you get the Labrynth of Time music from?
Via tedious, cheap means of recording it off the game. Better than nothing, though.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™
Old 08-29-2006, 08:08 AM   #13
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
Trep, if you want a couple of podcast recommendations, check out Ricky Gervais and Doctor Cockneys Sex Survey if you want a good laugh. Mark Kermodes film reviews are funny too, if you like a good bit of sarcasm
Thanks, mate. Will check them out. Been listening to a few podcasts about the paranormal (I love that sh!t) but they don't seem to be produced very well.

http://www.coolhunting.com/

I also subscribe to:

Vintage Tooncast (video) - vintage cartoons (Popeye, Felix the Cat, etc.) and short films
Coolhunting (video) - technology, design, nature, fashion, art, culture, etc.
National Geographic Video Shorts - supplement to the magazine

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2006/08/the_cocoon_from.php

Quote:
Uono, a Köln-based coffin manufacturer, offers The Cocoon, designed by Andreas Spiegel. Lightwight (20kg) and made from a soy-based resin and lined with jute, the coffin decomposes in 10-15 years and can also be used for cremation.You'll rest comfortably in the white cotton or silk liner. It features a water-based varnish and is CO2 neutral. The coffins are finished by hand are available in 14 colors, or use their Haute Couture program to design custom color of your choice.

Fortunately you can pre-order your coffin so your loved ones won't have to lay you to rest in something less aesthetically pleasing. Delivery is 3 days in Germany, and shipping elsewhere will take more time. The Cocoon will set you (or your loved ones) back $3,500.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #14
is not wierd

Coast to Coast is a pretty good paranormal podcast. http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #15
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
I don't have money for an iPod, want to buy me one?
I got the exact same problem!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #16
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittsie
iPod? No thanx....Squinting into a tiny screen and digging through menu after menu is not something I want to do while traveling 70mph on the highway.
I commute to work by train and bus so I have absolutely no problems. And if I did have to drive I would create various playlists to accommodate my various moods behind the wheel. The last thing I'd want is to be a potential road hazard while trying to sort cds or mp3 files while cruising down the 101. NO ONE should ever do that, it's just dumb. Bad enough people talk on their cell phones while driving.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #17
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Isn't talking on a mobile phone while driving illegal? It is over here, anyway...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #18
is not wierd

Over here it's ok as long as you're using an earpiece and as long as one ear is free (so you can hear sirens or other noises outside your own car).
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #19
merely human

Evidently even that ordinance isn't enough to prevent collisions.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #20
Chris Barraclough

You still see morons driving around on their mobiles here, despite the hefty fines they've introduced for it. I read about one vigilante who took to following people home if he saw them talking on their phones while driving, then slashing their tyres. Good man!

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk