Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   The most vile, evil and ANGRY Nintendo gamer in the world (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/16529-most-vile-evil-angry-nintendo-gamer-world.html)

KriD 08-23-2006 01:45 PM

The most vile, evil and ANGRY Nintendo gamer in the world

Don't know if this has been posted before. If it has, I don't care. :P

This guy cracks me up. He's dug up a selection of bad Nintendo games, and he's......well......reviewing them. :)

Especially Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde gives me a good laugh.

a-side 08-23-2006 02:27 PM

lol :D

bulldog 08-23-2006 02:32 PM

funny that was great

undeaf 08-23-2006 03:03 PM

WTF? Ninja turtles, castlevania 2, those are supposed to be horrible games?

Karmillo 08-23-2006 03:12 PM

If you watch them youll see they really are :P

RLacey 08-23-2006 03:30 PM

It's an interesting take on reviewing these games, but simply sitting there and swearing for four minutes of a five minute review (and spending another ten seconds drinking beer) isn't particularly interesting.

Jatsie 08-23-2006 05:00 PM

I dislike that man, he clearly thinks he is funnier and more intelligent than he actually is. Also, his use of profanity is gratuitous.

undeaf 08-23-2006 05:40 PM

That's what I've been doing just now...

(goddamnit, his page jams my firefox)

...okay, so in castlevania 2 you have to repeatedly kill monsters to buy certain items. Why is he bashing this game over that? Ever played dragon warrior? Now that game required a lot of level grinding. A LOT of level grinding; it was practically nothing but level grind! Why doesn't he review that game? He mentions the ending, but he doesn't even know that there are three different endings.

(and his page doesn't display properly in opera)

Now, as for the ninja turtles review...
He compares it to the later games, yes it's a platformer, so what, and it lacks a 2 player mode, as platformers typically do, so what, should there be no platformers? The beeping sound, it's not like you'd be hearing it a lot, when it happens you're supposed to switch to a different turtle. That guy at the top of the ladder in the pizza building wasn't hard to get past at all, all you had to do was jump at the floor he was on and hit up through it with donatello, or leonardo. The second stage, there was a time limit, so? If you took a lot of damage from the hazards, you could switch to different turtle. Overall, that level was not all that hard, there were many games that were worse, including many that had harder first levels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob
I dislike that man, he clearly thinks he is funnier and more intelligent than he actually is. Also, his use of profanity is gratuitous.

IMO the atypical profanity is actually one of the better aspects of the review.

KriD 08-24-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob

I think it's supposed to be a joke. He is obviously acting a lot. Maybe he don't think the games are that bad, he just likes to exaggerate. I think it's funny, though. :)

Karmillo 08-24-2006 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undeaf
...okay, so in castlevania 2 you have to repeatedly kill monsters to buy certain items. Why is he bashing this game over that? Ever played dragon warrior? Now that game required a lot of level grinding. A LOT of level grinding; it was practically nothing but level grind! Why doesn't he review that game? He mentions the ending, but he doesn't even know that there are three different endings.

I think he was complaining more about the fact that you have to start collection all over again if you die, and that the price of the things compared to how many hearts you get from one monster is too steep.

But like krid said, its meant to be a joke :P

undeaf 08-24-2006 03:12 PM

I just remembered, in that game, you could gain levels for more energy, so monster hunting had another purpose. But altogether, the need for monster hunting was relatively low. And monster hunting was not all that unusual back then, zelda 2 seemed to have quite a bit of a need for it, especially to stock up lives for the final part of the game, and you weren't able to even save your progress for that(I didn't have the patiance for that and so never managed to beat that game), and all the dragon warrior games I've played seemed to require a masochistic level of monster hunting.

Now that I think about it, with the existance of the dragon warrior games, I'm completely stumped about how the hell square could have come to the conclusion that final fantasy 4 and 5 were too hard for westeners.

Cold-Factor 08-24-2006 05:39 PM

Nonetheless, all his reviews are pretty funny.

KriD 08-28-2006 01:28 AM

A new review

stepurhan 08-28-2006 05:26 AM

Reminds me of the (non-video) reviews in the ROM Pit at Something Awful.

QFG 08-29-2006 07:52 AM

Great stuff!

undeaf 09-30-2006 05:00 PM

There's a bunch more reviews up, the latest is double dragon 3, I played that game a lot when I was a kid, now that game was hard, although I didn't really realise it at the time, I just kind of took it for granted that that's how it was supposed to be, although I still used a game genie. That was one of those games for which the game genie wasn't really like a cheat patch but more like a bugfix patch, and even with it it wasn't easy at all, although I did manage to beat it a few times. Oh, and for the game genie to have a meaningfull effect, you had to tweak the codes, the normal codes didn't do much, they just gave you 100 hit points instead of 84, had some effects that applied just as much to you and your enemies, or at best gave you some extra nunchucks.

undeaf 10-04-2006 06:57 PM

I dug out my copy of double dragon 3. It's not really all that hard, I got to the second level on my third try, and I probably would have made it on the second one if I hadn't accidentally ran off the roof.

undeaf 10-04-2006 09:06 PM

I've played it twice more and got to the mummies in the final room. So either all those people complaining that it's too hard don't know what they're talking about, or I've got a disturbingly large portion of my brain wired for this game.

Orange Brat 10-07-2006 03:21 PM

Pretty funny stuff. The profanity isn't gratuitous at all. He talks like the average person at any given party or social gathering. I've heard and said worse.

Target43 10-08-2006 07:04 AM

Roofle